• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] How pretentious are you

P

Phantonym

I'm definitely not ostentatious. I like to lay low and even blend into the background when I feel like it. I don't do anything purely for the sake of class.

However, if I'd go with the definiton of pretentiousness as "characterized by assumption of dignity or importance", then I definitely have that...hmm...sometimes. I am the center of my universe, after all. I don't feel like I'm better or worse than everybody else around me but, well, if I don't consider myself important, nobody will.

I don't feel like placing numbers on a scale at the moment.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Someone else would have to tell me. I definately don't think I'm better than anybody. some would disagree, some would more than definately agree.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
"I prefer to call it realism"

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
1 or 2 now. I'm hyper-aware of making others feel like they know less or are inferior, and try my hardest not to do that.

In high school, however, I'd have been about a 7.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would probably need an outside opinion but making an educated guess I don't think I'm pretentious and most people probably don't think I am. If they do, then okay. Never really been ostentatious. 2?3?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
irl 3/10
here 6/10
4 chan 13/10

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Is this really something you can expect a person to answer? Ask my friends or something.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
2/10 irl at a push...

Online, there's no tone of voice, and there's venting, so goodness knows, but if I ever come across that way I don't mean to.

I dunno if this is helpful to those who are a little stuck finding definitions, but these are people who the media define as/ are written deliberately to be pretentious:

Sir Ben Kingsley (this first link might help to get a sort of 'non-dictionary definition) YouTube - Ben Kingsley on pomposity and pretentiousness

Gilderoy Lockhart (and this is a complete characature of a pretentious personality...eugh) YouTube - Deleted Scene: Chamber of Secrets - Lockhart Pop Quiz

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretentious is one of the last words anyone would use to describe me.

2/10

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems like truly pretentious people wouldn't think they are pretentious, but would rather think they have fairly accurate in assessing themselves.

Anyways, friends of mine have told me there are certain areas of life where I can seem a bit pretentious, and others where I seem very insecure and lacking in confidence, causing me to underestimate myself. So...

A dependent variable / 10, I guess.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I say " Hey Nonny Nonny" a lot in response to most questions, and flourish my hands about in my pirate shirt to create the look of a swallow in flight to dazzle the dirt scrapers.

So, not pretentious at all, really.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm pretentious. I only have sex with virgin girls.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In terms of class or impressing other people, pretty low, like maybe a three or four because I will attempt to speak a certain way to convey that I am educated, I even worked to mask my Southern accent to some extent...but I don't do it all of the time.

I like fine things - like in terms of food and wine and art and music, things like that, but I don't do it to impress other people, I do it because it appeals to me aesthetically and emotionally. I don't consider it pretentious, but some people might give me an 8 or a 9 for those things, things I would surely indulge in more if I had more money.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
damn it the picture with the teddy bear really pisses me off.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I chuckle. What would a chuckle at someone shamelessly promoting themselves amount too? I think face palming is a four-ish on the pretentious scale.