User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.
    What rules? You make your own rules. If you act in a way that you find genuinely admirable (you shouldn't "act" in the first place...just be yourself and try to be better everyday), you're more likely to attract women that are drawn to that.

Neediness, not wanting to be alone and all that, will only serve to justify foregoing your ideals and get stuck with women you don't like or that don't like you. So just be yourself, be comfortable being independent, and live your life. Good things come to those who wait.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What rules? You make your own rules. If you act in a way that you find genuinely admirable (you shouldn't "act" in the first place...just be yourself and try to be better everyday), you're more likely to attract women that are drawn to that.

Neediness, not wanting to be alone and all that, will only serve to justify foregoing your ideals and get stuck with women you don't like or that don't like you. So just be yourself, be comfortable being independent, and live your life. Good things come to those who wait.
    This is true.

When I said rules I jsut meant rules of basic social interaction, of communication, etc., even when we might personally think "I can't be bothered". I didn't mean making up a whole persona - I wouldn't dot hat at all.

So I agree with you.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    3.) I think it's a fallacy to think that "assertive/alpha" has to be equivalent to "asshole." Alpha's by nature aren't geared to be sensitive... but men who are mature have learned to use their power for others and not for themselves. It happens.
    True. I need to be more specific in expressing myself. I was kind of going for "exaggeration for maximum clarity" but it just had the opposite effect.

But yes, you're right.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever.
    You can't demand straightness from women, it's not in their programming. The fact is women are unpredictable because they are creatures of emotion. They act on impulse and whatever comes out of their mouth is them trying to rationally process how they feel -- which includes rationalizing away whatever feelings they come across that they're uncomfortable with. The bad thing about that is that you will never be able to level with them on logical terms (a nightmare for us intellectuals). The good thing about it is if you can understand their programming you can do whatever you want with them.

This doesn't apply to all women of course, but it applies to enough that it's a general rule.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    You can't demand straightness from women, it's not in their programming. The fact is women are unpredictable because they are creatures of emotion. They act on impulse and whatever comes out of their mouth is them trying to rationally process how they feel -- which includes rationalizing away whatever feelings they come across that they're uncomfortable with. The bad thing about that is that you will never be able to level with them on logical terms (a nightmare for us intellectuals). The good thing about it is if you can understand their programming you can do whatever you want with them.

This doesn't apply to all women of course, but it applies to enough that it's a general rule.
    Sleeping with the non-exceptions almost sounds like bestiality from your description.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Sleeping with the non-exceptions almost sounds like bestiality from your description.
    scotsmen have sheeps. we have women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Non-exceptions can't be too fussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

woman does not yield to reason. beep. woman does not compute. beep.

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).
    because they want an asshole they can control, in other words, they want a power tool.

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.
    because they like arrogance, they probably see it as a sign of bravado\masculinity or even self respect.
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

<duplicate post>
    Last edited by ObliviousExistence; 03-11-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: cc
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    We need a "why do girls like assholes" section of the forum already.
    For realz.