User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    SEXY

nikenikenike, my advice is to listen to the devil on your right shoulder sometimes. He may not be the best decision maker, but he's hella fun.

That said, you should use your strong suits to make the changes you want. For you, as an INTP, it will probably be your analytical skills. It's useless to tell yourself to just 'go out and have fun'. Instead you should tell yourself: 'Learn to go out and develop social skills', or something alike. A logical next step would seem to spend some time with your roommates, pick their brains, ask them to take you out or introduce you to people.

By the way, nikenikenike means victoryvictoryvictory in ancient greek. Go for it!
    Last edited by Shimmy; 03-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

"For you, as an INTP, it will probably be your analytical skills. It's useless to tell yourself to just 'go out and have fun'. Instead you should tell yourself: 'Learn to go out and develop social skills'.''

I really like how this was worded. Look at this situation as a chance to learn, not necessarily to let go. You do not have to let go, as letting go can usually lead to serious consequences that many cannot recover from. As an INTP, you enjoy learning and analyzing and perceiving. Use the personality that you supposedly loathe to your advantage, to see and experience the great places it can take you. You just might end up understanding yourself better, and come to like your type.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."