User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    Yes, Lex, a waste of time for me because I find it difficult to do things that don't contribute to a big picture that has some greater purpose. I don't think other people are wasting their time — it could be a great mental exercise for them. I don't judge them poorly for it. I would just rather assume that I could memorize the algorithms and instead spend those minutes obsessing over the future or how to improve a relationship of mine. Others might consider that a waste of time. I guess it's an INFJ thing.
    So everything you do must contribute toward a "greater purpose"?

I take it you don't spend much time reading books, watching films, going on vacations, celebrating holidays, or viewing irrelevant personality forums, then?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yeah, most things I consciously set time apart for contribute to a greater purpose from my view. I like to read because I feel that good books build character, but if I don't feel it's moving in that direction, I don't finish the book. True that I don't watch TV or movies. I do go on vacations if I feel like I need to relax so I can become more efficient when I return. I feel like this forum can help me better understand the people around me, which is a great thing for the big picture of life.

I just joined the board today, and let's just say that I'm not surprised to already be defending myself against an INTJ. And all because I don't want to spend time figuring out the Rubik's cube. What a shame.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaJane View Post
    Yeah, most things I consciously set time apart for contribute to a greater purpose from my view. I like to read because I feel that good books build character, but if I don't feel it's moving in that direction, I don't finish the book. True that I don't watch TV or movies. I do go on vacations if I feel like I need to relax so I can become more efficient when I return. I feel like this forum can help me better understand the people around me, which is a great thing for the big picture of life.

I just joined the board today, and let's just say that I'm not surprised to already be defending myself against an INTJ. And all because I don't want to spend time figuring out the Rubik's cube. What a shame.
    Basically, you act according to underlying conditions. Welcome to the sane world!
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

I'm an INFP, and I love Rubick's Cubes. I just love puzzles in general, especially word-related ones. I love discovering patterns and how those patterns can be used as a general concept to solve a puzzle, which is exactly what the Rubick's Cube is about.

I've always had strong leanings toward NT though, even if NF wins out in the end.

MBTI
    SEXY

Took me 1,5 years to figure the damn thing out.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Still working on mine...

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

When I was about 8, I peeled all the stickers off and reapplied them so it looked like I solved it. My parents thought I was a genius...they've been very disappoined ever since.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INTP

Rubik's cubes (3x3s, at least) have been analyzed to completion. It's doable to understand it the way I understand tic-tac-toe. If you want a better test of intellect (as well as hours of practice and rote memorization), I might suggest you play chess instead.

Instead of pulling off the stickers off of Rubik's cubes and reattaching them, I pulled the cubes off and reattached them. It was cool to look at the inside of a rubik's cube to see how it worked.

Damn, now I want to take apart a 4x4 rubik's cube.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

What do you call a person who got hold of a well scrambled Rubik's cube for the first time and solved it in less than 6 minutes? memory or speed of thought process?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Oh yes, to answer your question: It would be an "NT thing." Solving a Rubik's cube requires analytical abilities which come appeal more naturally to NTs.
    Fixed.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    ― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching