User Tag List

First 23456 Last

I once thought I was lazy

Then I realized my NT mind was just sorting out the relevant from the irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hope everything worked out for you, Note!

Yes, I am ENFP and I have this problem a lot of the time too. A LOT OF THE TIME. Usually I just have to wait until the pressure builds enough that it forces me to do it, or, as others have suggested just start writing (or doing, if it's not a writing assignment) anything and then it seems to just... flow. Or at least then you have something to work with.

Can someone explain to me the theory behind why is it an N-P trait?
    because you hated work, simple as that.
    You find work exhausting and don't want to do it, putting it off until the last minute.
    You have to find something you enjoy doing.
    work is like investing in your future, or investing in your goals, only through work can you actuallize your goals.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    because you hated work, simple as that.
    You find work exhausting and don't want to do it, putting it off until the last minute.
    You have to find something you enjoy doing.
    work is like investing in your future, or investing in your goals, only through work can you actuallize your goals.
    That doesn't make sense why it's N-P, though. Don't lots of people hate work or find it exhausting?

MBTI
    ENTP

it's the P. we expect it to come to us, so we can react to it. "it" being idea, motivation, le mot juste, and "it" only comes when the pressure is high- when we sense the deadline approaching, and we react to the adrenaline.
    method doesn't always work out.
    J are proactive.

read. write. doesnt matter if it's shit. it helps to avoid checking the clock.

i cant will myself to sleep when i'm watching my time tick away.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by velocity View Post
    Why fight the apathy? Inertia begets sucess.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That doesn't make sense why it's N-P, though. Don't lots of people hate work or find it exhausting?
    people hate work because they don't know what it is.
    They hate it because they don't see the point of doing it, or drains their mental energy out. Adding to this is time and deadlines, in modern day society, you have to get things done within a certain time limit.

I mean it is not that difficult to lift a pen and start writing words on a piece of paper.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Oh the joys of having a large P-ness..

All joking aside, I can understand your dilemma. I always seem to have this problem when it comes to papers, projects, homework..just about anything, really. I do get it done, in the end, but it can be stressful. I do enjoy the improvisation sometimes. It's like I'm pushing myself to see what amazing thing I can come up with in the most limited time period. Testing myself, ya know? Anyway, I'm pretty fed up with my bad habits (because really, they are bad) and I am attempting to change them. Good luck with fixing yours: it isn't easy.

As for your current dilemma..I find that when I try to force myself AT FIRST, I automatically resist. It's a quirk, and I'm probably not alone with it. Just attempt to let it flow. That's all I can really say.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    ENTP

I wonder how it turned out. :/
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    SEXY

I do more then enough things in general, but I do suffer from procrastination a lot and tend to net get some important things done.
    (removed)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Just do it...?
    Such an inconsiderate remark! *chases with toy bat*

When I was in school, I had such large Pness, that I can't remember actually having been in school... Almost...

Any course or work I had to do that wasn't interesting to me, I did last minute, really little, if I could suffer the grade, not at all. I aimed to have passing grades, but not a tid bit more than that. And wasted all my spare time on playing around. My last year was so bad that I hardly even followed the first 2/3 hours of the day, and even suffered a lot of 1's for not attending secret tests without reason of absense.

Still, I must have picked up some stuff in the classes I did attend. As I passed and got my lil' paper.

When I look back at it now, from a hard working person's perspective. I know I could have done so astoundingly well if I had put some effort into school, that I wonder what would've become of me if I didn't threw my towel with almost everything in school.

I mean, would I have still become a succesful entrepeneur, or would I have become a regular loyal deskjob worker?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf