User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type has more patience?

48. You may not vote on this poll
  • P

41 85.42%
  • J

7 14.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P vs J , which type has more patience?

morose bourgeoisie Array

'Low frustration tolerence' can be caused by brain injury, in the form of accident or progressive disease (i.e: blunt force or multiple sclerosis...)

My point is that it can be 'caused' by things other than personality type, but if you don't know that fact, you might make the logical error of attributing it to superficial behaviors.

I can be extremely patient about things and I can want things right here right now. Generally the former is when the way in which things progress isn't up to me (queueing, traffic, working towards a goal that involves other people) and the latter when it is - it'll often have to do with learning something new or making a decision. Once it's made, it has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Js, when they're working within their own system, are patient. But off their own turf, they crumble easier and get anxious. So they probably get more severely impatient than Ps, who experience it more fleetingly.
    Yes. I can vouch for that. It's my way or the highway. :steam:

I have lots of patience, but, when my limit has been reached (to the point of offense) I seem way more intolerant than your average Jane.

152 so/sx
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Well Js, how patient are you when dealing with setbacks, failures and obstacles that is blocking you from reaching your goal?
    Incredibly patient, but only when expected.

Otherwise, I'm naturally uncompromising with delays, and it propels me to even work harder past the obstacles. That excess energy buildup fortunately comes with speed and motivation. I think for goals I intend to shoot for, patience is a bit of a drawback. My impatience often has me skimping out on the details (like brooding, feeling offended), and move right into being productive. On the plus side, I have a knack for resolving problems very quickly, but sometimes, I end up tramping over others if I'm not careful.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

468 sx/sp

I have extreme patience with training animals, and I can be patient with people in the long-term, but in everything else, I have zero patience.

Impatient with socializing. I like people to get to the point so we can get done with whatever it is to be done. When people socialize and detract from that I become slightly agitated by having to use Fe to get others to do what they are supposed to. I think this is why I damn well hate group projects. You spend more time *ucking around then getting anything done.

Patient with most other things.

I suppose I have a good deal of patience. I try my best to be tolerant of people's mistakes. We are all imperfect, and as such we should at least try our best to be patient with others. The most important aspect of doing anything is to actually try; and once I see someone doing just that, i will extend lots of patience to them. However I still have a limit and that limit extends much further with people that I am somewhat close to or deal with regularly, such as a family member,or to an "everyday person" than it would to someone such as a clearly avaricious politician or official.

I do not believe it is outright "type related" though, as I believe that the amount of patience we extend may entails the amount of worth we may place on patience itself and onto the situations and entities involved. Though there may be some correlation with type.

Patience, also has an important affect on the outcome of a scenario. There is no use planting seeds, only to become impatient, abandon them, gain little, and thus waste time. Although, such a strategy cannot be always applied with fail, you cannot always save a ship that is sinking
    The MBTI is a tool to help you on your self discovery. It nor any other the label can ever hope to describe you, because you are are unique and special, we all are. Any comments made regarding a group of people should be considered to be general and not ubiquitous; and no one should lose of sight of that. . Do not stereotype other people or yourself for that matter, but generalise if you must when a general example or pattern is required. And if you took the time to read this thank you

Senior Member Array

Js need to justify their patience

Ps just are

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    A lot of the addictive personalities I've known were strong Ps. Poor impulse control. But with non-hedonistic things, can be completely zen.

Js, when they're working within their own system, are patient. But off their own turf, they crumble easier and get anxious. So they probably get more severely impatient than Ps, who experience it more fleetingly.

Hmmmm so overall.... P stands for patience. But it's not that clear cut.