User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    evolution and delusion, covered with bad rationalisation sauce.

I get a bit tired of this myself at time. It's okej to play a game I mean, but it's boring when the players don't even realise the rules they're playing by.
    Yeah this pretty much sums it up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

@Elaur: This isn't another "why do women like assholes" thread. I get why in general women would like assholes: we live ina society based on competition, so people will respect "alpha male attributes", etc. etc. etc. I can be an asshole fairly easily - whether or not I choose to be is another matter - so this isn't the issue.

Rather as the Eck quote describes, what confuses me is the denial and self-delusion!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ thread: yeah, I guess what baffles me, is the demand for balance. Because it's not a consistent "balance" - that is considered boring - but rather, often, you are expected to show every range of attributes, at different moments, depending on applicability. Goddam, that's annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding generalizations: true, this is a genealization. As long as when you make a generalization you admit it's a generalization and therefore not infallible, but rather observance of general trends, that is ok, IMO.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

note:

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole,

"Well, polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake"

^ that's one asshole I'd gladly do if I were a woman

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

@ thread: yeah, I guess what baffles me, is the demand for balance. Because it's not a consistent "balance" - that is considered boring - but rather, often, you are expected to show every range of attributes, at different moments, depending on applicability. Goddam, that's annoying.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    is it? that x is a j then isn't it? haha be flexible! sometimes it makes sense to be the nice guy and sometimes it makes more sense to say you know what? eff off man!! haha...come on...certainly you get that...different situations call for different responses or actions.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    note:
    That's why it helps not to take a few words out of the context of a sentence.

But whatever, I am not trying to debate whether logically you could justifiably deduce, based on empirical evidence or processes of logic blah blah, whether or not this is a thread about why women like assholes; I'm simply "explaining after the act", i.e. clarifying to say it succintly, that it wasn't intended to be such a thing, whether or not you could empirically, logically, intuitively, whatehfuckeverelse, presume such a thing that based on the OP.

Ok?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

obviously you are meeting the wrong women!

I was attracted to my man because he's NOT an asshole- he's universally described as a really nice guy by almost everyone who knows him!

He is self-admittedly not an alpha male either... which is also a turn on

I know plenty of other girls who are jealous and want a similar non-asshole non-alpha male... so I'm certainly not alone there!

Obviously, you're only hanging out with the gold digging hoochies
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    "Well, polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake"
    haha!!! uh...whaaaat?
    ^ that's one asshole I'd gladly do if I were a woman
    and...wtf? who? the op?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Obviously, you're only hanging out with the gold digging hoochies
    This could be it. Maybe I should lose the gold chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha!!! uh...whaaaat?

and...wtf? who? the op?
    See Timeless' second vid about assholes -> Steve Stiffler is god!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

totally! and no more flashing your cash and pulling up to the club in your hummer either... P Diddy is NOT your fashion role model!

Note- the girls who aren't expecting you to be an asshole are probably busy sitting with their friends and having fun NOT being a predator- check them out when they get up- you may be pleasantly surprized!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett