User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 156

Thread: Random thought thread (NT version)

  1. #81
    Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    778

    Default

    why half empty? why half full? why does it matter? reality isnt imparitive to a glass of water. refardless. the water isnt half empty. nothinf is truley ever "empty."
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes cm81, SlytherinD liked this post

  2. #82
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I actually hold closely with a religious belief that God finds unfulfilled or "unlived" life as questionable as sin, I read once about the final judgement in a yiddish story in which it wasnt all about how the soul had failed to do right by others but had eschewed all of life's pleasures which were unsolicited gifts from God.
    Jewish tradition seems to be full of this sort of common sense, down to earth wisdom. We have much to learn from each others' faiths. I wish people didn't so often go through life with spiritual blinders on.

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    why half empty? why half full? why does it matter? reality isnt imparitive to a glass of water. refardless. the water isnt half empty. nothinf is truley ever "empty."
    Exactly. I usually respond to this question: the glass is completely full, jut not of water.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

  3. #83
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    why half empty? why half full? why does it matter? reality isnt imparitive to a glass of water. refardless. the water isnt half empty. nothinf is truley ever "empty."
    *drinks it* now there's no water hah! in the glass, just to cover the pedanism of NTs
    by @magpie
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  4. #84
    Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Jewish tradition seems to be full of this sort of common sense, down to earth wisdom. We have much to learn from each others' faiths. I wish people didn't so often go through life with spiritual blinders on.


    Exactly. I usually respond to this question: the glass is completely full, jut not of water.
    marry me. o.o

    you understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan d


    yes, that required that many a's.

    I hate it when I bring up subjects like this in RL and I get shut down by weird looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    *drinks it* now there's no water hah! in the glass, just to cover the pedanism of NTs
    ITS STILL FULL! HAH! I WIN
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

  5. #85
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    marry me. o.o

    you understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan d


    yes, that required that many a's.

    I hate it when I bring up subjects like this in RL and I get shut down by weird looks.



    ITS STILL FULL! HAH! I WIN
    not of water. and i specified that. and if you're gonna do the pedantic thing almost every NT does on here i can't talk to you.
    by @magpie

  6. #86
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    marry me. o.o

    you understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan d


    yes, that required that many a's.

    I hate it when I bring up subjects like this in RL and I get shut down by weird looks.
    I often get weird looks/responses when I turn around common sayings, like:

    How can you eat a cake you don't have?

    The choir wants to hear a good sermon, too.

    I'm not interested in catching flies.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere
    Likes cm81 liked this post

  7. #87
    Member Array Jade Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." ~~ Harlan Ellison
    I remember seeing that when I scored INTJ on 16personalities.com . I was looking at all the quotes in the descriptions, and that one struck me as being true for almost all rationals- and of course other types too, when they're being reasonable. I'm not INTJ though, at least I don't think so.

  8. #88
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Heart View Post
    I remember seeing that when I scored INTJ on 16personalities.com . I was looking at all the quotes in the descriptions, and that one struck me as being true for almost all rationals- and of course other types too, when they're being reasonable. I'm not INTJ though, at least I don't think so.
    I certainly hope one needn't be an INTJ to be reasonable, or to try to overcome one's ignorance.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere
    Likes cm81 liked this post

  9. #89
    Member Array Jade Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I certainly hope one needn't be an INTJ to be reasonable, or to try to overcome one's ignorance.
    I wasn't implying anything of the sort. I was just sharing my observation.

  10. #90
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Heart View Post
    I wasn't implying anything of the sort. I was just sharing my observation.
    And I was agreeing with you.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thought Thread
    By Snuggletron in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 67837
    Last Post: Today, 11:44 AM
  2. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: Today, 06:29 AM
  3. The random philosophy thought thread
    By Evee in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO