User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

why? how? what if? and why? how? maybe possibly? etc etc

if i dont have enough info i start with alot of what if's(and end up having multiple possible truths) and start to eliminate least possible ones using how and why. if i still cant find the answer i start thinking those possible truths more deeply. if you give me example i might be able to explain it better.

one example came to my mind that my mom asked me few days ago. she told that she has about 10 meter long hallway that she needs to clean the floor from, mop reaches only half of the floor, so she needs to clean the other side first by walking to end of the hallway and then other side when coming back. she asked what side dries faster, the one that she cleans first or the second one. i didnt have to give this alot of thought since naturally the one she cleans later dries faster, because mop is more wet on the side that she starts from -> more water on the floor -> it takes longer to dry. pretty poor example because its so easy, but maybe you can see little bit of my thought process there

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    there's a piece missing here

does this fit? no, but the answer is probably related...

does this fit? no, but I feel I'm on the right track...

what if I moved this piece over here...hmm, not a very elegant solution...

what if I switch these two p- no, that's just stupid...

does this fit? no...

does this fit? kind of!

does it fit with this? no...

wait!

IT FITSSSSSSSSS

there's a piece missing here...
    Pretty much like this. Finding the answer through finding relations and probabilities. But it never really ends.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

My logic process is pretty transparent, to the point I don't consciously recognize it ocuring most of the time, making it very hard to prove the "I think therefore I am" statement... maybe I don't exist O.o

Actually, I once talked with someone (was actually at a phonecall at work, was odd yet awesome XD ) and they described my thought process as 'shiny thinking'... the idea being yeu go "Oh yeah and then... OOH SHINY!" and yeur mind leaps to the next topic.

I have about 6 layers or so of thought going on at any one time, most independent of the others with no real connection, but there will occasionally be connections seen and link togeather completely random stuff... but any time yeu see one thing that looks vaguely interesting, yeu have to follow it... it's like trying to navigate Wikipedia... by following the first link of any topic yeu find remotely interesting. Except make every single word in the wiki page blue, not just alot of them.

Yeah... it's kinda crazy. My mind bounces aaaaaaall over the place. It makes perfect sense... to me.

I see nothing wrong with elephant > cannon > magic > spaceship, because I'm fitting alot of inbetweens in there that most people aren't seeing, but I can't speak as fast as I come up with this stuff... sooo yeu don't see elephant > mammal > chicken > chicken cannon > laser cannon > death star > star wars> scifi/fantasy mix > force > magic > sci fi again > 2001 a space oddessy > monolith > throwing the bone into the air and turning into a spaceship scene...

Yeah it makes perfect sense to me but I'm not going to mention half of that stuff XD

My logic is quite similar... it bounces around and makes connections in weird places.

All intelligence really is, is pattern recognition. The smarter yeu are, the more easily yeu recognize patterns. Including ones which don't exist. Which's why really smart people can seem crazy ^.^

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont think its ever possible to think without feeling but what I encountered in the logic of more people-centred beings is that they can isolate situations and then overinterprete them.

For example: Me and my girl said we will do sports again when the cold winter is over and the spring comes. We contracted that in Januar.

Then she has a bad day at work, cause other people dragged her down and she empathizes much with the new situation and even starts to forget about the foundation of our plans. As in she goes on complaining about her situation and then drags into her complaints all things that come to mind, she is not doing at the moment but wants to: i.e. she wants to do sports.

With calm reason then you can calm her down by saying that we are already planning to do sports and that the time has just come with spring dawning.

That's just one example out of 100. It's like a loop sometimes, she gets caught in a feeling and then she spirals upward.

It's a thing that happens to me to, therefore I understand, I kill it with excessive alcohol consumption but yeah... could need a strong thinker to rely on myself sometimes
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

for me its a basis of constantly having to remind myself: "wait. does that ACTUALLY follow with ABSOLUTE necessity?"

