User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: ENTPs: WHY?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

My first reaction is "Why not?" Did someone else already post that btw?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Resentful? Sometimes. Comforting. Sometimes. Mostly fearful that I will make a mistake. Letting myself believe something good and then it not happening, which is what I basically anticipate in nearly every situation.
    This is common enough. Many make themselves feel better by expecting the worst, so that if it happens they are prepared, and if it doesn't they are pleasantly surprised. I used to do that. Not any more though.

It is ironic, though, because I often go about creating mayhem between people so that I have a known bad outcome rather than an unknowable outcome.
    Because control is comfortable whether good or bad?

One thing I've been working on lately is to just be positive. Or, at least not gloom and doom negative. I always expect the sky to fall. Most often I am wrong. I ramp myself up for battle for nothing. So, before any event where I am feeling anxious I really try to remember that there is no reason why it should not go well.
    I like this. I think of myself as a realistic idealist. I think it best to be logical, but sometimes the realistic outcome is the good outcome. I'm sure you know this, I'm only saying that's how I am. Please don't take offense.

I am bad at seeing how other people feel. I am mistrustful.
    I am good at seeing how others feel. I am mistrustful. Everyone has something they need to improve on.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    My first reaction is "Why not?" Did someone else already post that btw?
    You could just read the first few pages.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Nah ... I think the "Why not?" sums it all up nicely for me anyways ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    This is common enough. Many make themselves feel better by expecting the worst, so that if it happens they are prepared, and if it doesn't they are pleasantly surprised. I used to do that. Not any more though.
    Yeah. I just can't stand the agony of not knowing. This is why I sometimes express skepticism about knowledge. I hate my need to know. It is definitely related to control. By knowing, I try to anticipate. I think we often find security in our "knowledge". But, knowledge is bullshit.

It's why I used to have a huge problem with death. It is the ultimate unknown. And the ultimate lack of control.

Because control is comfortable whether good or bad?
    Yea, in a way. It is like a security blanket. Security blankets make a child feel more secure, but, really, it's also just a blanket. Control is like that. It makes you feel better, but it's also a meaningless ragged piece of cloth that you clutch onto.

I guess early on as a child (this is very enneagram 7 it turns out) I decided I had better look after my own needs. Part of this is protecting one's self is trying to find your way out of problems. Or, developing really odd ways to provide security for yourself and to stave off anxiety.

I like this. I think of myself as a realistic idealist. I think it best to be logical, but sometimes the realistic outcome is the good outcome. I'm sure you know this, I'm only saying that's how I am. Please don't take offense.
    Right. Also, as far as it goes with other people. Most people prefer to be liked and to like. So, why should I go out of my way to expect the opposite?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

:workout:
    My advice: Stay away from it, as far as you can. It's a boost to your deepest fears about urself and a shared insight into the world, like you always had, but never shared.

Try it out, but die alone at all costs. An entp must die alone, there is no other tragic ending nor hope to insanity
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    My advice: Stay away from it, as far as you can. It's a boost to your deepest fears about urself and a shared insight into the world, like you always had, but never shared.

Try it out, but die alone at all costs. An entp must die alone, there is no other tragic ending nor hope to insanity
    Are you talking about INFJ's?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dont know, I havent met an infj yet like mine. Just be careful
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Yeah. I just can't stand the agony of not knowing. This is why I sometimes express skepticism about knowledge. I hate my need to know. It is definitely related to control. By knowing, I try to anticipate. I think we often find security in our "knowledge". But, knowledge is bullshit.
    I think people find security in anything they can. I don't understand how you can hate a need to know. It seems to be that wanting to delve into something deeply is a good thing. Knowledge can be bullshit, because it can always be negated by new ideas, but overall, it is what we as humans have. I don't feel we are on the same page, if this isn't going on too long, will you explain? If not, no worries.

Yea, in a way. It is like a security blanket. Security blankets make a child feel more secure, but, really, it's also just a blanket. Control is like that. It makes you feel better, but it's also a meaningless ragged piece of cloth that you clutch onto.
    Having to have too much control can ruin a person. In many ways. Many times it just creates a storm of negative emotions.

I guess early on as a child (this is very enneagram 7 it turns out) I decided I had better look after my own needs. Part of this is protecting one's self is trying to find your way out of problems. Or, developing really odd ways to provide security for yourself and to stave off anxiety.
    Many children decide this, or rather, have this forced upon them. If it is forced, then the child will develop ways to make themselves secure and safe. I don't think that can really be blamed. It is when we grow and become adults that we need to look at all of our past issues and work through them. Life is all about learning. It never stops.

Right. Also, as far as it goes with other people. Most people prefer to be liked and to like. So, why should I go out of my way to expect the opposite?
    Exactly!
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont know, I havent met an infj yet like mine. Just be careful
    Ah, okay. Hmmm...