User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

to joey, but no, i don't find him that attractive.

is it tough to be a guy? i don't think i've ever thought this much about what's appealing to guys trying to be strategic. i just am myself, take it, or leave it

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5x4

We had a conversation about this on the INTJ forum that went a little better than the "OMG, he asserted a bad stereotype. Kill him!!!" mentality that I see here.

It was brought up that on some distant primal level of human evolution, women would be attracted to the alpha male as a security mechanism to help defend her and raise her children in a environment of scarce resources (with some of the INTJ females agreeing this was the ultimate psychological explanation). The argument then became how much this evolutionary drive is in operation today, and how much one can rise above it.

That aside .... personally, OP, I see and agree mostly with what you are getting at. Let the naysayers chide you for making politically incorrect observations, but we see the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    1.) Why is it that women will pretend to want a nice guy etc., but really are fascinated by you if you are an asshole, and will harrass you to show a "human" side, but then, soon get bored once you have shown it (or at least, if you don't turn it off very quickly).

2.) Leading on from that, why be annoyed by arrogance when this is what attracted you in the first place, and when there were plenty of non-arrogant guys who like you, who you could go for, but don't.

3.) Why demand the hypocrisy that someone be "ambitious" or an "alpha male" in more general terms, but that they not be an asshole, when clearly, the two can't be seprated (by definition, climbing above other people, means taking advantage of situations for your benefit at their expense, i.e., being an asshole)? So why do we have to play some game of denying assholery while at the very same time taking a shit on everyone else?

Actually those 3 questions are probably all the same, but whatever.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

1.) There's a fine line between being the nice-guy and the pushover, the same goes for being an asshole and brutal honesty (to some). In a biological explanation, women want the protector/warrior types, but also want a compassionate man to take care of her and offspring. They kind of contradict, no? It hasn't gone away.

2.) Even as a girl, I don't even understand this in others, especially friends. It could be because there are a lot of people who assume that a guy's outward 'arrogant' behavior is entirely different when they're with the same guy in private, but mostly that's not the case. There's a lot of reasons for this I suppose. One gender can be completely oblivious to the opposite's negative aspects, thus leading many people of the opposite's gender to question 'how in the hell did they get a date?'.

3.) I wouldn't compare 'ambition' to be anything near being an asshole. It can be, depending on what someone is 'ambitious' about, but I don't see it as taking advantage over others. And pretty much everyone does this. People always deny doing bad things, but at the same time are doing them. Some girls deny being a bitch, when it is blatantly obvious that they are climbing a social/academic ladder.

In a simple generalized answer, though, many girls are just dumb, not all, but many. I wouldn't say that all girls are the 'real life women' that you are confused about though. There are a lot of brilliant single girls out there who see guys for who they are, too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Oh no!! Not this topic again! (Runs far away)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I hate when people replace "politically incorrect" for "misogynistic" or "racist." I mean, I get that it's hip to be PIC now, but geeeeez.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

YouTube - Cooldude

Story of my life.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You just gotta wait for the right one.

The hard part is knowing it when you see it, and pursuing it before it's gone.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's true that you can't group all women together, but stereotypically, yes, that's how women act. The ones that don't probably are too quiet to catch your eye anyway.

Guys just need to come out and say what they're feeling to avoid all that alpha-male garbage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Nah, your stereotypical women ARE attracted to (who they think are) good guys.

I have NO IDEA why, but... many women believe that bad guys in reality possess this mushy core they hide from everyone else. Those women fantasize about becoming the one person those bad guys open up and act sweet towards.

When those women realize that the bad guys do NOT actually possess the chewy center they thought those guys secretly had inside... things get ugly. VERY UGLY.

Am I getting a point across?
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.