If I dont keep reminding myself of that, I tend to apply what I think seems most appropriate. Like with math, I will convince myself that, "ya moving this there, that looks like it could work well enough..." and then of course it doesnt follow ABSOLUTE necessity logic of math! That's why I need to practice a type of problem over and over to do well in math classes, because then its just a procedure that I'm following, rather than actual mathematical thinking .

If im trying to think through logic in an essay or a test question I'm a lot better at it. For some reason it trips me up a lot less than straight math. I'm much more likely to write an answer that just unpacks itself from first principles. That's actually my favorite feeling after an essay/test: knowing that its right because the answers practically wrote themselves based on first principles I know the prof agrees with...

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

pretty much how VagrantFarce described it. i gather information, search for patterns and put stuff together like pieces of a puzzle and try to do it in a way that makes most sense to me.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

There's no real process. At one moment, things are at rest. Then all of a sudden, a bit of information flies in, and then BOOM - trails of conclusions manifest themselves.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    My logic process is pretty transparent, to the point I don't consciously recognize it ocuring most of the time, making it very hard to prove the "I think therefore I am" statement... maybe I don't exist O.o

Actually, I once talked with someone (was actually at a phonecall at work, was odd yet awesome XD ) and they described my thought process as 'shiny thinking'... the idea being yeu go "Oh yeah and then... OOH SHINY!" and yeur mind leaps to the next topic.

I have about 6 layers or so of thought going on at any one time, most independent of the others with no real connection, but there will occasionally be connections seen and link togeather completely random stuff... but any time yeu see one thing that looks vaguely interesting, yeu have to follow it... it's like trying to navigate Wikipedia... by following the first link of any topic yeu find remotely interesting. Except make every single word in the wiki page blue, not just alot of them.

Yeah... it's kinda crazy. My mind bounces aaaaaaall over the place. It makes perfect sense... to me.

I see nothing wrong with elephant > cannon > magic > spaceship, because I'm fitting alot of inbetweens in there that most people aren't seeing, but I can't speak as fast as I come up with this stuff... sooo yeu don't see elephant > mammal > chicken > chicken cannon > laser cannon > death star > star wars> scifi/fantasy mix > force > magic > sci fi again > 2001 a space oddessy > monolith > throwing the bone into the air and turning into a spaceship scene...

Yeah it makes perfect sense to me but I'm not going to mention half of that stuff XD

My logic is quite similar... it bounces around and makes connections in weird places.

All intelligence really is, is pattern recognition. The smarter yeu are, the more easily yeu recognize patterns. Including ones which don't exist. Which's why really smart people can seem crazy ^.^
    Sounds like a "bing" search engine commercial.

Logic to me is a way of life. It involves making perceptive insights and effective decisions. Logic is a usefully reliable way to navigate the chaos of both our inner and outer worlds in a thorough and efficient manner. It's a consistent and reliable system that rarely fails me- and whenever it seems like it might, hindsight often proves that it was simply applied ineffectively or incorrectly.

Logic plays a large role in maximizing personal utility- whenever faced with any sort of decision, my instinct is to think "what's the logical thing to do here?" I think about short-term and long-term costs and benefits, I think about what I know, what I know I don't, and what I might not expect. I consider alternatives, I think forward and backward a couple of steps- I have a subconscious arsenal of queries and concerns which must be addressed in order to proceed with assurance and understanding.

Logic is the foundation which I build almost everything else upon, and it allows me to reach higher and further than I would otherwise be able to.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

There seems to be no universal constant when it comes to logic. Everyone can twist any arguement to support any logical claim.

So to me, thinking means to see the same idea at a different perspective and compiling the constant to form a foundation for said idea. This way, I know the accuracy of the idea is as close to perfect and any bias (except my bias) towards the idea will hopefully get filtered in the process. So in my opinion, understanding the concept or foundation of an idea is more important than memorizing facts. So I guess i'm not a logical thinker....doh.