First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I have a great basis for saying ENTJs like to micromanage people--and that's that I've noticed them doing it to myself and others (and many people complaining about it) in lots of different situations.

An ISFP manager would be more likely to try to talk to the underperforming employee in a polite and non-confrontational way and determine if his needs are being met sufficiently. Dominant Fi would most likely lead him to take the personal angle over the organizational one and make an attempt to reach out this person emotionally and non-confrontationally first.

An ENTJ manager is more likely to decide the employee is incompetent and take over the task or delegate it to someone else.

Maybe your Ni tells you that, but you're mistaken if you think a hands-off approach is characteristic of ENTJs. Why do you think other types so commonly perceive you as dominating, controlling and overbearing?

Even if Ni does usually tell you that taking over someone's work (or constantly telling them how to do it) is not the best course of action, some ENTJs (especially when upset the poor performance) will resort to Te+Se and throw sentiments of letting others work autonomously right out the window. Anyone who's ever had a stressed out ENTJ boss is familiar with this scenario.

I think you're hurt by the stereotype that ENTJs are overbearing micromanagers and so you're taking extra care to argue against it. I'm sure it must suck to be a balanced ENTJ who doesn't do kind of stuff and hear the stereotypes, but they have to come from somewhere.

Unfortunately, despite your best perceptions of yourselves, yeah, people do tend to see you that way. Sorry if that's shocking or if micromanaging isn't your intention, but that's frequently how it comes off to others and it's why ENTJs have a reputation for that sort of behavior. The only people arguing with it are ENTJs who are upset about the stereotype--not unlike the INFPs who spend post after post after post insisting that INFPs don't have a tendency to be overly sensitive.

Even if it's not true of you personally, it might very well be true of many people who share your MBTI type.
    Dude...just stop embarassing yourself...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

I have a great basis for saying ENTJs like to micromanage people--and that's that I've noticed them doing it to myself and others (and many people complaining about it) in lots of different situations.

An ISFP manager would be more likely to try to talk to the underperforming employee in a polite and non-confrontational way and determine if his needs are being met sufficiently. Dominant Fi would most likely lead him to take the personal angle over the organizational one and make an attempt to reach out this person emotionally and non-confrontationally first.

An ENTJ manager is more likely to decide the employee is incompetent and take over the task or delegate it to someone else.

Maybe your Ni tells you that, but you're mistaken if you think a hands-off approach is characteristic of ENTJs. Why do you think other types so commonly perceive you as dominating, controlling and overbearing?

Even if Ni does usually tell you that taking over someone's work (or constantly telling them how to do it) is not the best course of action, some ENTJs (especially when upset the poor performance) will resort to Te+Se and throw sentiments of letting others work autonomously right out the window. Anyone who's ever had a stressed out ENTJ boss is familiar with this scenario.

I think you're hurt by the stereotype that ENTJs are overbearing micromanagers and so you're taking extra care to argue against it. I'm sure it must suck to be a balanced ENTJ who doesn't do kind of stuff and hear the stereotypes, but they have to come from somewhere.

Unfortunately, despite your best perceptions of yourselves, yeah, people do tend to see you that way. Sorry if that's shocking or if micromanaging isn't your intention, but that's frequently how it comes off to others and it's why ENTJs have a reputation for that sort of behavior. The only people arguing with it are ENTJs who are upset about the stereotype--not unlike the INFPs who spend post after post after post insisting that INFPs don't have a tendency to be overly sensitive.

Even if it's not true of you personally, it might very well be true of many people who share your MBTI type.
    Ill humor you... Are you essentially saying that because a portion of the group is immature that they should all be disregarded as possible partners AND should be generalized in to the immature group? Right now you're pretty much just reinforcing the generalization that ENTJ's should be seen as immature and it's cool to forget about the mature ones because...well not sure...

TLDR: You mentioned you didn't like ENTJ's in general then the only reasons you had to back that up are ones that only involve the immature portion of them...STILL not digging...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    Oh, ENTJs
    ---

Is personal experience really the best indicator of truth? or analysis of the experiences based on pseudo-psychological terminology?
    This thread puts a huge grin on my face as well

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Ill humor you... Are you essentially saying that because a portion of the group is immature that they should all be disregarded as possible partners AND should be generalized in to the immature group? Right now you're pretty much just reinforcing the generalization that ENTJ's should be seen as immature and it's cool to forget about the mature ones because...well not sure...

TLDR: You mentioned you didn't like ENTJ's in general then the only reasons you had to back that up were ones that only involve the immature portion of them...STILL not digging...
    I've already answered all of these questions repeatedly. Go read the thread before you put words in my mouth.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've already answered all of these questions repeatedly.
    No... you sort of regressed to anecdotal evidence because you failed to find a logical correlation between Te, Ni and micromanaging people in relationships.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    No... you sort of regressed to anecdotal evidence because you failed to find a logical correlation between Te, Ni and micromanaging people in relationships.
    Yeah pretty much. Now he's trying to say that we're just defending our type out of a dislike for being criticized while that still doesn't do anything to prove the point that A)He's way off and can't prove anything against the facts of Te and Ni and B) uhh do you not realize you're the ONLY one DEFENDING your points? Pretty idiotic to say we're the same thing back at us as if it gives you leverage in the argument.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Well first of all I wasn't talking about relationships. And secondly I explained precisely which Te tendencies may come off to others as micromanaging. Of course you ignored that part, but that's to be expected, I guess.

Yeah pretty much. Now he's trying to say that we're just defending our type out of a dislike for being criticized while that still doesn't do anything to prove the point that A)He's way off and can't prove anything against the facts of Te and Ni and B) uhh do you not realize you're the ONLY one DEFENDING your points? Pretty idiotic to say we're the same thing back at us as if it gives you leverage in the argument.
    I know of enough others who agree with me that I don't really mind if two ENTJs disagree with a statement about negative tendencies of ENTJs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Well first of all I wasn't talking about relationships. And secondly I explained precisely which Te tendencies may come off to others as micromanaging. Of course you ignored that part, but that's to be expected, I guess.

I know of enough others who agree with me that I don't really mind if two ENTJs disagree with a statement about negative tendencies of ENTJs.
    Nah she actually proved that Te tendencies, when combined with Ni doesn't come off as micromanaging at all. I guess you didn't understand that part, but that's to be expected, ya dig?

P.S.....: DERP! I know like 50 billion gazilion uthars that agree witz me!!!21
    Attached Images Attached Images

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    I generally find ENTPs very easy to relate to as friends, but I am not attracted to them romantically...
    I could never in million years image dating and getting along with a ETP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Nah she actually proved that Te tendencies, when combined with Ni doesn't come off as micromanaging at all. I guess you didn't understand that part, but that's to be expected, ya dig?

P.S.....: DERP! I know like 50 billion gazilion uthars that agree witz me!!!21
    "Proved", lol. You think "proof" for anything exists within a purely subjective pop psychology system? Oh please.