User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    CAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    I subscribe to the theory that the worst types for getting along are the same outside letters with opposite inside letters.
    first take ENTP vs ENTJ
    They probably wont get along together but unless they both really are complete dicks theyl realize its mostly differences in attitude not that the other person is a jerk and will simply state that they dont like the person.

now take ENTP vs ESFP

they will have a similar air about them and will at first glances will seem to be on the same wavelength. This couldnt be more wrong. ESFP makes Se observations that the ENTP doesnt agree with, ESFP tries to explain a decision from an Fi standpoint, ENTP thinks its irrational, ENTP tries to explain something with Ti ESFP thinks its coldhearted, ect ect...

you could do this with any type and produce similar results
    Or just skip the type-everything-that-moves thingy, and accept that everybody has individual values. Opposing values will cause conflict, not type per se.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    During a peer review, my English teacher (the jerk I was talking about) led the students who were evaluating other student’s papers to insult the writers themselves. (Example: during the 10 minute lecture while he was introducing the activity, he proposed the question “What impression do you get from reading the paper? Does the writer strike you as a bitch?”) As apposed to guiding them to critique papers based on the merits of the paper it self.

(and some students did get “you sound like a privileged teenager” written in the margins of their papers. )

When I think about English teacher, I can easily pin him down as an “ES”. Considering that he constantly changes the schedule on the syllabus, I assume he is a “P.” And he also keeps mentioning that there isn’t enough emotion in any of the student’s papers- which makes me think “F.”

+++

I've only met 2 ESFP's in my life. One is my English teacher, the other is one of the most enjoyable people to hang out with I've ever met.
    The point was this: assholes are people who are selfish and put down others to get something for themselves, rather than for humor, or to help them in some way. Type is a classification of a person's dominant traits. They're not really related.

If your professor created an exercise to put other people down and elevate himself, he is an asshole. If's he's a also an Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiver, he also happens to qualify as an ESFP. There are infinite ways you can mentally classify people.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry, I didn't mean to instantly label someone I'm butting heads with (references to goats) as my opposite personality. I wasn't picking a fight with anyone, especially good natured ESFP's.

I honestly meant no offence.

But, uh- how do you deal with a**holes?

MBTI
    CAGE

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to instantly label someone I'm butting heads with (references to goats) as my opposite personality. I wasn't picking a fight with anyone, especially good natured ESFP's.

I honestly meant no offence.

But, uh- how do you deal with a**holes?
    Figure out why you would want to in the first place.

Then when you know why, figure out how..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've known people of my own type who can be jerks, so that's not always it, the opposite type thing. It's difficult to tell depending on the way you're interpreting them being a jerk. From your elaboration, he sounds like he's just a jerk.

Just from your few posts I've read from you being a n00b you seem like a creative person. I'm surprised your English teacher doesn't love you.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by fusetah View Post
    This is not the definition, or behaviour/thinking of someone with the Narcissistic personality disorder
    Well, you can actually be a narcissist without having narcissistic personality disorder, just like I usually have a hard time concentrating on one thing without having ADD.
    (removed)