Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    [good job, Syn, good deed, great posts]
    Thanks, LeafAndSky.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

What's the paper about? If it's within my realm of interests/knowledge, I'll just do it for you. I charge $20/word for my pages of gold, but trust me, it's worth it. Just set up a paypal account, and we'll go from there. Trust me, this is an offer that you simply cannot refuse.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Thanks, LeafAndSky.
    Karma +1 for Synarch!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I would help you but I'm an SJ and we don't seem to have these problems.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    What's the paper about? If it's within my realm of interests/knowledge, I'll just do it for you. I charge $20/word for my pages of gold, but trust me, it's worth it. Just set up a paypal account, and we'll go from there. Trust me, this is an offer that you simply cannot refuse.
    ^^ But that's going to leave the guy feel unfulfilled about it - which would probably farther his self-indulgence to his thoughts, already a problem to him as it is.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    ^^ But that's going to leave the guy feel unfulfilled about it - which would probably farther his self-indulgence to his thoughts, already a problem to him as it is.
    Does he want to feel fulfilled, or does he want to get the paper done? There's no time for both at this point.

By the way, Note, this is the N(T)P curse. We arrogantly convince ourselves that we are smart enough to get it done eventually, regardless of how tightly we squeeze the time frame. Then when it comes to crunch time, our Ne gets too distracted to focus and instead starts seeing all the possible repercussions of not having it done on time, thereby stressing us out even more and making it harder to focus. Just eliminate distractions that your Ne might indulge in, and get in the Ti analysis zone. You'll start launching diamonds onto your computer screen if you just have a little aim.

Once you start taking courses that actually interest you, rather than crappy core shit, the frequency of these kinds of occurrences will surely decrease. You probably just have a hard time focusing because it doesn't interest you at all and/or you arrogantly believe that you are too good enough to waste any of your mental energy on something as trivial as whatever the silly subject of the paper is. But once you get into classes that are pertinent to your major/interests, you'll actually be focusing on stuff you enjoy. Just get through this stuff first, and it's easy-breezin' for the rest of your college career (so long as you actually figure out what interests you).

I think the best way for us to really convince ourselves to do what we consider to be menial and/or boring work is to imagine the consequences of doing it vs. the consequences of not doing it. Typically, the latter will be much worse, so to avoid those repercussions, it only makes sense to go ahead and get the [insert menial task here] done with.

I have no advice to help with procrastination, though. I actually can't get work done unless I feel pressured, and I produce better stuff when I feel pressured to produce it. Otherwise, it's impossible for me to focus and care about the task at hand. So long as you actually get the work done and it's up to par, I really don't think there's anything wrong with procrastination (but this could just be my ENTP way of justifying my flaws to myself and/or turning my flaws into good character traits). Just don't go get yourself an ulcer or anything like that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

^^ I see what you mean.

Does he want to feel fulfilled, or does he want to get the paper done? There's no time for both at this point.
    Good question.

figsfiggyfigs

Listen, that hardest part about doing something is Starting it. Once you actually GET yourself started, its easy sailing from there.
    Believe me, just push yourself to start the thing, and you'll see how easy it comes after

Btw, what did you now learn??

It's better to get crap out of the way, so you don't have to worry about crap later.

Take the battery out of your clock, and start it whatever time you are ready.
    You are obviously feel pressured by time, so if you get a clock that doesn't change, your anxiety and panic attack will slow down.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Hope everything worked out for you, Note!

By the way, Note, this is the N(T)P curse. We arrogantly convince ourselves that we are smart enough to get it done eventually, regardless of how tightly we squeeze the time frame.
    Yes, I am ENFP and I have this problem a lot of the time too. A LOT OF THE TIME. Usually I just have to wait until the pressure builds enough that it forces me to do it, or, as others have suggested just start writing (or doing, if it's not a writing assignment) anything and then it seems to just... flow. Or at least then you have something to work with.

Can someone explain to me the theory behind why is it an N-P trait?