• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Underestimation after caging yourself into the NT box.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Can anyone relate to underestimating yourself, and everything that being NT comes with after determining your type?

The "situations" Ne tends to get me into is what made me doubt myself as a intuitive type, and what it means.

I'm a minority, so I was already pretty isolated. Being an intuitive minority is an additional isolation.

Did I go temporarily mental? Or was additional self-reflecting in its place?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Uhh...no. Typology just gave me new terminology to express what was always there. I was always like this, unfortunately.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
You diden't doubt what you were reading about yourself at all? You just swallowed it down like that?

I mean, right now it feels like I relate to the whole "Paranoid Android" thingy more then you do.

Jaguar

Underestimating yourself? Type has nothing to do with ability or skill.
One NT could be a creative innovator who achieves his wildest dreams,
while another NT could be on welfare, drunk, sleeping on his sofa all day long.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One NT could be a creative innovator who achieves his wildest dreams, while another NT could be on welfare, drunk, sleeping on his sofa all day long.

What scared me was the various members' names that immediately rose to mind when I read the last part of this sentence. :doh:

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
You diden't doubt what you were reading about yourself at all? You just swallowed it down like that?

I mean, right now it feels like I relate to the whole "Paranoid Android" thingy more then you do.

I held both descriptions up against one another (MBTI's vs. my own self-observations) and ran comparisons. I thought that's what was intended. In my case, they were surprisingly similar, though there are some differences.

I don't think any typology descriptions tell you what you are. They only ask the question "Are you like this?" It's up to you how or even if you will answer.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think underestimating yourself is an NT trait, but it could be an INT trait. I frequently get in trouble for overestimating myself.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
dont shoebox yourself. come to see the possibilities of throught the theories. for the caveats associated with your type, look at how to overcome them. look at how people around you overcome their weaknesses everyday.

underneath the type, everyone has a free will, use it

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Underestimating yourself? Type has nothing to do with ability or skill.
One NT could be a creative innovator who achieves his wildest dreams,
while another NT could be on welfare, drunk, sleeping on his sofa all day long.

You missed the point entirely, and yet you managed to hijack my thread..

Is it your reputation against mine? Or is my OP that vague?

Nontheless you brought up an interesting point.

So, according to your above statement, does this ring true for SJ's aswell?

How many SJ's are on welfare, drunk and sleeping on his/her sofa all day?

What scared me was the various members' names that immediately rose to mind when I read the last part of this sentence. :doh:

You have alittle more then 18 thousand posts, which category are you in?

No offence intended.

+1.

So many people here don't get this.

You two also missed the point, but not by far..

I thought it was wierd that aspects of me could be read about on a website, guess I got paranoid, I mean people abuse this kinda knowledge..

dont shoebox yourself. come to see the possibilities of throught the theories. for the caveats associated with your type, look at how to overcome them. look at how people around you overcome their weaknesses everyday.

underneath the type, everyone has a free will, use it

Thanks for the reply, I suppose I was trying to work against the shoeboxing in a unhealthy way.

I.E
I neglected many of my natural behaviours after reading about them on the net..
Was hard to adjust to this theory before, still is if you try to

I don't think underestimating yourself is an NT trait, but it could be an INT trait. I frequently get in trouble for overestimating myself.

Hmm, thinking that ones own overestimation is overestimation is underestimation...

Bla bla, this thread isnt going where it was entended to..:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

gromit

likes this
Can you start over or try to say it again but in a different way?

Jaguar

You missed the point entirely, and yet you managed to hijack my thread..

I don't know what you're smoking pal, but there was no intent to hijack a thread. Are you always this paranoid?

Or is my OP that vague?

Apparently so. Try asking a direct question in the future.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
I don't know what you're smoking pal, but there was no intent to hijack a thread. Are you always this paranoid?

Apparently so. Try asking a direct question in the future.

Classic Jag, Classic.

Reread my post, I just told you that you misinterpreted my OP and stated something totally irrelevant as a result. So, obviously hijacking was not intended, but it still happend

Can you start over or try to say it again but in a different way?

When I made this post I had a question in my head that I couldn't relate to anything else, which means I don't sit on any synoyms for the issue per se at the moment.

If I did, I wouldn't have to ask, but thanks for your time and the reply!

I was hoping for input on a very poorly formed question, and the results I got were kind of expected... But sometimes unexpected things happend, in this case it diden't

Last edited by a moderator:

gromit

likes this
Can anyone relate to underestimating yourself, and everything that being NT comes with after determining your type?

The "situations" Ne tends to get me into is what made me doubt myself as a intuitive type, and what it means.

I'm a minority, so I was already pretty isolated. Being an intuitive minority is an additional isolation.

Did I go temporarily mental? Or was additional self-reflecting in its place?

Are you just saying you freaked out a little bit when you found your type and read the description of it and are wondering if that is a common experience? When you say doubting or underestimating yourself, do you mean doubting that you were correctly typed or doubting your ability to do things?

When you say minority, do you mean ethnic or cultural minority, or do you mean primarily in terms of personality?

I'm honestly just trying to understand...:frown:

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
Are you just saying you freaked out a little bit when you found your type and read the description of it and are wondering if that is a common experience? When you say doubting or underestimating yourself, do you mean doubting that you were correctly typed or doubting your ability to do things?

When you say minority, do you mean ethnic or cultural minority, or do you mean primarily in terms of personality?

I'm honestly just trying to understand...:frown:

And you are doing a better job then the rest of us, incl. myself. Underestimation was to much of a strong term, it encapsulated the whole topic, when it was barely relevant.

I need to work on my formulating, I have never been good at giving the clarity I can see myself.

Thanks for your time, but this thread has unfortunately gone past expiration date.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
wow, fusetah, you need to grow some balls and stop being such a little bitch.

people on here are trying to respond to your *poorly formed* question, and you're acting as if they've wronged you in some way.

grow up.

fusetah

MBTI Type
CAGE
wow, fusetah, you need to grow some balls and stop being such a little bitch.

people on here are trying to respond to your *poorly formed* question, and you're acting as if they've wronged you in some way.

grow up.

Called for. :yes:

Now, im bowing out and formulating next question in a more effecient way

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
well, i, for one, look forward to this daring new version.