User Tag List

View Poll Results: As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ: Ne

10 12.99%
  • INTJ: Ti

3 3.90%
  • INTJ: Te

4 5.19%
  • ENTP: Ni

11 14.29%
  • ENTP: Ti

7 9.09%
  • ENTP: Te

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ni

5 6.49%
  • ENTJ: Ti

2 2.60%
  • ENTJ: Ne

4 5.19%
  • INTP: Ni

9 11.69%
  • INTP: Te

6 7.79%
  • INTP: Ne

11 14.29%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Is it just me, or are we all picking our current auxiliary?
    To me, having Ti as dominant means... I still get a fairly good Ne I don't want to demote my Ne to fifth (INTJ) or even sixth (ENTJ) place.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Te obviously. Wouldn't really want Ni though.

I guess I prioritize right now making myself understood, which I have real trouble with. Neither Ni, Ti nor Ne seem great for that. :S
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Great. I dismiss your attempt to nullify any and all comparisons of cognitive ability between different people just to support your overconfident assessment of your Ni abilities, as both rationally irrelevant and really grasping at straws.
    Dismissing it is not proof. Prove it. Prove how you can show comparisons in strength of functions, between people.

Sure you can, because you can associate certain cognitive strengths with certain abilities in related tasks.
    Uh huh....like this? V

If a sociopathic serial killer explains that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong because morality doesn't exist and the only thing that matters is his own self-gratification, we can probably infer that his Fi isn't so hot.
    Brilliantly ridiculous! You have equated, in a person with a mental disorder, no less, a belief in morality with Fi, and, self-gratification, not with Fi.

Any more stellar examples?

Are there extraordinarily brilliant ENTPs with a better handle on Ni than the average INTJ? Probably. Is it at all likely that you're one of them? Probably not.
    You're bullshitting again, like the rest of your post that I mostly ignored.

Bottom line, if you want to deny the possibility of comparing relative cognitive strengths between individuals just so you can bend over backwards inventing your own subjective,
    I deny the possibility of comparing relative cognitive function strengths (as isolated variables) between people because it is logically not possible to do so. It is however possible, and logical, to compare functions strength within an individual. < - take a few moments for that to sink in, I dunno, use your Ti

So, I assign subjectivity, from the beginning, even before you entered this discussion, even before it became an actual discussion, way before any attempt you think you made at "backing me into a corner", to that whose properties are subjective.

But, if thinking all that makes you feel more confident that you're actually not grasping at straws, and not bullshitting out of your ass, with me, go ahead.

I've said all I need to say on this topic, the holes in your argument are evident, and you haven't given anything substantial to explain that, and bottom line, it can't be rationalized, as it's logically not sound.

You go on the offense, trying to rile the other one up, in hopes they'll slip up (?), and give you an angle of attack, when you can't soundly back up your shit, I've noticed.

So, I'm left with the same old goading, hot air, and irrelevant rationalizations from you by willfully misinterpreting my response to fit your angle of "If I turn what she means, slightly, in this way, make my interpretation take on that angle, I can attack it thata way". Yeah, no. So, rest of your post ignored. Try it on others, but, I can school your ass in that game if you wanna play that shit with me (now, this is what I call arrogance).

Oh, also, you learned well from zarc, how to assign random behaviors to, MUST be X function, little ESFP.

So, I'm done playing hot-air balloon with ya.

Ti> everything.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Ti> everything.
    Apparently most people don't think so...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Or at least not most NTs...

MBTI
    ENTP

i always feel think i'm missing something without Ni.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 1104 View Post
    i always feel think i'm missing something without Ni.
    Probably because the descriptions of Ni on MBTI sites* are so pretentious.

* "folk typology" sites as certain posters would call them
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would never trade Ni willingly. That being said however, in the spirit of the hypothetical, I would choose Ne, mostly out of curiosity. I've always admired the innovative approach that some ENTPs are famed for.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

These results are interesting so far. The sampling pool is pretty slim, but I'm noticing a discernible pattern emerging from the depths.

Among the thinking dominant types (ENTJ and INTP), more seem to place preference on having their auxiliary N function as their dominant.

Among the intuitive dominant types (ENTP and INTJ), more seem to place preference on having the opposite intuitive function as their dominant.

I <3 this poll. We need more NTs to answer!!