User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i don't know, Ne seems so capable of finding or locating context that seems invisible to others. as Ni, i supply it from the past, but if i don't have it, i don't have it. Ne seems so good at merging with whatever it is exploring and constructing all of the possibilities, potential movements, etc. it attaches either Fi or Ti judgments to new things so easily and effortlessly, it can find what it knows in the world around it (and extrapolate new connections very fast).

Ne explores so many possibilities that seem difficult to detect or discern for others. these possibilities are what create the reality of the situation or the self or the conflict for others, so to have them quickly mapped out and see where they can go, and then attach what one has learned via Ti or Fi skillfully, especially with the 7w6 kind of intelligence which specializes in anxiety, fear, unchecked headiness, etc, works to find people. bc it is immediately aware of the fears of others.
    This resonates with me. It's about looking at what is today and how that is likely to shape tomorrow. This moment, how it will likely shape the one coming up. The present is the past in the making, and the future is going to be the present before you know it.

I ruminate on a lot of "what ifs", but it's not what-ifs of the past, it's the ones coming up. I get very annoyed having a lot of "what-ifs" that's in the past (i.e., nothing can be done about it), which means, the present is about making sure to minimalize the "what-ifs" of the to-be-soon past, and the future to come is in part about being aware of its "what-ifs" to fulfill it to its optimal capacity, and to get excited, giddy about them. Will it turn out the way I'm anticipating it?

I truly think there's foresight, to a degree. It's not so much about controlling the future, but, seeing how I imagined it playing out (my prediction), doing so, given what I knew of the present, and how it has worked in the past. Cause/effect. Each moment, if aware, is capturing a domino piece falling, and you can likely predict the direction of fall it will set off, for the next piece coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    And I knew that as someone with a modicum of intelligence and talent, I could be a resource for other people. Also, in a way, I really trust myself to survive and be strong when the chips are down and that's when I really come to the fore to help others. I often don't lead until others are hopeless or pessimistic because ultimately I only want to help when others need it and I believe in having a good attitude. Attitude is 90% of any battle.

I don't know how much I have matured. I certainly feel fundamentally imperfect. But, I do know that the closer I get to making peace with myself, the closer I get to being calm and attentive to the world around me, the more I have resources for others.

To my mind, this is just part of developing as a whole person. You start out working on yourself, then eventually you put your shoulder to the wheel for everyone else. In my case, it has just taken a lot longer.
    The entp men I watch start this at about 25 but the ones that are 45-there is a devotion there for many of them. I was actually quite blind to what was going on until another entp explained it.

The bold-that seems to be how Fe leads-also highly optimistic.

Insightful. I can't speak for other Ne users, but I'm definitely more future oriented. I think looking over the ruins of the past is generally useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    This resonates with me. It's about looking at what is today and how that is likely to shape tomorrow. This moment, how it will likely shape the one coming up. The present is the past in the making, and the future is going to be the present before you know it.
    Yup. ENTPs seem more tied to the immediate physical moment that ENFPs, although the Ne in me is highly future focused.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    They feel very rejected when their ability to generate ideas is rejected outright-not the individual ideas-but an overall condemnation of that innate ability.
    I actually call this my childhood. This is an off-the-wall hypothesis in my case, but I had a lot of similarities to the INFJ personality type until only, say, six months ago, so I've often wondered: did my household push me into into the first "level" of shadow functions for ENTPs? (assuming shadow functions occur one-after-the-other) In other words, I'm wondering if the Ni came from stress.

Insightful. I can't speak for other Ne users, but I'm definitely more future oriented. I think looking over the ruins of the past is generally useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

I ruminate on a lot of "what ifs", but it's not what-ifs of the past, it's the ones coming up. I get very annoyed having a lot of "what-ifs" that's in the past (i.e., nothing can be done about it), which means, the present is about making sure to minimalize the "what-ifs" of the to-be-soon past, and the future to come is in part about being aware of its "what-ifs" to fulfill it to its optimal capacity, and to get excited, giddy about them. Will it turn out the way I'm anticipating it?
    Yes! This. I do this a lot. I've come across stressful situations recently, and I've caught myself wondering what would have happened if something were changed in the past. This, however, is a waste of time is it not? The past tense is the least changeable - I make sure to remind myself of this notion.

I truly think there's foresight, to a degree. It's not so much about controlling the future, but, seeing how I imagined it playing out (my prediction), doing so, given what I knew of the present, and how it has worked in the past. Cause/effect. Each moment, if aware, is capturing a domino piece falling, and you can likely predict the direction of fall it will set off, for the next piece coming up.
    Very well put.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3