• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, if you had to pick...

As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
...one of the other NT dominant functions to be your new dominant function, which one would it be?

I was about to go to bed when this thought came to me, and I realized mine would be Ne.

Thought it was interesting, and worth asking others.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
^But what is your type? (I'm guessing INTJ by the looks of the poll thus far)

Interesting, though. I'm curious to see the results...

I said Ni. :)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I said Te, but that's because I have extremely strong Te as it is, and it's pretty sweet.

Jaguar

My Ni already rocks so I didn't have to stray far from the truth, Z. :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, your i/e seem well balanced, so i'd figure so.

I was actually thinking about you and Sim when I thought up the question...

What I found interesting is that if I had to pick another NT dom function (and, let it be known, I wouldn't change mine, if I could), that I would pick Ne over Te. I'd never realized that before.

It got me wondering what you guys would do.

Since you know Ni, I felt pretty certain you would pick it.

Wasn't so sure (but had my ideas) about Sim...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, your i/e seem well balanced, so i'd figure so.

I was actually thinking about you and Sim when I thought up the question...

What I found interesting is that if I had to pick another NT dom function (and, let it be known, I wouldn't change mine, if I could), that I would pick Ne over Te. I'd never realized that before.

It got me wondering what you guys would do.

Since you know Ni, I felt pretty certain you would pick it.

Wasn't so sure (but had my ideas) about Sim...

Ni has a magical quality about it that I can't resist. The choice was obvious.

This is why INJs fascinate me more than ENJs.

As for Z, I'm surprised (pleasantly) that an INTJ would choose an NTP function over the other NTJ function.

And as for the poll results, I must say I'm not at all surprised that zero ENTJs see any value in either dominant NTP function :dry:

I prefer Te, though, over Ti.

Yeah, Ti is kind of like that one video game that no one else has ever heard of but that you happen to incredibly good at, so it does something useful about once every five years.

If I could order all four NT functions for myself I would probably choose Ne Ni Te Ti. (I guess yours would be Ni Ne Te Ti?)

Jaguar

I must say I'm not at all surprised that zero ENTJs see any value in either dominant NTP function :dry:

Your insight is mesmerizing.

Carnac%202

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i wouldnt mind having Ne as my first function, as long as i would have strong Ti as secondary function

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
i wouldnt mind having Ne as my first function, as long as i would have strong Ti as secondary function

Yeah we all know that INTPs are just sad ENTP wannabes.

Qre:us

I have to lead with a perceiving function; it feels like the world is that much more intensely curious.

Thus, Ni. I have a pretty good handle on it already, myself.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have to lead with a perceiving function; it feels like the world is that much more intensely curious.

Thus, Ni. I have a pretty good handle on it already, myself.

I think we ENTPs like to tell ourselves that we have a good handle on Ni, but then we meet INxJs and remind ourselves that this kind of speculation is just wishful thinking backed by the usual Ne bullshit. :(

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be Te, though I'm perfectly content with Ni.

Qre:us

I think we ENTPs like to tell ourselves that we have a good handle on Ni, but then we meet INxJs and remind ourselves that this kind of speculation is just wishful thinking backed by the usual Ne bullshit. :(

Maybe for you, but, for me, nope.

Is my Ni more readily available to me, than my Ne? No, but, it's there.

As for "good handle", that's quite subjective. Good handle compared to other INxJs? Maybe. It would depend on the INxJ individual, wouldn't it?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe for you, but, for me, nope.

Is my Ni more readily available to me, than my Ne? No, but, it's there.

As for "good handle", that's quite subjective. Good handle compared to other INxJs? Maybe. It would depend on the INxJ individual, wouldn't it?

Resists....the urge.....to argue....functions.....