User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Cognitive Styles

I dont believe types are as rigid as alot of people think. Cognitive styles has a type called Contributor. Who is usually the oldest child, or the one parents put the pressure on to go far. Contributors can be ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ, and they usually emphasize either Se or Te. Its like a loop the brain uses. The theory says as you become aware and learn your brain kind of unlocks and you will not identify with an mbti type less as much as one of the cognitive styles. I understand this completely because i can tell when my thinking changes. This is either gonna sound like genius or madness. For instance Im a young man, life is not easy what happens when times are hard is I choose to go into loner mode and start planning alot, and become very singleminded. Then I start testing mbti as INTJ or ENTJ. And quite the opposite when things are going well, I tend to test ESTJ, sometimes ENTJ. I think its possible to be aware of different types or how to utilize them in each of us.

MBTI
    ENTJ

All Sorts of People - Ordered Complexity
    check the tests out, you can also read the book in pdf format. Its a tough read, I'd start in the type descriptions.

It really takes a giant leap forward on Jungs work

Read it and then go live life, dont get sucked in, life is too short.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

So you test ENTJ both when things are going well and when they're turning awry. Sounds simpler than what you make it to be.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ

No, interesting point, although I mistyped, ENTJ is usually when things are going shitty.

I bet theres more people that have run into this.
    Cognitive styles says you should test different stuff according to type

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by dbbag85 View Post
    No, It doesn't make any kind of sense to test ESTJ for 6 months and then to start testing INTJ and ENTJ for another period of time. What if you need to be an ENTJ at some point in your life? And then things chill out and you relax into ESTJ. That makes a hell of alot more sense to me. Maybe the human mind is more dynamic then they think.
    Usually in those cases we get better granulation with cognitive theory, not wholesale changing of types... because maybe the type isn't changing, what you're doing is developing skill/competence in non-preference areas.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Usually in those cases we get better granulation with cognitive theory, not wholesale changing of types... because maybe the type isn't changing, what you're doing is developing skill/competence in non-preference areas.
    That's what I'm thinking, too.

But seriously. ENTJs are more chill than ESTJs. Just sayin

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

BTW, I just looked at the PDF of the book and it's very much like a Christian book by Katie Fortune published in 1987, interestingly enough... where she determined seven types from the list of spiritual gifts found in the Bible NT:

Perceiver
    Exhorter
    Giver
    Server
    Teacher
    Administrator
    Compassionate

This book seems to have the following types:

Perceiver
    Exhorter
    Contributor
    Server
    Teacher
    Facilitator
    Mercy

Hmmm....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    BTW, I just looked at the PDF of the book and it's very much like a Christian book by Katie Fortune published in 1987, interestingly enough... where she determined seven types from the list of spiritual gifts found in the Bible NT:

Perceiver
    Exhorter
    Giver
    Server
    Teacher
    Administrator
    Compassionate

This book seems to have the following types:

Perceiver
    Exhorter
    Contributor
    Server
    Teacher
    Facilitator
    Mercy

Hmmm....

Revolutionary.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Read it and then weigh in. I have no idea about the type names correlation although I think thats pretty irrelevant considering cognitive styles is not bible based in the least.