User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We're kinkier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry, "in the theory"?

I've gotten less sleep than I would have liked, and your meaning escapes me.

If you care to elucidate, what do you mean?

I know "they" say that Ns are more prone to theorize and care about abstract things, but I do not necessarily see this "fact" manifesting in the ISTP type.

Their predilection to think, think, think, think about everything and anything, or most things makes it difficult for me to conclude that they don't engage in a lot of abstract thinking!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

In the theory of typology. Your choice.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I've argued with both types, and both types seem to argue till the moon disappears and the sun rises.

Which I like!
    Huh, ok, I guess you can change that to "in my experience", then. I'd thought it was a trend but I guess wasn't looking for it specifically. I have noticed a lot of istps here are content with saying their piece without needing to repeat it 7 reworded but barely-different ways (only noticeable because this repetitive arguing style is generally the norm on forums in general).

Maybe there are also some istps around here that like to argue endlessly, and I just tend to skip over those posts, lol.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    We're kinkier.
    Ain't that the truth!

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Morgan's right.

I just sit around and 'think the kink' but never do any of it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Huh, ok, I guess you can change that to "in my experience", then. I'd thought it was a trend but I guess wasn't looking for it specifically. I have noticed a lot of istps here are content with saying their piece without needing to repeat it 7 reworded but barely-different ways (only noticeable because this repetitive arguing style is generally the norm on forums in general).

Maybe there are also some istps around here that like to argue endlessly, and I just tend to skip over those posts, lol.
    Hahahaaha, yeah, I see that on here, too.

In my experience, IRL, with ISTPs they tend to wax politic/philosophize/argue just as much or even more than many Ns do.

And, hahahahaa, the ISTPs I know tend to find *engaging* in foruming a big fat waste of time, (except for the use of lurking and gleaning important information )
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

ISTP don't have souls.

However they are grand watching your back in a fight...as long as they don't unnecessarily hop in and kill somebody.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    \
    I think T anchored to an S function is a lot more visible than T anchored to an N. Like Randomity's later anecdote suggests, ISTP is visibly pragmatic (e.g., dropping a pointless/useless discussion),
    Okay, bingo, this makes sense.

The ISTPs I know are ALL ABOUT PRAGMATICS!!!

I wouldn't even be able to recall the countless times my ISTP friend has dropped a pointless, or useless line of discussion to steer it into something more productive, so yeah, that makes sense!

while N often feels the need to explore all the zillions of pathways even if they see where it is going, because there's value to the type in that exploration process.

I think ISTPs get a lot more done that INTPs, at least in the tangible world; applications of Ti are made externally. INTPs can get pretty anal about the abstracted thinking process itself, regardless of its practical applicability... the abstracted concepts often never get practical application, they exist for themselves.
    Is this why something like engineering appeals to the ISTP type?

Applied physics, and all that jazz?
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles