User Tag List

First 123

Thread: INT guilt

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post
    INTx's having a heightened sense of morality??????????
    That wasn't the question asked. Guilt=/= morality.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I don't think it's so much as a guilt thing as being self-critical. Whenever I feel like the OP described, it's not as much guilt as disappointment. Usually this happens when I decide not to do x, which leads me to missing chance y, thus making me feel as if I've missed out on something great or interesting (or feeling like a "failure"). Then again that could be just me.

As for morality... meh. Morals can be bent and twisted, depending on the situation. I'm probably not the most moral person out there anyway.
    Nothing can become anything if you tilt your head and squint.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Yeah^^^self-critical & disappointment also describe it better than "guilt".
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    Yeah^^^self-critical & disappointment also describe it better than "guilt".
    Thank you for your perspective on it and maybe you are right... although you can hardly fault the thread participants for responding to the words actually used in the OP. People responded to what they read.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Thank you for your perspective on it and maybe you are right... although you can hardly fault the thread participants for responding to the words actually used in the OP. People responded to what they read.

I think you misunderstood me, I was just stating agreement with the guys post, not attempting to have a go at anyone else.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Is the law the only thing standing in the way of someone who is amoral and murder (for example)?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Becoming amoral worked for me.
    That is the deepest morality.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Is the law the only thing standing in the way of someone who is amoral and murder (for example)?
    I don't imagine it would be the only thing. One rather large obstacle would probably be motivation, as I imagine is the case for "moral" people as well. The severity and likelihood of punishment + absence of the right motivation is probably the largest part of what prevents most people from committing murder, regardless of their particular moral viewpoint.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

guilt is paralyzing and useless, if you don't turn it into change... and in order to turn guilt/ shame/ disappointment/ self-criticism into something positive, you have to leave it. those negative feelings should only be used as an incentive to act... they're not meant to be made permanent fixtures of your everyday life.