User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default Don't get women at all

It's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think your future wife will appreciate being grouped in with women that are like that just because of her gender.

Have some respect!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes to above, there are different types of women. Attracting women on the level of “pulling” is more about immediate, fleeting, superficial attraction (as I understand it), so a more transparent approach will work for you with women looking for that sort of thing. For the same reason, an arrogant bad-boy type promises more immediate, up-and-down stimulation and excitement for this more short-term approach to attraction than non-arrogance.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

it's not as simple as that, although it probably seems like it to guys. women (well, i can only speak for myself, of course) like balanced men, who are comfortable with who they are. nobody likes an asshole, but nobody likes a pushover, either... did that help?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

We need a "why do girls like assholes" section of the forum already.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I don't think your future wife will appreciate being grouped in with women that are like that just because of her gender.

Have some respect!
    exactly...people are individuals...i'm sure you see yourself as such, different than these other types of guys...don't play the game if you hate it...i don't and never have...screw it. be you...genuinely you...and nice when you mean it and stand up for yourself when you should...you can be both good guy and the guy who goes after what he wants.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Balance, balance, balance...

Nice guy/Pushover:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDtcno4uP0"]"[/YOUTUBE]

Jerk/Asshole:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX5zj3RFjuQ"]"[/YOUTUBE]

Man/Gentlemen:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaC2tS5B-LM"]"[/YOUTUBE]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

In a nutshell, I don't think you'll get anywhere by thinking of women as one entitity, with such predictable behave as a whole, that can be understood like one entity.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Don't get women at all
    Bit of an overgeneralization, don't you think? You haven't met all women and never will. Maybe you should ask yourself why are you drawn to such women you describe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    It's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever.
    evolution and delusion, covered with bad rationalisation sauce.

I get a bit tired of this myself at time. It's okej to play a game I mean, but it's boring when the players don't even realise the rules they're playing by.
    Newsflash, the movies lie kids, the loser never gets the girl, or if he does it's because of the good old " he's just misunderstood" joke.