• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTPs vs. ISTPs: What Makes You So Different?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ISTP, SRSLY?!?!?!

2022988.jpg

Seriously, that is soooooooooooo off, it's not even funny!!!

I'm confused by your "caricature""

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think, if anything, that some INTPs would be more prone to conceal their geekery in the Hipster costume.

Lemme show you the real anatomy of an ISTP

Hiker-Grand-Canyon-1.jpg

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They don't like to hike. There's no purpose in it. Unless they have a goal in mind.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
altho i do think if they were close on the T/F divide, they would be more likely to be hikers. Strong Ti/Se is all about work and more work. Or at least physical activity as a means to an end.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some people tell me I have that lost look all the time. Others are intruegued by it, wondering what goes on in my head.

We look lost, and in some ways, you could argue that we are. But we're just spinning our thoughts. Looking away helps us focus on our thoughts. And we keep 99% of it to ourselves.

ISTP's and the intense look, they just want to use their thoughts, and put it into the world. Their thought trains are more outwardly focused.

R

Riva

They don't like to hike. There's no purpose in it. Unless they have a goal in mind.

Correct. ISTPs are prone to fund multiple goals before taking actions.

Hiking would develop a considerable amount of fitness and is also physically challenging.

ISTPs would love............................ That.

---

The males atleast. Not so sure about the females.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
to be honest i think being Ti-dom means you don't even realise you give off a specific image let alone trying to create one.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think, if anything, that some INTPs would be more prone to conceal their geekery in the Hipster costume.

Lemme show you the real anatomy of an ISTP

Hiker-Grand-Canyon-1.jpg

Thats to lazy for an ISTP. Angelina Jolies actions in Tomb raider symbolize a true ISTP and we need no reasons to do this kind of stuff other then its exhilerating and fun.

When an INTP digs into some theory, we are driving and steering and playing with whats in front of us to learn how to control it. The goal is understanding how it works physically so we can push harder and faster, not theoretically.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
altho i do think if they were close on the T/F divide, they would be more likely to be hikers. Strong Ti/Se is all about work and more work.
I dunno, I can totally understand the work and more work, thing.

My ISTP is *always* working, i.e. researching/building/programming/running programs.

He spends a lot of time allegedly "working" but really just fucking around with some thing, or on the computer, or fucking around with his computer, both hardware and software wise. :)

Regarding hiking, you might be right, my ISTP would not put hiking on his top ten list, he much prefers climbing, shooting, riding motorcycles, skiing, and other cool adventurous, calculated risk- risky stuff.

Hahahahaa, perhaps he's been humoring me all these years with the hikes we've gone on.

:)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats to lazy for an ISTP. Angelina Jolies actions in Tomb raider symbolize a true ISTP and we need no reasons to do this kind of stuff other then its exhilerating and fun.

When an INTP digs into some theory, we are driving and steering and playing with whats in front of us to learn how to control it. The goal is understanding how it works physically so we can push harder and faster, not theoretically.

Hi Poki! I see you are questionning your type. I never felt you as a hardcore ISTP. You are on here too much for that. haha. You like to converse too much. You think you could be an E? interesting.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, I can totally understand the work and more work, thing.

My ISTP is *always* working, i.e. researching/building/programming/running programs.

He spends a lot of time allegedly "working" but really just fucking around with some thing, or on the computer, or fucking around with his computer, both hardware and software wise. :)

Regarding hiking, you might be right, my ISTP would not put hiking on his top ten list, he much prefers climbing, shooting, riding motorcycles, skiing, and other cool adventurous, calculated risk- risky stuff.

Hahahahaa, perhaps he's been humoring me all these years with the hikes we've gone on.

:)

Well, yeah, there is a goal in mind on those hikes. Or wishful thinking anyway.

Like SolitaryWalker says about dom perceivers, they feel at one with the world, so love to do those risky things.
But I thought you were with an intj?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, yeah, there is a goal in mind on those hikes. Or wishful thinking anyway.

But I thought you were with an intj?
I am. :)

But, I've had the most experience with my ISTP, nearly ten years on and off, so, he's still my best friend! :wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this why something like engineering appeals to the ISTP type? Applied physics, and all that jazz?

I think so... and why you are more apt to find INTPs in theoretical physics instead.

... Good point, Night.

R

Riva

Like SolitaryWalker says about dom perceivers, they feel at one with the world, so love to do those risky things.

+1

The wisdom of Solitary Walker...

Last edited by a moderator: