• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT guilt

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't think it's so much as a guilt thing as being self-critical. Whenever I feel like the OP described, it's not as much guilt as disappointment. Usually this happens when I decide not to do x, which leads me to missing chance y, thus making me feel as if I've missed out on something great or interesting (or feeling like a "failure"). Then again that could be just me.

As for morality... meh. Morals can be bent and twisted, depending on the situation. I'm probably not the most moral person out there anyway.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Yeah^^^self-critical & disappointment also describe it better than "guilt".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah^^^self-critical & disappointment also describe it better than "guilt".

Thank you for your perspective on it and maybe you are right... although you can hardly fault the thread participants for responding to the words actually used in the OP. People responded to what they read.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Thank you for your perspective on it and maybe you are right... although you can hardly fault the thread participants for responding to the words actually used in the OP. People responded to what they read.
:huh:
I think you misunderstood me, I was just stating agreement with the guys post, not attempting to have a go at anyone else. :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Is the law the only thing standing in the way of someone who is amoral and murder (for example)?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Is the law the only thing standing in the way of someone who is amoral and murder (for example)?

I don't imagine it would be the only thing. One rather large obstacle would probably be motivation, as I imagine is the case for "moral" people as well. The severity and likelihood of punishment + absence of the right motivation is probably the largest part of what prevents most people from committing murder, regardless of their particular moral viewpoint.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
guilt is paralyzing and useless, if you don't turn it into change... and in order to turn guilt/ shame/ disappointment/ self-criticism into something positive, you have to leave it. those negative feelings should only be used as an incentive to act... they're not meant to be made permanent fixtures of your everyday life. :soapbox: :D :yes: