User Tag List

View Poll Results: As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: Ne

10 12.99%
  • INTJ: Ti

3 3.90%
  • INTJ: Te

4 5.19%
  • ENTP: Ni

11 14.29%
  • ENTP: Ti

7 9.09%
  • ENTP: Te

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ni

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ti

2 2.60%
  • ENTJ: Ne

4 5.19%
  • INTP: Ni

9 11.69%
  • INTP: Te

6 7.79%
  • INTP: Ne

11 14.29%
First 56789 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default NTs...

Ti doms are gentle, (not on the interwebs, tho), and they, when relatively healthy, generate and resonate a melancholic hue/tone that is somewhat attractive, and irresistible. I especially like the especially introverted ones who are soft-hearted scientists or science enthusiasts. They should be hypnotherapists, I could fall asleep to an INTP lecture any night.

Ne doms are receptive perceptive processing pitbulls, they're tenacious, and enthusiastically intense. I think they all need to have their hearts seriously broken at least once, in order to develop into themselves.

Te doms are :horor:, but I don't think I know any ENTJs in real life, something tells me if I were to meet one I'd be fascinated and hooked, or instantly repelled, hmm, either way, I think I'd find him or her to be an interesting specimen, especially if it was a female.

Ni doms are odd creatures, indeed, the brooding outcasts obsessed with society. If I could I would collect the young ones in a terrarium, and see what would unfold; cannibalism, civil war?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    what does it taste like? the apple from the garden of eden?
    i doubt Ni is that awesome, its just another form of Ne.
    I mean how hard is it to think of abstract shit that no one can understand?
    You're obviously missing the point of N....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    i doubt Ni is that awesome
    I don't blame you, Ni is too awesome for you to truly understand.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What do you make of the fact ENTJs don't want any function besides the ones they already have? You're the one with the Ni. How is it that my one interpretation of the data, that ENTJs do not see the appeal of functions that they don't use because they are uninterested in an alternative method of worldview, is incorrect?
    I wonder whether you are saying that to defend yourself, or whether you're really dense enough to think that this is an objective interpretation of the situation.

The question asked which would you rather be your dom function, not which functions you respect or appreciate in any way. What if ENTJs enjoy their Ni and would like it to be more developed? What do you make of the fact that the majority of INTPs also chose their aux function Ne?? Are they also incapable of appreciating anything other than what they use? Is it not at all possible that a person can appreciate Ni as a function without being a user of it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I guess I would have to choose Ne. If I were to choose my prefered functions in NT order I'd want it, Ni,Ne,Te,Ti

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I guess I would have to choose Ne. If I were to choose my prefered functions in NT order I'd want it, Ni,Ne,Te,Ti
    Same here; as Sim already conjectured.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I only picked Ni because I already typically lead with Ne in how I deal with the world.
    (Three top functions are Ti, Ne, and Ni.)

If I had wanted to be practical, though, I should have picked Te; it's the approach I actually need to learn the most, but I don't much like it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I think the most interesting observation is that the T users are tending to go with their auxiliary N, but the N users are tending to go with the N of opposite attitude.

Seems like there's just something about N...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I only picked Ni because I already typically lead with Ne in how I deal with the world.
    (Three top functions are Ti, Ne, and Ni.)

If I had wanted to be practical, though, I should have picked Te; it's the approach I actually need to learn the most, but I don't much like it.
    That's why I chose Te. In my work, it's great if you can come up with cool ideas, but if they are stuck in your head and you don't do well communicating your thoughts to others or collaborating... well, it's not good.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Or maybe Ni is really that amazing, and you just have no idea.

Not judging by the Ni doms I know personally... I'd say it's as good a fucntion as any other on that basis.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.