• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Evil Genius and Evil Masterminds: ENTP or INTJ?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Whats the difference between the two? Both types has the capability to manipulate everyone to do the work for them and stay hidden in the background. Both types are often confused with each other . Both types can use other people as chesspieces to achieve their goal.

So whats the difference between NiTe manipulation and NeTi manipulation?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entps are confused for intjs ? That's new

That would be like to have the runs while talking about chocolate dessert.

And who resembles "the runs" and who "chocolate pudding" I leave open to your imagination.... *leaves the stage covered in shady fog from the nebula machine*

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Clearly INTJs are more suited for the role of the Matermind/Evil genius.

ENTPs would be good as the superspys that try to kill them...but not up to the point of taking over the job of leading an organization like SPECTRE (SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion).

I think it would be a closer race between ENTJs and INTJs

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs can seem quite introverted... they are not social beasts. Still, an ENTP can not keep silent about what interests him at the time. ENTP + secret plans and schemes? Doesn't fit. If the ENTP is working on something and interested in it, the whole world will know what it is. That's for the E.
Now for the P... Have you ever seen a Perceiver make a detailed scheme and stick to it? :thinking:

ENTP villains are the random ones. Let's destroy the Sun, that will give great fireworks!
INTJ villains are the plotting and scheming ones.

Windigo

I was watching The Incredibles the other night and wondered if Syndrome seemed like he could be an ENTP?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was watching The Incredibles the other night and wondered if Syndrome seemed like he could be an ENTP?

I agree...although not fully fleshed out he seems to be about is about the closest to an ENTP evil genius/mastermind character.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's like having the joker vs hannibal lecter.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
ENTps are great masters of tricks and deceits, often more than ESTps, and what's more they do it in a very skilful manner. ENTps are masters of arrangement and sharp psychoanalysts, able to foresee exactly how others can react to a situation. They can turn the whole world against you, if you are not careful. ENTps also have the unique ability to make a deal with their conscience. They can successfully justify almost any wrong doing, thus ensuring that they will sleep well at night.

I've never seen a real INTJ villain. Hannibal Lecter doesn't count, he was just traumatized...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
ENTP's don't have the attention span for long, complex schemes... sure they can MAKE ridiculously complex, masterminded schemes... but they wouldn't be able to pay attention long enough to actually DO anything with them.

The INTJ's or ENTJ's are more likely to have the belief that their way is the RIGHT way and enforce it upon everyone else as some kind of duty they believe they have. This makes it far more likely they'd actually carry out alot of the crap they would come up with.

ENTP's are moreso comic book character villians, or ones yeu'd see in a kids' movie: they come up with ridiculous plans that really don't make much sense to anyone but themselves.

The biggest thing that would separate an ENTP from a classic "lolfail" villain would be the desire for efficiency, and hatred for tradition and failed projects; they would always carry a copy of the evil overlord's handbook with them at all times, and probably make for a not very entertaining storyline, as they'd kill off the hero early, and wipe out anyone they knew, but do so in a way that made it look like the hero and their ilk were traitors so noone would try to avenge them. Then make a public holiday out of it so even if anyone knew different, popular support would be on their side.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
kindly speak for yourself.

the difference is that an entp would likely be less apt to hold a grudge long enough to give a shit. however, that in no way means that it never happens. it's just that when it does, it's different.

that should be the conversation, the how. not whether it would.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
kindly speak for yourself.

the difference is that an entp would likely be less apt to hold a grudge long enough to give a shit. however, that in no way means that it never happens. it's just that when it does, it's different.

that should be the conversation, the how. not whether it would.

I held one grudge for years.

No reason for it either, I just was grrr about it for a long time. Even after recognizing it was dumb. And even after knowing it was my fault to begin with. It became sort of a personal vendetta, to bring up with that person as often as possible.

