User Tag List

First 2101112

Thread: ENTPs: WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    But does that make Wyst and Neptune Set's observation any less valid? I think for them that wouldn't change their assessment, merely fortify it - i.e. you can't rely on a "person with a million friend's whose personal investment I can't gauge nor whose loyalty I can rely on"

I think it's a common charge from introverts to extraverts that extraverts seem to have too much on their plate to focus on their particular friendship/relationship. In particular that ENXPs are 'flaky' or hard to gauge 'true' interest.
    But see, there is an assumption in that assessment- which is that an ENTP has millions of friends. If you asked me how many friends I have, I'm not going to say "oh, millions", I'm going to say "about ten." That makes a big difference. I would take a bullet for those people, and I am extremely loyal to them.

If you can't gauge my personal investment or rely on my loyalty, it means that you haven't earned enough of my respect and trust and/or shared enough experiences with me. We aren't quite friends yet. It has nothing to do with how widely I socialize. I can assure you that I always make time for the people who deserve it.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    But see, there is an assumption in that assessment- which is that an ENTP has millions of friends. If you asked me how many friends I have, I'm not going to say "oh, millions", I'm going to say "about ten." That makes a big difference. I would take a bullet for those people, and I am extremely loyal to them.

If you can't gauge my personal investment or rely on my loyalty, it means that you haven't earned enough of my respect and trust and/or shared enough experiences with me. We aren't quite friends yet. It has nothing to do with how widely I socialize. I can assure you that I always make time for the people who deserve it.
    That said, I do call a lot of people my friend. And I reckon they actually are, I'd sure as hell be there as a friend for every one of those millions of people. The difference lies in who I would call if I needed a friend.
    (removed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    That said, I do call a lot of people my friend. And I reckon they actually are, I'd sure as hell be there as a friend for every one of those millions of people. The difference lies in who I would call if I needed a friend.
    how do you determine who YOU would call? what is the criteria?

And yeah, most all the younger entps I know have tons of friends in like a big loose network and then a few very close friends. It's just how they are.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    how do you determine who YOU would call? what is the criteria?

And yeah, most all the younger entps I know have tons of friends in like a big loose network and then a few very close friends. It's just how they are.
    well duh...its not like my arm is hanging on by a single nerve and thats when i start making the pro and con list...i like him, i hate her; shes a bitch, her i can handle

ill call whoever comes to the head first...we dont make an effort to get close usually, we jsut somehow end up being close

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    well duh...its not like my arm is hanging on by a single nerve and thats when i start making the pro and con list...i like him, i hate her; shes a bitch, her i can handle

ill call whoever comes to the head first...we dont make an effort to get close usually, we jsut somehow end up being close
    +1, it is an emotional and convenience thing rather then a thought through decision.
    (removed)