User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INT guilt

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default INT guilt

I think that INTXs have a heightened sense of morality, and that it is often applied to themselves in the form of self-doubt. I say this because I have noticed (and an INTJ has as well) feeling guilty constantly, and almost unprovoked. When there is a problem, or there is a problem possibly around the next corner, then it is automatically a failure (another key term for INTPs) of oneself for not realizing it earlier and acting on it (you let it happen).

To this day many potently vivid scenarios in the past have to do with me noticing patterns that are coming to form, and then a bad situation occurring where I could've done something but I didn't. Has anyone noticed this as well? How does one alleviate being so harsh on oneself, since it can be so crippling to overly focus on this shit?
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Becoming amoral worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i have terrible guilt issues. i have always had them and sometimes i've thought it might be because of my childhood and me witnessing my parents arguing and blaming myself. i don't know what it is, but i've tried to learn to laugh at myself and sometimes just let it be... i can't help but feeling that way, though... feeling like if i had done this and this differently then maybe this wouldn't have happened... but maybe it goes deeper than that... i don't know. it's hard... and probably one of my biggest issues along with overthinking.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Becoming amoral worked for me.
    This.

Setting priorities and principles realistically. Learning a few things about what is and isn't important. Like the fact that perfection is an ugly bitch.

I recognize greatly into the guilt thing when I was younger. But I grew over it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The guilt thing got old.
    I stopped doing it.

Why?

Because I finally accepted I was human, and that my fate was in my hands... so all I had to do was my best, and do something. (Don't expect to fully understand a situation in order to act.)

And if I made a mistake, then I just had to change what I was doing.
    Meanwhile, there's no shame involved... except maybe in doing NOTHING.

What's morality have to do with any of this?

EDIT: Amoral? Yup, maybe that's another way of saying it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

i don't think you can do anything, if you're amoral? is that even possible, or desirable?

i think it's just accepting that you're not "perfect" and what jennifer said about not expecting to fully understand a situation in order to act (or sometimes not to act...).

and also realizing that sometimes you just haven't got that influence you might think you could have had...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

lol... you should have used a smiley

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Depends really. I have high standards of behaviour for myself and don't live for pleasure, only for the ideal I believe in, and will reprimand myself if I wasted time on hedonism when I could have been doing something constructive.

However within that framework, I don't often feel guilty, because I believe that "the end justifies the means if there is something that justifies the end".

So I guess "guilt" isn't the word, but I do see what you mean.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Moral relativism works great for me. Especially since it's reality.