User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Wink With infinite recourses, politics aside, what would you do?

Let me propose a situation first, before I ask my question:

You have infinite money, recourses, land, and technology. You also infinite have man-power (as in, people who are willing to obey you. Iím not talking about your physical muscles.)

To continue the same thought, you donít have to go to work unless you want to- you have no responsibilities. You wonít be held accountable if you do anything dangerous or morally wrong- In other words, you will not be taken out of power no matter how unsavory your actions are.

Now, here is my question:
    What would you do for fun? (Think in terms of large scale projects.)
    +++

As for me, this is what I would do:

I would build a series of interconnected air-conditioned bio-domes out in the middle of nowhere (about 10 square miles of interconnected bio-domes). Some of the domes, I would make into grasslands; others forests, jungles, deserts, swamps, bolder covered wastelands, etc.

I would hire a team of biologists to be working non-stop to create a race of anthropomorphic bipedal rabbit men who would populate the domes (as well as other animals.) Lastly, I would install millions of hidden cameras on the inside of the domes, so that I could watch their society, culture, language, and spiritual belief systems develop.

Mostly, I want to see a society develop from scratch.
    In the very beginning, I would place about 30 adolescent rabbits with very limited knowledge of human culture, inside. Only the first generation would be given prepared food. They would also be exposed to instructional videos demonstrating how to do the most agriculture possible (sowing seeds, watering), how to hunt wild animals (setting traps, tracking paw-prints), how to

They would learn how to store food, make weapons, build huts, and develop legal systems all on their own. Aside from the first generation, I (as well as all humans) would not interfere with them.

• I would be most interested in their culture, although I would get excited if they managed to:
    • Make paper.
    • Draw maps.
    • Build 2 story buildings.
    • Create theater (puppet shows, acting)
    • Weave clothing (well, they wouldnít need it)
    • Try to break out and explore the outside world. (Oh, that would be too cool!)

Anyway...
    +++
    I think your responses echo your stronger personality preferences.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Space exploration/colonization. It'd basically be my mission to get things to Eve Online or Star Wars level as fast as possible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Talking Star wars level

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Space exploration/colonization. It'd basically be my mission to get things to Eve Online or Star Wars level as fast as possible.
    Star wars in nature, huh?

Would you be doing it so that it
    • would be a prime environment for adventurers to roam the skies?
    • Or so that you could witness the development of a rapidly growing culture (like what I was trying to explain in my above post)?
    • Or so that you could live in a world of almost magical-seeming technology?

/)_/)
    ('.-')
    /(")(")
    Obey Bunny
    Last edited by ObeyBunny; 03-08-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: part of a sentece was outside the bullet list

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Star wars in nature, huh?

Would you be doing it so that it
    • would be a prime environment for adventurers to roam the skies?
    • Or so that you could witness the development of a rapidly growing culture (like what I was trying to explain in my above post)?
    • Or so that you could live in a world of almost magical-seeming technology?

/)_/)
    ('.-')
    /(")(")
    Obey Bunny
    I'd do it for the technology of course! Adventure and culture? I'd say goodbye to those and still just tinker in my basement for days.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

With infinite [resources], politics aside, what would you do?
    [YOUTUBE="16QSYESBuRU"]Million dollars[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Build communism, then build an army to conquer the world and hand the means of production to the working class, holding up our aalready existing communism as the example.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    SEXY

Fund incredibly big science projects to discover how the universe came to existence.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTx

Absolute power, short of political influence, yes?

I'd squirrel away some for my own personal amusement of course, but the impact of a single individual going on random adventures wouldn't make much of a dent relative to a big project.

I'd dump resources into an academic mecca. Schools a plenty, and tasking the brightest minds to ambitious cutting edge projects with generous budgets. Especially with mind to quality of life improvements like genetics.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

I don't know if I am invited to reply...
    But I make a way to stay beautiful, young, feeling good (no aches and pains), comfortable, orgasmic at times, and every good grandiose idea I've ever had (while in the bathroom, or otherwise) would come to fruition, for example... Wars would end, people would stop being stupid, and the need for them to be so would be unnecessary, Religion would be replaced with rational concepts and people who were not useful, would not be able to breed. It would not totally be a rationalist society, a few pink unicorns would be cool... and people with feelings would be nice, not abusive, that goes for the rationals, they would be calm for the most part... If people started acting nutted, weird, depressed or strange, we send them to the alchemist, who makes them a tonic, to cure, their aliment, if it doesn't work after a while, then we use burn them for fuel. We have a society not built on folklore and superstition, but on emotional and rational intelligence put into action. That would be a start. It might take a minute but this may happen in the future. maybe before the next ice age...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Create compact lasers no bigger than a handgun
    Duel wield them
    Dress as a cowboy
    Become a supervillain
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn