• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Random thought thread (NT version)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't forget pumpkin seeds! I once did a stuffed pumpkin dish from a whole pumpkin... one of the big ones too. It lasted a week.
Seeds are fine, and tasty, but a bit of a pain in the neck to process. Plus most of the nutrition is in the pumpkin flesh.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I like pumpkin season. We eat our pumpkins: pumpkin muffins, cake, bread, and SOUP!

Yeah, all of that.mI don't even like muffins, or dessert. But put some pumpkin in it and I'll devour it.
This may have something to do with the cinnamon seasoning. I have a...reaction to cinnamon.

I do also love pumpkin seeads... imput Cinnamon on them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seeds are fine, and tasty, but a bit of a pain in the neck to process. Plus most of the nutrition is in the pumpkin flesh.

That's true. You can buy a bag of them already processed, though.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Could MBTI be the personality equivalent for non-binary gender identity systems?

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting thought, what would be the binary version, then?

You could say that there are some binary views of personality which are oversimplified and dichotomous: Extrovert/Introvert, Alpha/Beta, Type A/Type B, but that's not the basis of the analogy I'm making.

The similarity is this: it seems to me that both MBTI and non-binary gender systems tend to interest people who feel like square pegs in round holes and feel misunderstood (Especially for INXX types). These systems help the person to better understand themselves and feel more legitimacy in their perceived identities.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You could say that there are some binary views of personality which are oversimplified and dichotomous: Extrovert/Introvert, Alpha/Beta, Type A/Type B, but that's not the basis of the analogy I'm making.

The similarity is this: it seems to me that both MBTI and non-binary gender systems tend to interest people who feel like square pegs in round holes and feel misunderstood (Especially for INXX types). These systems help the person to better understand themselves and feel more legitimacy in their perceived identities.
IME MBTI and gender systems of any sort are categorising based on different sets of criteria. There is often a tendency to equate or at least correlate the two, but they are not the same. As such, neither is a substitute for the other. I personally find MBTI the more usefuly system as it says much more about the nature of a specific individual than any gender category could.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really want German chocolate cake.

Damn period.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Guys I think there's some kind of vortex in my mind. All I can think about is the hurricane that's coming to vacation at all the Florida Atlantic beaches. Is this a problem? My primitive Fe doesn't know how to handle such thoughts.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Is it weird that I was using images of tunnelling wounds to get my mind off of the horrors of the atmosphere last night?

Also a long time ago, I typed my friend as INFJ. Today she took the test and got INFJ. I am stupidly satisfied with myself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My low self esteem is what makes me feel special. :cool:

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perfectionism is the most sublime encarnation of self-torture.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Me: :)

455.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alcohol is both a blessing, and a terrible curse.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alcohol is both a blessing, and a terrible curse.
Many things in life are double edged swords, and can be used for good or for ill.