User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default intp making simple things complex

[disclaimer]This is just my personal experience and why i do this, i dont know if this is the reason for other intps or not[/disclaimer]

Its not usually complexing simple things in my personal experience. Its about looking under the surface of the "simple" thing and only on the surface that thing is looking simple. But when looking on principles on how that simple thing is working and why is it what it is, it usually is more complex thing than what it seems to be on the surface. Since most people only see the surface of it, it will look simple thing to them and they see that intp is making it more complex than what it really is.

Kinda same thing happens when intp is simplifying a complicated thing. The thing just seems complicated on the surface, but when you dig deeper into principles of it, it usually is more simple than what it seems to be on the surface, but most people only see the surface of things..

At times some things might be simple under the surface also and when intp tries to look under the surface to see if there actually is some complicated things hiding there, they need to handle that simple thing as if it was more complex than it actually is, until they realize that it is simple under the surface also. When this happens intp is actually making a simple thing more complex than what it actually is, but usually this isnt the case, because quite rarely things are as simple as they seem on the surface, but most people dont understand this, so they just see intp making simple things more complex than they actually are every time they look under the surface, not matter if it actually is more complex or not.

Can other intps relate with this?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes BigApplePi liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    [disclaimer]

At times some things might be simple under the surface also and when intp tries to look under the surface to see if there actually is some complicated things hiding there, they need to handle that simple thing as if it was more complex than it actually is, until they realize that it is simple under the surface also. When this happens intp is actually making a simple thing more complex than what it actually is, but usually this isnt the case, because quite rarely things are as simple as they seem on the surface, but most people dont understand this, so they just see intp making simple things more complex than they actually are every time they look under the surface, not matter if it actually is more complex or not.
    You answered your own question perfectly.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    [disclaimer]This is just my personal experience and why i do this, i dont know if this is the reason for other intps or not[/disclaimer]

Its not usually complexing simple things in my personal experience. Its about looking under the surface of the "simple" thing and only on the surface that thing is looking simple. But when looking on principles on how that simple thing is working and why is it what it is, it usually is more complex thing than what it seems to be on the surface. Since most people only see the surface of it, it will look simple thing to them and they see that intp is making it more complex than what it really is.

Kinda same thing happens when intp is simplifying a complicated thing. The thing just seems complicated on the surface, but when you dig deeper into principles of it, it usually is more simple than what it seems to be on the surface, but most people only see the surface of things..

Can other intps relate with this?
    I find INFPs are more likely to be overly wordy. I'm pretty succinct myself.

And it looks like your Fi score is unusually high for an INTP.

And your OP was kinda needlessly wordy...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I find INFPs are more likely to be overly wordy. I'm pretty succinct myself.

And it looks like your Fi score is unusually high for an INTP.

And your OP was kinda needlessly wordy...
    I dunno, I can be pretty needlessly verbose.

But I think complexifying things in one's mind in order to understand how they "really" work is different from complexifying things in communication. In the latter case, things could be perfectly clear and simple in one's mind, but turn out to be difficult to translate into words that sufficiently explain these things to others. I think the OP is talking about complexifying things in one's mind in order to understand them thoroughly.

I would have to say that I don't think I do this, mostly because I don't have access to other people's perceptions of things in order to compare my own estimations of a thing's complexity or simplicity. Things just appear to me as complex or simple (to varying degrees of each, of course)- I have no way of knowing whether something that I view as complex is held by others as simple (unless someone I'm with explicitly tells me, which rarely happens.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I dunno, I can be pretty needlessly verbose.
    On non academic/intellectual topics?

I think we're at our worst when in that monotone explanation mode.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    On non academic/intellectual topics?

I think we're at our worst when in that monotone explanation mode.
    True. That is when I get most wind-baggish.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    True. That is when I get most wind-baggish.
    And then when we say something emo, it's like 2 words. That should be appreciated!

While Fi/Fe's go on those 30 minute emo dumping binges.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ti is about precision. It doesn't seek complexity or introduce it, merely exposes it in the search for truth. The approach is a reductionist one. Sometimes emergent properties are missed.
    Thus it can make things more simple than they are but not more complex, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Thus it can make things more simple than they are but not more complex, IMO.
    i didnt mean intp makes thing more complex, but Ti combined with Ne can see the principles of simple things when others can usually just see the thing on the surface. This makes others see the thing as simple, but it can look more complex in the eyes of intp and for them it looks like intp is making the thing more complex than it really is.

i found this from internets:

INTPs organize their understanding of any topic by articulating principles, and they are especially drawn to theoretical constructs. Having articulated these principles for themselves, they can demonstrate remarkable skill in explaining complex ideas to others in simple terms, especially in writing. On the other hand, their ability to grasp complexity may also lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of "simple" ideas, and listeners may judge that the INTP makes things more difficult than they are. To the INTP, however, this is incomprehensible: They are merely presenting all the information.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Who cares about the perceptual disabilities of inferior types?

Sure you're not INFP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.