User Tag List

View Poll Results: As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: Ne

10 12.99%
  • INTJ: Ti

3 3.90%
  • INTJ: Te

4 5.19%
  • ENTP: Ni

11 14.29%
  • ENTP: Ti

7 9.09%
  • ENTP: Te

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ni

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ti

2 2.60%
  • ENTJ: Ne

4 5.19%
  • INTP: Ni

9 11.69%
  • INTP: Te

6 7.79%
  • INTP: Ne

11 14.29%
First 6789 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What do you make of the fact ENTJs don't want any function besides the ones they already have? You're the one with the Ni. How is it that my one interpretation of the data, that ENTJs do not see the appeal of functions that they don't use because they are uninterested in an alternative method of worldview, is incorrect?

This is a trick question by the way.
    The bolded is arguably the most important sentence in my whole post as it provides the context for interpreting what I said. I don't know why you chose to exclude it, unless you just didn't get that far.

Next time, I'll just state it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I wonder whether you are saying that to defend yourself, or whether you're really dense enough to think that this is an objective interpretation of the situation.

The question asked which would you rather be your dom function, not which functions you respect or appreciate in any way. What if ENTJs enjoy their Ni and would like it to be more developed? What do you make of the fact that the majority of INTPs also chose their aux function Ne?? Are they also incapable of appreciating anything other than what they use? Is it not at all possible that a person can appreciate Ni as a function without being a user of it?
    Of course it's not objective. It's simply one of many possible ways to interpret the fact that no ENTJs had selected Ti or Ne as a function they'd like to try on. Just as you provide additional possibilities for other points of data in the poll. I thought it was funny that a type branded by others as hardheaded didn't stray from their existing functions, and recalled how AJblaise would frequently call ENTJs the SJs of the NTs. Thus, I found the connection amusing and made the joke.

The point of my post, was that any reason Z gave for why it was blatantly incorrect would be the result of a judging process, not Ni. Ni can't decide. No perceiving function can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The point of my post, was that any reason Z gave for why it was blatantly incorrect would be the result of a judging process, not Ni. Ni can't decide. No perceiving function can.
    This is a very good point, and one that took me a while to realize.

Ni is just an open book for the other functions to read from. Sort of. That's probably not a very concise way of putting it.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    This is a very good point, and one that took me a while to realize.

Ni is just an open book for the other functions to read from. Sort of. That's probably not a very concise way of putting it.
    Ni, to me, is attractive and almost scary for the same reason: it is aware of the infinity of existence and being of any one thing. That's an awful lot for a judging process to deal with.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ni, to me, is attractive and almost scary for the same reason: it is aware of the infinity of existence and being of any one thing. That's an awful lot for a judging process to deal with.
    *scratches head*

I thought understanding the infinite perspective of/to like was seen and caught by the Net.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    *scratches head*

I thought understanding the infinite perspective of/to like was seen and caught by the Net.
    Imagine, if you will, a sphere looking out in all directions. To my understanding, that is somewhat how Ne works, moving from origin and examining all around.

Well, take the same sphere, and focus from the surface inward towards the core. That is Ni, attempting to see a single point from all possible sides.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

I love my Ne too much... So If it CAN'T be my Dominant, Then It shall be my Auxillary...
    Ti!

---
    As much as I respect Te, I'm pretty sure Te and Ne would have domestic issues as dom and aux funtions...

... but they do feed you in the sanitorium... I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Um i was just wandering while reading this thread, but depending on which dominant function you changed wouldn't you have to change one of either the first or last letters too, if you essential wanted to be the same person but with different drives to life.

And I'm not even sure if that makes sense but something like what i just described is just on the edge of my reasoning because of this threads question.
    Let The Revolution Begin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I thought it was funny that a type branded by others as hardheaded didn't stray from their existing functions, and recalled how AJblaise would frequently call ENTJs the SJs of the NTs.
    Damn straight they are.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    -

Default Would prefer Ti

My Ti is well-developed, but I would prefer it to be just as strong as Te.

Imagine all the Thinking havoc a person could cause
    ENTJ

Te > Ni > Ti > Se = Si > Fe > Ne > Fi