User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Girls will like only good guys when guys like only good girls. Deal?
    haha yeah...or...how about you let all the assholes have each other and be comforted by the fact that there's someone for everyone...awww
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Girls will like only good guys when guys like only good girls. Deal?
    Ok but I'm not asking girls to like good guys...that wasn't the point of the thread. I'm not a "nice guy" myself.

The point of the thread was to say that women are complicated and baffle me, and ask for contradictory things.

This may be my own shortcomings and lack of emotional sensitivty. I never denied that.

However it is a fact that I don't understand women, and this thread expresses that. Why did I feel the need to express it? Who knwos, stress, probably.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

So do guys.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

So do guys.
    Didn't think I did, but maybe I do and just don't realize it, just like the women I am talking about don't consider their behaviour contradictory either.

My specific problem of understanding was the one expressed in the OP: which was not just "why do women like assholes". One which I don't think applies to men, for pretty obvious reasons I guess (social programming is different for men and women).

In any case though we're only going round in circles...I promised to express myself better when I was more rested, and I stick by that.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    To the OP, what is it about you that keeps being attracted to women who like assholes?
    This makes me think that maybe I really don't express myself well, at all. I was never complainging "Why do women go for assholes?"...! This was never at all the point of my post!

OOOOOOOOOKKKKK

When I say "asshole", I don't mean Stiffler.

For example: I come across quite cold and self-assured. Certain kinds of owmen find this attractive. But then, they want you to be somethign else too. But then, if you were to become something else, they'd no longer be interested, for example.

This is just one example. Please can I clarify then: When I say "asshole" I do not mean high school bully, and when I say "women who like assholes", I don't mean a cheerleader who dates the quarter back.

Rather I am exaggerating personality traits in order to portray things. "Simplify the rhyme just to amplify the noise" as Eminem said.

So do guys.
    Well, no. Contradictions are the specialty of women.
    A lot can be said about men, but it's true that women are way more ambiguous.
    Guys are usually easier to figure out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    This makes me think that maybe I really don't express myself well, at all. I was never complainging "Why do women go for assholes?"...! This was never at all the point of my post!

OOOOOOOOOKKKKK

When I say "asshole", I don't mean Stiffler.

For example: I come across quite cold and self-assured. Certain kinds of owmen find this attractive. But then, they want you to be somethign else too. But then, if you were to become something else, they'd no longer be interested, for example.

This is just one example. Please can I clarify then: When I say "asshole" I do not mean high school bully, and when I say "women who like assholes", I don't mean a cheerleader who dates the quarter back.

Rather I am exaggerating personality traits in order to portray things. "Simplify the rhyme just to amplify the noise" as Eminem said.
    hey that makes sense...totally get that and i'll tell ya why...because on first glance a woman sees a guy who's not fawning all over her...must have his own shit going on...seems confident...not easily intimidated...intriguing...what does he have going on? why is he so confident? who's in there and what is he all about? so...they want to find out...when they do...they'll either be turned off because that self assuredness was actually just coldness wrapped up in an superiority complex...or...they'll see that there isn't much there at all...or at least anything they can relate to and become bored...or...they like you...you like her...and you spend your days at home depot for the next 20 or so years.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hey that makes sense...totally get that and i'll tell ya why...because on first glance a woman sees a guy who's not fawning all over her...must have his own shit going on...seems confident...not easily intimidated...intriguing...what does he have going on? why is he so confident? who's in there and what is he all about? so...they want to find out...when they do...they'll either be turned off because that self assuredness was actually just coldness wrapped up in an superiority complex...or...they'll see that there isn't much there at all...or at least anything they can relate to and become bored...or...they like you...you like her...and you spend your days at home depot for the next 20 or so years.
    So where do I find a woman who likes coldness wrapped up in a superiority complex?

Joking...but yes, this reply makes a lot of sense.

So, we're making progress: women want 1.) someone driven and with direction in their life,
    2.) emotional intelligence.

Now ok, I'll admit my own shortcomings happilly, but, that's a lot to ask for!

For a man that's baffling you see, most guys I think are happy with someone they find to be nice as a person, fairly attractive (relative to the guy in question), and of a similair intelligence level to themselves. Simple...almost primitive I guess you could say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    So where do I find a woman who likes coldness wrapped up in a superiority complex?
    haha...i'm not sure but i'm sure they're out there! don't give up! fight the good fight man!

Joking...but yes, this reply makes a lot of sense.

So, we're making progress: women want 1.) someone driven and with direction in their life,
    2.) emotional intelligence.
    yes.
    Now ok, I'll admit my own shortcomings happilly, but, that's a lot to ask for!
    haha...apparently
    For a man that's baffling you see, most guys I think are happy with someone they find to be nice as a person, fairly attractive (relative to the guy in question), and of a similair intelligence level to themselves. Simple...almost primitive I guess you could say.
    hmmm...oh i think most people require a lot more than that, don't you?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

haha...i'm not sure but i'm sure they're out there! don't give up! fight the good fight man!
    lol

hmmm...oh i think most people require a lot more than that, don't you?
    Well I'm sure men want a "connection" as well, but as listable traits go, I reckon I was close to the mark, and men are pretty straightforwards in this regard whereas women, less so...

...though I'm happy to be corrected!