• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, if you had to pick...

As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

• Total voters

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Looks like the INT's are jealous of ENTPs, while the ENT's are jealous of the INTJs! Weeeeird!!!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Looks like the INT's are jealous of ENTPs, while the ENT's are jealous of the INTJs! Weeeeird!!!

Yup.

Well, sort of.

Remember: this poll asks what NTs would choose if they had to switch - not whether they'd want to switch or not in the first place.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Looks like the test is remaining in line with mine and Z's earlier observations.

~50% of the INTJs choose Ne as a secondary preference
~50% of the ENTPs choose Ni as a secondary preference
~50% of the ENTJs choose Ni as a secondary preference
~50% of the INTPs choose Ne as a secondary preference

We always just want more N! The ENTJs and INTPs want more of their auxiliary Ni and Ne (as though the auxiliary isn't enough for them), while the ENTPs and INTJs want to experience a whole new N altogether (as though their dominant N isn't enough).

(Of course "want" is a loose term here. This is if voters had to pick another dominant function. The poll doesn't examine whether they prefer this function over their current dominant one.)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ni.
Te is really not a function I would want more of and I already have enough Ne.
Then the whole I don't understand what Ni is also makes me want to try it out.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think we ENTPs like to tell ourselves that we have a good handle on Ni, but then we meet INxJs and remind ourselves that this kind of speculation is just wishful thinking backed by the usual Ne bullshit. :(

This is funny becuase I have exactly the same relationship with ENxP and Ne.

As for the thread, I am quite happy with my Ni. But if I wanted too boost one NT function that would probably be Ne. Since I could use a little bit more of creative chaos.