• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Don't get women at all

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does mushy core = good?
To me it sounds kinda icky.
Also, if someone only cares about how a person behaves towards them and disregards how they treat others, they're rather shallow and egocentric, IMO, and deserve to be disappointed when "bad" boy gets bored.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why does mushy core = good?
To me it sounds kinda icky.
Also, if someone only cares about how a person behaves towards them and disregards how they treat others, they're rather shallow and egocentric, IMO, and deserve to be disappointed when "bad" boy gets bored.

Well said! :yes:

Precisely why I think girls who are attracted to bad boys are immature, somewhat...

Flutterby

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
To the OP:

I truly believe the best way for you to meet women is join a group that shares a really strong interest/passion that you have. I have no idea how you've been meeting women up until now, but going to the pub and flirting is actually pretty random and not a particularly good strategy, for example. If you can not find a physical group you can also search for online groups, the point is to meet people that share your interests so that you can develop a friendship that can turn into something more. If you've already been doing that then maybe there is a book out there that can explain women to you, I haven't actually read any but I have heard someone wrote a book about the Inner Lives of Women. It's probably better to read a few books to get different author's opinions because if they've written an entire book on the subject they've probably given the subject a lot of thought. (Whether their thoughts are any good is another matter entirely, but it's a place to start.) You're going to have come at this from a less biased angle if you truly want to succeed. There may be some truth in saying that many women want a man who is strong but kind, but those two things are not necessarily contradictory. What's the old saying? A steel hand in a velvet glove or something? In any case, the best way to attract a woman is to work on improving your own life - not changing your inner nature, but simply using the strengths that you have and aiming to have a good character.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Alright, if you don't mind me intruding here...

I'll answer your questions according to your OP, k?

1) Isn't that the same for men? Everybody looks for something exciting in another person. Wouldn't you be fascinated by a good/bad woman? It's the same thing.
And I still think that 'liking the bad guy' might be a bit too much of a stereotype, especially set up by the male society. More stereotypes include height, and bigger penises, etc.

2) Arrogance attracts women? Eh. I think it's your face, body, and how clean you are.
Arrogance might have just made you that little bit more noticeable. Usually not a good thing, because arrogance is a hell of a turn off.
Would you prefer arrogant women?
And really the 'arrogance attracts women' is another stereotype. Usually depicted in movies, etc. :shock:

3)Alpha male? Wouldn't you want an 'alpha' female as well?
Someone with all the characteristics of the perfect woman?
Sadly, no one is that perfect. No one.

I don't think it's 'women' you don't get. I think it's just how people react/think to certain situations.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Yep fair enough. I was just in a bad mood the day I made the thread. ;)

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Innerestin'

I REALLY can't be asked to shift through 11 pages of women pretty much kicking you in the balls for this thread.

Anyway, maybe you are right. It's a genetic thing - women naturally go for the strong "hunter/gatherer" alpha-male-can-protect-and-provide-for-my-brood guy. Modern society makes it easier to choose other characteristics: intelligence, money, looks, wittiness, etc. that are deemed as desirable.

Um, yeah. Also, it may be the type of girls that you find in bars etc. Large majority of people are SJ/SP, and I am thinking this is who you will find there. I am thinking....xSFP? girls? Maybe your "pulling" self is best geared to attract that type.

Maybe you are just after the wrong type of girl. Maybe you found one already - not sure when this thread started.

I forget where I was going to go with this. It's fucking 1am. Gah. I hate my life. [Insert other profanities about my lack of coherent thought]

I like the word "pull". We don't use it enough in North America. I feel liberated in England using the word "pull". It's a good word.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tcdaIt's just a fact I'm afraid. I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.

I mean don't get me wrong, I know how to "pull" (as we say in Landan Town) etc. - I just find it pathetic the way that by acting in a way that I find annoying/transparent, I can "pull", whereas by acting in a way I find genuinely admirable, I wouldn't. So it's not that I don't know the rules, I just don't get them.

So a few questions:

1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).
It's the equivalent of the guy who wants a whore/kinky/wild in the bedroom but doesn't want her to be one when you first meet.
2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.
Because nice shouldn't equal boring but it often does. IMO, you don't need to be an asshole for women to react to you in a positive way you just have to be inaccessible at times. That means: Make them wonder.
3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?
Answered above. Guys do the same thing just in different ways. Women and men both want the same thing - a challenge. Just so happens that guys take this to the extreme by being assholes and women do the same thing by being whores. It's not what guys or girls really want. Now. Some people are just whores and assholes and that's who they are. God bless 'em. But for most people as described and in your OP they attempt to be something other than they are. You shouldn't. Be yourself but know your audience. You have to play a little bit of the game. Sorry to say. Like I said. Be inaccessible to a woman. It makes them curious. Just as a guy will have to wonder if they can "get" the girl. See?
Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever. :D

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm not a misogynist, rationally I believe in feminism. But with real life women, I just, don't get 'em.
This is easy to explain. Delete the false premise of feminism from your cognitive set, and everything will be crystal clear.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
People always want the best, especially if they have choices, it's hard wired.