Eventually I used it as a new years resolution to drop the matter, because it really was literally quite quite quite stupid. I'd give details, but I seriously mean IT WAS DUMB, to the point I'd rather not admit to it XD

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tend to agree with Kat ENTPs are well able to hold a grudge. Maybe the best, even beyond practical use.

ENTPs are capable of the brilliance of a master plan but seriously don't think world domination would keep an ENTP entertained especially with the various other options and doors merely getting near such a position would open. ENTP would be good at getting such and organization off the ground as a promoter like Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel or even Bugsy Malone but then sell the options for more fun/exciting venues or simply have a blast crashing and burning.

Well able to be a super villain but less apt at micromanaging the activities of their organizations henchmen. Would rather inspire and get their hands dirty than supervise.

INTJs and ENTJs would simply be more efficient for such a task and its day to day operation.

S

sammy

Whats the difference between the two? Both types has the capability to manipulate everyone to do the work for them and stay hidden in the background. Both types are often confused with each other . Both types can use other people as chesspieces to achieve their goal.

So whats the difference between NiTe manipulation and NeTi manipulation?
I don't know how one could confuse an INTJ and ENTP, unless the ENTP were "acting" like an INTJ on purpose.

I think the ENTP may rely more on opportunity (and/or create opportunity) to enact revenge/manipulate etc. An INTJ would already know all the elements at hand before taking any kind of action to manipulate the situation or people. The INTJ would not tolerate surprises ie: a monkey-wrench in their evil scheme.

Personally-speaking, when I was younger I held grudges like it was no one's business. Didn't act on the grand evil "schemes" against the person who had wronged me though.

The only time I acted on a scheme was to bust an ex-bf in the act of cheating on me. The situation did call for a lot of manipulation and on-the-spot planning (and hoping things would work out! ha!) Weirdly enough, the grudge I had against him for that misdemeanor didn't last very long. Indifference was a more apt word for the feeling. Three years later, he and I are just friends, and are able to laugh about our past together. Based on this (and other experiences), I can't see myself being able to hold a grudge long enough to create a mastermind evil scheme. Manipulative, yes, but not for an evil cause.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Case example: Stewie Griffin (often confused between ENTP and INTJ)

How they are confused? Both are intuition dominant, and thinking secondary.

And there was alot of talk in the past about ENTP being manipulative and machievellian in this forum.

INTJs don't have the patience to carry out long term plans (the P in perciever stands for patience and waiting), and they aren't ready for random suprise and disruptions for their plans.

Anyway, I am sure there were talks in the past about INTJ being confused with ENTP.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Manipulation is good :D. I dont want to fuel your paranoia but all life is manipulation. May it be an entj and isfp or god you interact with, he will thru manipulation create a reality and in online forums it will be the reality one lives in.

I am no fan of typing fictional characters like Stewie Griffin, the sole fact that he's a baby that does talk like an evil genius adult does but him in a reality, which does not exist in the real world and one should be careful to not be to easily dragged into it or one can forget about the borders of reality.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Manipulation is good :D. I dont want to fuel your paranoia but all life is manipulation. May it be an entj and isfp or god you interact with, he will thru manipulation create a reality and in online forums it will be the reality one lives in.

I am no fan of typing fictional characters like Stewie Griffin, the sole fact that he's a baby that does talk like an evil genius adult does but him in a reality, which does not exist in the real world and one should be careful to not be to easily dragged into it or one can forget about the borders of reality.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
entps are confused for intjs ? That's new

That would be like to have the runs while talking about chocolate dessert.

And who resembles "the runs" and who "chocolate pudding" I leave open to your imagination.... *leaves the stage covered in shady fog from the nebula machine*

quote fropm entropie from this thread

ENTPs, which type are you most similar to (identify with most)?

entropie said:
No, dont change them, I was just wondering why the four ? Why for example not INTJ ?

remember:D

ENTPs are often confused with INTJs as said in the above thread several times,
especially when ENTPs are stressed.