User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Handbags

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Handbags

I had my neice over for the weekend, she is an ENFP and she arrived with what could only be described as a shopping bag as her handbag.

It's something I've notices about ENFP women, they often have very large shopping bags that they use as handbag (also they tend to be fairly disheveled individuals - at least the women do)... this got me thinking do NT's have different tastes in handbags.

Personally speaking I like a small bag with a long shoulder strap... I don't really like short straps that you have to carry around in your hand - but fashion doens't always give me as much choice as I would like.

I tend to only use one handbag that gets changed for very specal occations or when it has worn out.

So ladies (and I guess - men - with their man bags).... what type of handbags do you own/prefer etc?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I only have 2 things which could be counted as a purse: a coinpurse, and a wooden one. Standard purses/handbags are pointless to me. Too large to fit in a pocket, too small to carry as much crap as I carry around.

Whot I use as a "handbag" is a luggage case with a shoulder strap and wheels and one of those extendable hand grips so I don't have to carry it very far, just usually on and off the bus XD

It also doubles as a backpack, another piece of junk I see people carrying around often which I see no purpose for. Waste of space, poorly shaped, they don't carry books all that well due to their shape/size, yeu're better off getting a square-shaped luggage case which is far more ideally suited to most tasks. Only down side is it's large and heavy to carry, but that's whot wheels and shoulder straps are for.

And yes, my bag weighs about half as much as I do XD

...possibly more...

brainheart

Cloth, big enough to put a couple of books and water and a snack in. Long straps so I can carry it on my shoulder. Something funny or unique looking. Something like this:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

disheveled!!?? ha! why...i never...haha

i have a lot of bags kinda...although i usually just use the new one for a long time...anyway...i don't have any like you described small with a skinny strap...never have...all of them are at least big enough to put a magazine in but i prefer it if i can also put my camera...i do have one seriously sexy leather clutch thing that i'll use if i need to get all dressed up.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

I'd be the same. I use small-ish bags with long shoulder straps, or else back-packs. I only have one typical handbag, and I loathe it so never use it . A cousin of mine (SP) has a million and one different handbags, but I couldn't care less tbh!
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Phantonym

I guess I would be the "shopping bag" lady. My handbags are usually on the larger side to fit all the junk useful stuff I carry around. I like to stick to one favourite for quite some time and change them when I get fed up. My current one is about 45 cm/17'' in width and 30cm/12'' in height. Is that big? To me it's just right. It's useful to whack somebody when needed.

FigerPuppet

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Gotta stay mobile, can't have your balanced messed up by handbag.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I used to carry a purse that was waterproof and large enough to carry a book, my camera, all my money and cards and such, an umbrella, an extra shirt and underwear, shampoo, conditioner, makeup, toothpaste and a toothbrush and everything else that could be of use... it was about the size of a children's shoebox

Unfortunatly, I lost it

now I carry a purse that's only semi-large- I can't fit a book, umbrella OR change of clothes in it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett