• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] any nt's here NOT drawn to nf's for friendships and/or romance?

S

sammy

I'm attracted to both NFs and NTs for friendships and relationships, but I've had a pretty bad track record with NFs for relationships (haven't given up though!). NFs and I get along wonderfully as friends.

I met a few male ENTx's the past year and it was a blast of fireworks with potential for a LOT more shows in the coming decades. Too bad they're all already taken.

Male INxx's are scared of me in person, but they are just dandy chatting online. Many admit they have to be drunk in order to approach me, which I think is a turnoff. I'm attracted to the shy-ish NT who dares to make a move (sans alcohol), whether it be through twirling me onto the dance floor, or with witty banter. Insults are golden, so long as it can be volleyed back and forth without conniptions.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol actually it's pretty fuuucking annoying how people automatically assume ENTJ's will put their 'better half' to work for them. We aren't some domineering ESTJ with a stick up our ass. Perhaps you should read some kiersey and study up on what factors being NT brings to the personality of an Extraverted Judger, rather than just assuming E-J makes them a heartless moron... Saying the ENTJ will micromanage his partner like an employee is like saying 'im afraid to bring my ENTP over because he will surely make fun of my mothers weight and age then criticize my dads baldness... because he doesn't take things seriously''. In other words, we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check. The perpetuating image of an ENTJ being an ESTJ but with a better ability to build an empire is getting annoying and from what i've seen on this forum it seems that atleast 80%ish are misinformed.

lol @ post

My favorite part here is the "we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check", as if Ns are somehow inherently superior at that? ...and then you tell me to "go read Keirsey and study up." lolz

I've kinda moved past Keirsey and at this point look mostly to Jung and Lenore, thanks.

The secondary Ni vs. Si is irrelevant here. Te as a dominant function has a tendency to command and control its surroundings in the name of efficiency and upholding the standards for the way things should be done.

Who the hell said anything about "heartless moron"? Te doms usually believe they're doing the right thing and it's for everyone's good--and they're usually pretty good at managing projects and other people to get goals accomplished. It's not heartless or moronic, just annoying at times.

So claiming that ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage does not in any way imply that they are ESTJs...this is just a Te-dominant tendency that's common for both types. I have a good bit of experience with ENTJs micromanaging me and others around them to the point of really pissing everyone off. Obviously not all of them do it, but it's common enough to warrant describing it as an ENTJ tendency, get it?

What's annoying is your apparent belief that Sensors are somehow "not aware of when to keep their behavior in check." That's nonsense.

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
lol @ post

My favorite part here is the "we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check", as if Ns are somehow inherently superior at that? ...and then you tell me to "go read Keirsey and study up." lolz

I've kinda moved past Keirsey and at this point look mostly to Jung and Lenore, thanks.

The secondary Ni vs. Si is irrelevant here. Te as a dominant function has a tendency to command and control its surroundings in the name of efficiency and upholding the standards for the way things should be done.

Who the hell said anything about "heartless moron"? Te doms usually believe they're doing the right thing and it's for everyone's good--and they're usually pretty good at managing projects and other people to get goals accomplished. It's not heartless or moronic, just annoying at times.

So claiming that ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage does not in any way imply that they are ESTJs...this is just a Te-dominant tendency that's common for both types. I have a good bit of experience with ENTJs micromanaging me and others around them to the point of really pissing everyone off. Obviously not all of them do it, but it's common enough to warrant describing it as an ENTJ tendency, get it?

What's annoying is your apparent belief that Sensors are somehow "not aware of when to keep their behavior in check." That's nonsense.

Lol well ok I guess by saying ESTJ and 'S' types I was blurring my point that people have a negative image of ENTJ's. ENTJ's are VERY rarely seen as anything other than unhealthy... Sure Te dominant can cause that type of behavior but it's the Ni that considers all the possible things that the action could bring up. We don't want to create negative situations and usually in the process of using Ni to consider more options we stumble across some Fe and make a proper choice. yes I realize ENTJ's are somewhat notorious for being immature but the mature ones are very aware of their bossy tendencies and try to use a bit more Ni before spitting out what they think. I guess if you want to shove all ENTJ's in to the immature box then go ahead. There's a world of difference between a healthy and unhealthy type person and it just seems like Te dom ones get a ton of negative flack that overshadows the healthy ones to a point where it doesn't seem like they exist at all.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
lol @ post

I'm starting to think that you may have never met an ENTJ in your life. Or maybe your mom was an ENTJ and you have mother issues. Or maybe you're really dainty and weak willed IRL and you resent people who can instantly point out the obvious flaws in your underdeveloped Ti's logic.

In any case, my suggestions for therapy stands. It really helps to talk it out.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
lol @ post

Actually, that was an excellent point. ENTJs are Ni users rather than Si users... this means that they are NOT interested in the details of how something develops, and they definitely do not, by any MBTI description, enjoy micromanaging. When I'm leading a project, I'd really rather NOT have to listen to the specific ways people do their tasks and all the tedious things they need to do to complete them. All I care about is that it all comes together in the end. One of my pet peeves on a group project is when people need excessive handholding.

Also, if you're into socionics at all, Si is actually an ENTJ's inferior function. ENTJs are quite vulnerable when it comes to every day tasks/routines, and are (along with ENFJs) the type most likely to neglect the details.

So yeah, you might enjoy reading up a bit about about how Te Ni work together. You may really notice a lot that you have missed.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Correction: NT's are sarcastic as hell whereas NF's think they are but come off as annoying and immature. They also tend to get upset over an NT's blatant sarcasm because they percieve non-existant cristism/insults :p

One of my closest friends in an ENTJ (thankfully a more evolved ENTJ than you) and I was married to an INTJ while there are definitely times that there rubs due to different functions, I can assure you we crack each other up. Perhaps your sense of humor is as narrow as your perspective on NFs.

Lol actually it's pretty fuuucking annoying how people automatically assume ENTJ's will put their 'better half' to work for them. We aren't some domineering ESTJ with a stick up our ass. Perhaps you should read some kiersey and study up on what factors being NT brings to the personality of an Extraverted Judger, rather than just assuming E-J makes them a heartless moron... Saying the ENTJ will micromanage his partner like an employee is like saying 'im afraid to bring my ENTP over because he will surely make fun of my mothers weight and age then criticize my dads baldness... because he doesn't take things seriously''. In other words, we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check. The perpetuating image of an ENTJ being an ESTJ but with a better ability to build an empire is getting annoying and from what i've seen on this forum it seems that atleast 80%ish are misinformed.

So it looks like you are fine dumping entire categories of people into a negative bucket, but take exception to people doing that to your type. Ridiculous. :doh:

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Actually, that was an excellent point. ENTJs are Ni users rather than Si users... this means that they are NOT interested in the details of how something develops, and they definitely do not, by any MBTI description, enjoy micromanaging. When I'm leading a project, I'd really rather NOT have to listen to the specific ways people do their tasks and all the tedious things they need to do to complete them. All I care about is that it all comes together in the end. One of my pet peeves on a group project is when people need excessive handholding.

Also, if you're into socionics at all, Si is actually an ENTJ's inferior function. ENTJs are quite vulnerable when it comes to every day tasks/routines, and are (along with ENFJs) the type most likely to neglect the details.

So yeah, you might enjoy reading up a bit about about how Te Ni work together. You may really notice a lot that you have missed.

Brilliant post. Clearly s/he(simulated world) doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between Ni and Si.

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
One of my closest friends in an ENTJ (thankfully a more evolved ENTJ than you) and I was married to an INTJ while there are definitely times that there rubs due to different functions, I can assure you we crack each other up. Perhaps your sense of humor is as narrow as your perspective on NFs.

So it looks like you are fine dumping entire categories of people into a negative bucket, but take exception to people doing that to your type. Ridiculous. :doh:

LOL! the first part you qouted was a joke little missy... Hence the ':p'. I love bantering with NF's, especially INFJ's (they seem to get my sense of humor better than most other types). :p

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Terrific. That's you. That's not representative of most or all ENTJs.

Your statement that using Ni instead of Si somehow means ENTJs never micromanage anybody is ridiculous.

First of all, Te is a bigger priority for ENTJs than Ni, and Te prefers to organize and delegate tasks sequentially in order to move things forward. If you have an employee who's not performing his job accurately, this could very well threaten the success of the entire project and thus require a micromanaging response. ENTJs may not enjoy micromanaging particular pieces as much as ESTJs, but they'll suck it up and do it when they've identified an incompetent team member whose ineptitude could threaten the success of the entire project.

Te doms often worry about the competence of the people they have to depend on and they're not above taking over a job if it becomes evident that the person it's assigned to is incompetent at it. I don't know where you got the erroneous idea that not being detail-oriented somehow exempts ENTJs from micromanaging. Servicing Te's goals can frequently lead ENTJs to this kind of behavior, in order to ensure the success of the larger goal.

So far your entire argument seems to be:

1) "I don't do that so neither do any ENTJs."
2) "ENTJs don't like details so they never micromanage", which is ridiculous.

Ni may prefer focusing on the larger picture, but the more pronounced Te is well aware of the consequences of failure to execute smaller pieces of the plan in a timely and accurate fashion. Each piece of the structural unit needs to perform its proper function accurately, or the whole thing falls apart. That's basic Te credo.

Lol well ok I guess by saying ESTJ and 'S' types I was blurring my point that people have a negative image of ENTJ's. ENTJ's are VERY rarely seen as anything other than unhealthy... Sure Te dominant can cause that type of behavior but it's the Ni that considers all the possible things that the action could bring up. We don't want to create negative situations and usually in the process of using Ni to consider more options we stumble across some Fe and make a proper choice. yes I realize ENTJ's are somewhat notorious for being immature but the mature ones are very aware of their bossy tendencies and try to use a bit more Ni before spitting out what they think. I guess if you want to shove all ENTJ's in to the immature box then go ahead. There's a world of difference between a healthy and unhealthy type person and it just seems like Te dom ones get a ton of negative flack that overshadows the healthy ones to a point where it doesn't seem like they exist at all.

Sure, and I've met some ENTJs who really had their shit together and did an awesome job of getting things done without stepping on anybody's toes. Nobody said it's impossible for ENTJs to do that, just that Te doms have a natural tendency to control and direct others, which some types (especially Ps) often interpret as inappropriate and threatening. If they didn't, there wouldn't be that common perception of them.

And nobody said anything about "all ENTJs", btw.

Brilliant post. Clearly s/he(simulated world) doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between Ni and Si.

Or rather, simulatedworld has the intellectual capacity to recognize that Te is higher than Si/Ni in the E_TJ functional structure and will often lead to controlling and yes, micromanaging anything in the external environment that isn't performing according to expected standards.

Perhaps silenco doesn't have the intellectual capacity to realize using Ni instead of Si doesn't magically preclude ENTJs from showing micromanaging tendencies. It's a function of dominant Te, not Ni vs. Si.

Jaguar

(Just not ENTJs. Keep them the hell away.)

I'm starting to think that you may have never met an ENTJ in your life. Or maybe your mom was an ENTJ and you have mother issues. Or maybe you're really dainty and weak willed IRL and you resent people who can instantly point out the obvious flaws in your underdeveloped Ti's logic.

Damn you. You owe me a new keyboard. :rofl1:

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Your statement that using Ni instead of Si somehow means ENTJs never micromanage anybody is ridiculous.

First of all, Te is a bigger priority for ENTJs than Ni, and Te prefers to organize and delegate tasks sequentially in order to move things forward. If you have an employee who's not performing his job accurately, this could very well threaten the success of the entire project and thus require a micromanaging response. ENTJs may not enjoy micromanaging particular pieces as much as ESTJs, but they'll suck it up and do it when they've identified an incompetent team member whose ineptitude could threaten the success of the entire project.

Te doms often worry about the competence of the people they have to depend on and they're not above taking over a job if it becomes evident that the person it's assigned to is incompetent at it. I don't know where you got the erroneous idea that not being detail-oriented somehow exempts ENTJs from micromanaging. Servicing Te's goals can frequently lead ENTJs to this kind of behavior, in order to ensure the success of the larger goal.

Ni may prefer focusing on the larger picture, but the more pronounced Te is well aware of the consequences of failure to execute smaller pieces of the plan in a timely and accurate fashion. Each piece of the structural unit needs to perform its proper function accurately, or the whole thing falls apart. That's basic Te credo.

Sure, and I've met some ENTJs who really had their shit together and did an awesome job of getting things done without stepping on anybody's toes. Nobody said it's impossible for ENTJs to do that, just that Te doms have a natural tendency to control and direct others, which some types (especially Ps) often interpret as inappropriate and threatening. If they didn't, there wouldn't be that common perception of them.

Or rather, simulatedworld has the intellectual capacity to recognize that Te is higher than Si/Ni in the E_TJ functional structure and will often lead to controlling and yes, micromanaging anything in the external environment that isn't performing according to expected standards.

Perhaps silenco doesn't have the intellectual capacity to realize using Ni instead of Si doesn't magically preclude ENTJs from showing micromanaging tendencies. It's a function of dominant Te, not Ni vs. Si.

Actually that last post by me was a troll ;) Not so much fun when people antagonize you for lolz while they're trying to make a legit point, ya dig? Lesson to all NP's who get their kicks from NJ's srsness C:

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

And you seem to be missing that point the there's a huge group of ENTJ's who don't do that and also HATE being put in to the unhealthy box which all ENTJ's are seen as on this forum, yet you make a serious effort to say that since there are some, they must all be cast that way! I guess when you decided which type you like you were thinking of the unhealthy ones... Some are unhealthy THEREfore they must rep all of them, I dont dig...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And you seem to be missing that point that there's a huge group of ENTJ's who don't do that and yet you make a serious effort to say that since there are some, they must all be cast that way! I guess when you decided which type you like you were thinking of the unhealthy ones... because they exist!!! THEREfore they must rep all of them, ya dig?

Uhh, no, I didn't say anything about all ENTJs. Even regular healthy ENTJs run into problems with strong P types because Ps resent being controlled to such a high degree.

In any case, my suggestions for therapy stands. It really helps to talk it out.

Mom is ESFJ and we get along really well. Te types usually find Ti-oriented reasoning specious and vice versa. That's just the nature of type differences.

Ironically, the one person I spend the most time talking to for advice and guidance is actually himself an older and very well-balanced ENTJ. I just tend to clash with most Te doms in a situation where we have to work together because Ne needs a lot of freedom to spread out and change plans abruptly.

Actually the type that differs by only the last letter ("quasi-identicals" in socionics) tends to be a major source of conflict because both types think about the same things but believe the other is going about it all wrong. "You're almost doing that right!"

S

sammy

Oh, ENTJs :wubbie:
---

Is personal experience really the best indicator of truth? or analysis of the experiences based on pseudo-psychological terminology?

Fecal McAngry

I find that I get along best with other TPs and and INTJs in terms of friendships/relationships/partnerships. I actually think NFPs are some of the hardest types for me to mesh with.

I generally find ENTPs very easy to relate to as friends, but I am not attracted to them romantically. Great friends, however. Low-maintenance friends; very nice for a moody hermetic bastard like myself...

Obviously, vastly more romantic potential seems to exist between NTJs and NFPs and NFJs and NTPs than between NTPs and NFPs or NTJs and NFJs...

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

You're completely missing the point. Te for an ENTJ is focused on systems, ideas, and goals. For an ESTJ, it is focused on specifics (maybe tasks and procedures, but I wouldnt know). If you have to look at it in terms of managing things, ENTJ = macromanaging, ESTJ = micromanaging. You have absolutely no basis for saying that ENTJs like to micromanage people. You are arguing that they will do it if it is absolutely necessary... what type DOESNT do things that are necessary? Are you saying an ISFP manager wouldn't get involved if their corporation was being threatened?

Also, ENTJs hardly react instantaneously to things (that would be more Se doms). They give Ni priority for determining how they should proceed, and often Ni will tell them that to flat out take over someone else's work will NOT be the most effective option.

Take from this what you will, but from an ENTJ standpoint.. everything you are telling me about my type seems foreign and ridiculous to me (as well as some of the others here, apparently) so if it doesn't bother you to know that you are making random inaccurate statements about people then that's cool bro.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're completely missing the point. Te for an ENTJ is focused on systems, ideas, and goals. For an ESTJ, it is focused on specifics (maybe tasks and procedures, but I wouldnt know). If you have to look at it in terms of managing things, ENTJ = macromanaging, ESTJ = micromanaging. You have absolutely no basis for saying that ENTJs like to micromanage people. You are arguing that they will do it if it is absolutely necessary... what type DOESNT do things that are necessary? Are you saying an ISFP manager wouldn't get involved if their corporation was being threatened?

I have a great basis for saying ENTJs like to micromanage people--and that's that I've noticed them doing it to myself and others (and many people complaining about it) in lots of different situations.

An ISFP manager would be more likely to try to talk to the underperforming employee in a polite and non-confrontational way and determine if his needs are being met sufficiently. Dominant Fi would most likely lead him to take the personal angle over the organizational one and make an attempt to reach out this person emotionally and non-confrontationally first.

An ENTJ manager is more likely to decide the employee is incompetent and take over the task or delegate it to someone else.

Also, ENTJs hardly react instantaneously to things (that would be more Se doms). They give Ni priority for determining how they should proceed, and often Ni will tell them that to flat out take over someone else's work will NOT be the most effective option.

Maybe your Ni tells you that, but you're mistaken if you think a hands-off approach is characteristic of ENTJs. Why do you think other types so commonly perceive you as dominating, controlling and overbearing?

Even if Ni does usually tell you that taking over someone's work (or constantly telling them how to do it) is not the best course of action, some ENTJs (especially when upset the poor performance) will resort to Te+Se and throw sentiments of letting others work autonomously right out the window. Anyone who's ever had a stressed out ENTJ boss is familiar with this scenario.

Take from this what you will, but from an ENTJ standpoint.. everything you are telling me about my type seems foreign and ridiculous to me (as well as some of the others here, apparently) so if it doesn't bother you to know that you are making random inaccurate statements about people then that's cool bro.

I think you're hurt by the stereotype that ENTJs are overbearing micromanagers and so you're taking extra care to argue against it. I'm sure it must suck to be a balanced ENTJ who doesn't do kind of stuff and hear the stereotypes, but they have to come from somewhere.

Unfortunately, despite your best perceptions of yourselves, yeah, people do tend to see you that way. Sorry if that's shocking or if micromanaging isn't your intention, but that's frequently how it comes off to others and it's why ENTJs have a reputation for that sort of behavior. The only people arguing with it are ENTJs who are upset about the stereotype--not unlike the INFPs who spend post after post after post insisting that INFPs don't have a tendency to be overly sensitive.

Even if it's not true of you personally, it might very well be true of many people who share your MBTI type.