User Tag List

First 6789 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    He has to externalize his thoughts sometimes I actually see this in NFPs when they start to ramble and eventually that "god, im a genius" moment is when their Fi externalizes and they get this huge smile like "I just figured it out".
    So true!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I think you're joking....right? It's not really clear.

The purpose of hiking is to be hiking. It's NFs who need a bloody purpose for everything in life.
    Eh?

Sometimes the purpose is the path, and what better path to take than a beautiful one in nature a la a hike!

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    The women also look lethargic and sexually inactive.

Sorry...
    It's not your fault. We're just not that into ESTJs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

That's interesting, because most people report seeing so much difference between INTP and ISTP that they have trouble understanding how the two can even have the same dominant function.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's interesting, because most people report seeing so much difference between INTP and ISTP that they have trouble understanding how the two can even have the same dominant function.
    :confused:

Maybe my confusion is due to my ridiculously small sample set of ISTPs.

But, for me, it is difficult to ascertain the lack of N-ness in these ISTPs.

Perhaps they are IxTPs, then?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The purpose of hiking is to be hiking. It's NFs who need a bloody purpose for everything in life.
    Lol. There.

I tend to hike because I like to hike, + I can "see" -- interfacing the actual world just triggers all my possibility sense. But sometimes I can drop into just observing the real data... and it's weird to me. It's like i experience all this data in the moment and am sync with it but cannot recall any of the specifics later no matter how hard I try.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I recently discovered just how amazing hikes can be while employing the use of binoculars and a loupe.

So many things to see!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    :confused:

Maybe my confusion is due to my ridiculously small sample set of ISTPs.

But, for me, it is difficult to ascertain the lack of N-ness in these ISTPs.

Perhaps they are IxTPs, then?
    No such thing. They're just really aloof and make it hard for people to really get to know them.

In my experience, both enjoy solving puzzles and forming a complete understanding of the principles that make things work the way they do, without much regard for whether they can apply that understanding to completing some other goal. The thrill of cracking the system and understanding it fully is enough.

INTPs tend toward more abstract puzzles like physics or philosophy or hypothetical logic problems. ISTPs tend toward more tangible puzzles that they can get their hands on and figure out, like electronics or video games or automechanics.

Both really, really seem to enjoy strategy games. I've run into a lot poker players of both types. INTPs usually view the game as a complex math problem, trying to use statistical patterns to reason out opponents' probable hand ranges, while ISTPs will approach it more from a standpoint of figuring out people and using subtle physical cues (often stuff that NTPs don't even notice) to discern when they're lying.

NTPs play the cards; STPs play the person (this is an oversimplification but helps illustrate the idea.) It's funny when they get into arguments over the way hands were played, because sometimes the STP will make some play that the NTP sees as clearly mathematically incorrect--and sometimes it is--but other times it lets the STP take advantage of opportunities the NTP didn't even notice.

Like, the STP will make some weirdo call in a situation where all the numbers would indicate that he should probably fold. Sometimes he's wrong and it just looks like an impulsive waste of money; other times he's right and he looks like a genius for picking up some subtle physical tell. Either way it drives the NTPs nuts.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP

The purpose of hiking is to be hiking.
    yeah

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No such thing. They're just really aloof and make it hard for people to really get to know them.
    True, ISTPs are aloof, very aloof.

But I've had the opportunity to become very close to one, and yeah, his lack of Ne, relative to my use of Ne has instigated its fair share of problems, but ten times more than that, his puzzlement at/of my Fi has led to the greatest problems between us. My Ne processor he can handle and stimulate exceedingly well whereas my Fi navigator/soul/anchor he seems to not only not understand, but loathe and scoff at. :/

In my experience, both enjoy solving puzzles and forming a complete understanding of the principles that make things work the way they do, without much regard for whether they can apply that understanding to completing some other goal. The thrill of cracking the system and understanding it fully is enough
    This is very true.

INTPs tend toward more abstract puzzles like physics or philosophy or hypothetical logic problems. ISTPs tend toward more tangible puzzles that they can get their hands on and figure out, like electronics or video games or automechanics.
    Hmmm, the ISTP I know LOVES physics, hates Philosophy, but loves to philosophize, if that makes sense, and he will dabble in hypothetical logic problems.

In fact, he is BIG on contingency thinking/planning, which, in a way, is hypothetical logic problem solving, right?

You are right, that he likes to tinker with "toys", but to be honest, he spends more time tinkering with software than he does with actually taking the computer apart. Whereas, his ESTP best friend is BIG into tinkering with electronics and works on building computers.

Also, regarding automechanics, this is IMPORTANT sim, and this is where I am confused the most, the ISTP I know cares and spends a lot more time understanding the mechanics than actually tinkering with them, hence my confusion!!!

I will frequently ask him how things work, from computers to engines, to planes, and I am floored by how knowledgeable he is in all of these fields/areas, he understands not only the parts, but the physics behind the systems that make these parts work.

^Is that Ti?

Both really, really seem to enjoy strategy games. I've run into a lot poker players of both types. INTPs usually view the game as a complex math problem, trying to use statistical patterns to reason out opponents' probable hand ranges,
    Hmm, the ISTPs I know are definitely all about strategy, but the one I am specifically talking about works and values physics, math, and statistical patterns/procedures like crazy. (He's a civil engineer)

while ISTPs will approach it more from a standpoint of figuring out people and using subtle physical cues (often stuff that NTPs don't even notice) to discern when they're lying.
    Now, here is where I have to disagree with you entirely.

The ISTPs I know don't care much about people, in general, and are pretty piss-poor at reading social cues.

NTPs play the cards; STPs play the person (this is an oversimplification but helps illustrate the idea.) It's funny when they get into arguments over the way hands were played, because sometimes the STP will make some play that the NTP sees as clearly mathematically incorrect--and sometimes it is--but other times it lets the STP take advantage of opportunities the NTP didn't even notice.

Like, the STP will make some weirdo call in a situation where all the numbers would indicate that he should probably fold. Sometimes he's wrong and it just looks like an impulsive waste of money; other times he's right and he looks like a genius for picking up some subtle physical tell. Either way it drives the NTPs nuts.
    I notice here, that you switched to STPs, instead of ISTPs, and I have definitely seen/observed/witnessed a VAST difference between these two types.

ESTPs are people-persons.

Much more privy to relating with/towards people, ISTPs, however...

Not so much.

Do you think the STPs you speak of are in fact ESTPs?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles