User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: ENTPs: WHY?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Meaning, being alone amongst a crowd of people?
    Yeah. I feel conflicted about my extraversion. I hate being alone, but I also hate the alienated feeling I get around other people, which is why I act like such a dickhole. I am essentially uncomfortable and self-conscious. It leaves me feeling very existential such that I am rarely "present" in the moment. Simply delivering what people might want outwardly while I try to stave off anxiety and self-consciousness.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yeah. I feel conflicted about my extraversion. I hate being alone, but I also hate the alienated feeling I get around other people, which is why I act like such a dickhole. I am essentially uncomfortable and self-conscious. It leaves me feeling very existential such that I am rarely "present" in the moment. Simply delivering what people might want outwardly while I try to stave off anxiety and self-consciousness.
    What does it take to not feel alone? As long as you can retain a certain closeness with some people, you are still ahead, yes?

That description sounds like an old friend of mine. I hope he is happy, wherever he is.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Ew, ENTPs. They're kinda weird.
    that's why i <3 them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What does it take to not feel alone? As long as you can retain a certain closeness with some people, you are still ahead, yes?

That description sounds like an old friend of mine. I hope he is happy, wherever he is.
    A real INFJ would now that he's alone, except he lives in INFJ lala land
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

It makes it to where I depend on the few people I feel comfortable with. This is also fraught with problems, though, because I hate feeling dependent.

I think another problem is that I only tend to believe what is in front of me and I have a hard time remembering what people have expressed before. I am very conscious of the fluid aspect of life. Flux.

So, it seems to other people like I never believe them or need reassurance of things that should be understood. But it's really because I am so much in the moment and in the future, that I forget to remember. I am bad at seeing how things actually are. You know?

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A real INFJ would now that he's alone, except he lives in INFJ lala land
    I'm sorry I cannot compete with the real ones. *looks around for "INFJ" lessons*

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pay attention to synarch, he doesnt have infj backup YET, as I have
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It makes it to where I depend on the few people I feel comfortable with. This is also fraught with problems, though, because I hate feeling dependent.
    Obviously if this is too personal, disregard it, but I'm curious...

So does this not wanting to be dependent make you slightly resentful of the few people you do depend on? Or is it comforting, or perhaps both?

I think another problem is that I only tend to believe what is in front of me and I have a hard time remembering what people have expressed before. I am very conscious of the fluid aspect of life. Flux.
    I have heard and experienced this with friends of mine. I actually think it's an interesting trait, since I'm not like that. I do see and even feel at times that it can come across as neglectful, even though it is not at all. I usually just have to remember that is how it is, and not to take it personally.

So, it seems to other people like I never believe them or need reassurance of things that should be understood. But it's really because I am so much in the moment and in the future, that I forget to remember. I am bad at seeing how things actually are. You know?
    What are you bad at seeing? You mean yourself, or others? Both, possibly? Is it even about people, or situations and things in general?

MBTI
    ENTP

So does this not wanting to be dependent make you slightly resentful of the few people you do depend on? Or is it comforting, or perhaps both?
    Resentful? Sometimes. Comforted. Sometimes. Mostly fearful that I will make a mistake. Letting myself believe something good and then it not happening, which is what I basically anticipate in nearly every situation. It is ironic, though, because I often go about creating mayhem between people so that I have a known bad outcome rather than an unknowable outcome. One thing I've been working on lately is to just be positive. Or, at least not gloom and doom negative. I always expect the sky to fall. Most often I am wrong. I ramp myself up for battle for nothing. So, before any event where I am feeling anxious I really try to remember that there is no reason why it should not go well. (Incidentally, this is probably why I seem to thrive on a certain amount of conflict)

What are you bad at seeing? You mean yourself, or others? Both, possibly? Is it even about people, or situations and things in general?
    I am bad at seeing how other people feel. I am mistrustful.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Pay attention to synarch, he doesnt have infj backup YET, as I have
    :workout: