User Tag List

First 34567 Last

[YOUTUBE="qHk3nAx-bQc"]ENTP villain[/YOUTUBE]

or INTJ I don' know (the dude talking in the dark).....
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness
    absolutely. especially in the winter months when i can't get some fresh air, sun, etc. they seem to help a lot in bringing me out of my own mind when it starts to feel claustrophobic in there.

however, otherwise, i actually need those times. i'd go nuts without them. it's when it's as if my mind has hit 'repeat' that i know i'm way too stressed to get anything good out of it.
    I'm exactly like this, especially in the winter. I've noticed the sunshine and nature seems to snap me into the present reality and make me feel more "alive." I hate being trapped in buildings for too long.

I also seem to need plenty of down introspective time, but after a while I get very claustrophobic in my head and have a hard time disengaging from my own brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy
    Ugh, they're horrible. They do stop after a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis
    I'm going through it right now. I hope to god I don't get stuck for too long. I'm awkward as hell like this.
    Awkward how? Inter-relationally? Or personally?

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy
    ENTPs gotta be careful when we go into i-need-to-be-by-myself mood...careful about the subject about which we NeTi...if there is absolutely any negative feeling associated with the subject, we can go into burn'em-to-the-ground mode...but only till we go out and meet with people (or play soccer, something thats fast paced requires us to be there 100%), then we can calm down a bit.

that said, ENTPs with a developed Ti can usually not only control that negative Fe but analyze it and be one more rung up with self-development

when do they stop? youll get bored...feel lethargic...maybe eat too much...feel like taking a vacation cuz you think you are stuck in a rut...just want to get the hell away from there...youll feel claustrophobic. go out and feel the wind, let your sensations tickle a little...go out for good food...even though you are only going to buy groceries, take the time to dress up and look good. make the most of absolutely everything you do

Thank you all for your honesty. I think I understand completely what you mean. I am recently coming out of a very low period. (A burn em to the ground one as well--although I'd like to hear a clear definition of what this means.)

I have always felt the need to go introspective which has sometimes frustrated my friends (the uninitiated ones). I go from 100 miles per hour 100% involved in many things, to a grinding introspective halt. I have only been in a big funk once before in my life. This time though I could feel it coming on for a long time because I had many crises happen in a short period of time that left me little time for speculation/integration . . . so I just shut down.

In high school, I really related to a poem by WB Yeats about these birds that flew between Spain and Africa, because it was a symbol for the writer's need to immerse himself in life and then conversely withdraw from it to make sense of it. I don't remember the name of the poem though.

I am trying to figure out if I'm actually an ENTP that shadows as an INTJ or an ENTJ that shadows as an ISFP. I seem to use Te and Ne equally so it gets rather confusing at times. But I don't know many ENTJs who get into long term funks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INTJs are much more calculated and focused on particular long term goals.

ENTPs are usually just impulsive manipulators who do whatever generates the most interesting reaction at the moment.

In terms of evil supervillains, ENTPs are more likely to invent some diabolical device just for the sake of the enjoyment of creating it and seeing what it does.

INTJs are more likely to invent it (or get someone else to make it) for a particularly calculated purpose.

So I'd say "mastermind" fits the INTJ mold better. The ENTP is far more interested in designing and creating new gadgets than in actually applying them to some particular goal.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Riva

Wasn't there a thread just like this? ENTP Vs ENTJ?

The success of the villains depend on the scenarios.

(1) Movies - Mastermind bent on ruling the world (xNTJ)
    (2) TV series (especially soap operas) - Revenge bent villains who justifies their evil doings (ESTPs)
    (3) Real Life

Lets be realistic. Your next door neighbor who hates you would not be successful in his plans on taking over the world just to kill you after humiliating you. Which proves that INTJ villains are mostly successful on the movie screens.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I'm going through it right now. I hope to god I don't get stuck for too long. I'm awkward as hell like this.

Shimmy: when do they stop for you?
    Lots of sport, social interaction. I recently got a new job that provided me with an interesting communication training where I could learn a lot. Basically, as soon as I figure out that I'm not feeling happy, I need to go and do something or find new experiences.

Last winter one thing worked very well for me, but due to the legal status and unpredictability I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is depressed and inexperienced: Psilocybin.
    (removed)

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Whats the difference between the two? Both types has the capability to manipulate everyone to do the work for them and stay hidden in the background. Both types are often confused with each other . Both types can use other people as chesspieces to achieve their goal.

So whats the difference between NiTe manipulation and NeTi manipulation?
    I think the fact you need to apply characteristic traits to such a rigid system Ie: nite as the label for such a diverse thought and emotional pattern simply confuses the issue further.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    INTJs are much more calculated and focused on particular long term goals.

ENTPs are usually just impulsive manipulators who do whatever generates the most interesting reaction at the moment.

In terms of evil supervillains, ENTPs are more likely to invent some diabolical device just for the sake of the enjoyment of creating it and seeing what it does.

INTJs are more likely to invent it (or get someone else to make it) for a particularly calculated purpose.

So I'd say "mastermind" fits the INTJ mold better. The ENTP is far more interested in designing and creating new gadgets than in actually applying them to some particular goal.
    Ti is pretty calculating, in my opinion.

It doesn't matter if they have a framework and plan, if they can't adapt to randomness, everything wil fail. No one is so smart as to be able to plan against every eventuality.

Anyway, I am too lazy to do all this calculating and plannning, it doesn't mean i am not capable of doing it though. I'll leave it to the INTPs to outhink their opponents.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I'll leave it to the INTPs to outhink their opponents.
    And then steal the credits... I like your thinking.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Wasn't there a thread just like this? ENTP Vs ENTJ?
    Cloud's next nonsensical thread: WHICH NT TYPE WOULD WIN A THUMB-WRESTLING CONTEST?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post

Last winter one thing worked very well for me, but due to the legal status and unpredictability I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is depressed and inexperienced: Psilocybin.
    Stopped doing that because it led to extreme pain in my lower back . . . not sure why. Fun times in the past but I wouldn't do it again.