User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post
    INTJ's seem too strict and fearsome. ENTJ's seem too orderly. INTP's are like me. I don't need a copy in woman's clothing. ENTP's are slippery when wet.
    And IENSFJP are X, Y and Z?

sammy

I'm attracted to both NFs and NTs for friendships and relationships, but I've had a pretty bad track record with NFs for relationships (haven't given up though!). NFs and I get along wonderfully as friends.

I met a few male ENTx's the past year and it was a blast of fireworks with potential for a LOT more shows in the coming decades. Too bad they're all already taken.

Male INxx's are scared of me in person, but they are just dandy chatting online. Many admit they have to be drunk in order to approach me, which I think is a turnoff. I'm attracted to the shy-ish NT who dares to make a move (sans alcohol), whether it be through twirling me onto the dance floor, or with witty banter. Insults are golden, so long as it can be volleyed back and forth without conniptions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Sage View Post

INTJ's seem too strict and fearsome. ENTJ's seem too orderly.
    I think you have those turned around.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
    Lol actually it's pretty fuuucking annoying how people automatically assume ENTJ's will put their 'better half' to work for them. We aren't some domineering ESTJ with a stick up our ass. Perhaps you should read some kiersey and study up on what factors being NT brings to the personality of an Extraverted Judger, rather than just assuming E-J makes them a heartless moron... Saying the ENTJ will micromanage his partner like an employee is like saying 'im afraid to bring my ENTP over because he will surely make fun of my mothers weight and age then criticize my dads baldness... because he doesn't take things seriously''. In other words, we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check. The perpetuating image of an ENTJ being an ESTJ but with a better ability to build an empire is getting annoying and from what i've seen on this forum it seems that atleast 80%ish are misinformed.
    lol @ post

My favorite part here is the "we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check", as if Ns are somehow inherently superior at that? ...and then you tell me to "go read Keirsey and study up." lolz

I've kinda moved past Keirsey and at this point look mostly to Jung and Lenore, thanks.

The secondary Ni vs. Si is irrelevant here. Te as a dominant function has a tendency to command and control its surroundings in the name of efficiency and upholding the standards for the way things should be done.

Who the hell said anything about "heartless moron"? Te doms usually believe they're doing the right thing and it's for everyone's good--and they're usually pretty good at managing projects and other people to get goals accomplished. It's not heartless or moronic, just annoying at times.

So claiming that ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage does not in any way imply that they are ESTJs...this is just a Te-dominant tendency that's common for both types. I have a good bit of experience with ENTJs micromanaging me and others around them to the point of really pissing everyone off. Obviously not all of them do it, but it's common enough to warrant describing it as an ENTJ tendency, get it?

What's annoying is your apparent belief that Sensors are somehow "not aware of when to keep their behavior in check." That's nonsense.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol @ post

My favorite part here is the "we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check", as if Ns are somehow inherently superior at that? ...and then you tell me to "go read Keirsey and study up." lolz

I've kinda moved past Keirsey and at this point look mostly to Jung and Lenore, thanks.

The secondary Ni vs. Si is irrelevant here. Te as a dominant function has a tendency to command and control its surroundings in the name of efficiency and upholding the standards for the way things should be done.

Who the hell said anything about "heartless moron"? Te doms usually believe they're doing the right thing and it's for everyone's good--and they're usually pretty good at managing projects and other people to get goals accomplished. It's not heartless or moronic, just annoying at times.

So claiming that ENTJs have a tendency to micromanage does not in any way imply that they are ESTJs...this is just a Te-dominant tendency that's common for both types. I have a good bit of experience with ENTJs micromanaging me and others around them to the point of really pissing everyone off. Obviously not all of them do it, but it's common enough to warrant describing it as an ENTJ tendency, get it?

What's annoying is your apparent belief that Sensors are somehow "not aware of when to keep their behavior in check." That's nonsense.
    Lol well ok I guess by saying ESTJ and 'S' types I was blurring my point that people have a negative image of ENTJ's. ENTJ's are VERY rarely seen as anything other than unhealthy... Sure Te dominant can cause that type of behavior but it's the Ni that considers all the possible things that the action could bring up. We don't want to create negative situations and usually in the process of using Ni to consider more options we stumble across some Fe and make a proper choice. yes I realize ENTJ's are somewhat notorious for being immature but the mature ones are very aware of their bossy tendencies and try to use a bit more Ni before spitting out what they think. I guess if you want to shove all ENTJ's in to the immature box then go ahead. There's a world of difference between a healthy and unhealthy type person and it just seems like Te dom ones get a ton of negative flack that overshadows the healthy ones to a point where it doesn't seem like they exist at all.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

lol @ post

I'm starting to think that you may have never met an ENTJ in your life. Or maybe your mom was an ENTJ and you have mother issues. Or maybe you're really dainty and weak willed IRL and you resent people who can instantly point out the obvious flaws in your underdeveloped Ti's logic.

In any case, my suggestions for therapy stands. It really helps to talk it out.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

lol @ post

Actually, that was an excellent point. ENTJs are Ni users rather than Si users... this means that they are NOT interested in the details of how something develops, and they definitely do not, by any MBTI description, enjoy micromanaging. When I'm leading a project, I'd really rather NOT have to listen to the specific ways people do their tasks and all the tedious things they need to do to complete them. All I care about is that it all comes together in the end. One of my pet peeves on a group project is when people need excessive handholding.

Also, if you're into socionics at all, Si is actually an ENTJ's inferior function. ENTJs are quite vulnerable when it comes to every day tasks/routines, and are (along with ENFJs) the type most likely to neglect the details.

So yeah, you might enjoy reading up a bit about about how Te Ni work together. You may really notice a lot that you have missed.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Correction: NT's are sarcastic as hell whereas NF's think they are but come off as annoying and immature. They also tend to get upset over an NT's blatant sarcasm because they percieve non-existant cristism/insults :P
    One of my closest friends in an ENTJ (thankfully a more evolved ENTJ than you) and I was married to an INTJ while there are definitely times that there rubs due to different functions, I can assure you we crack each other up. Perhaps your sense of humor is as narrow as your perspective on NFs.

Lol actually it's pretty fuuucking annoying how people automatically assume ENTJ's will put their 'better half' to work for them. We aren't some domineering ESTJ with a stick up our ass. Perhaps you should read some kiersey and study up on what factors being NT brings to the personality of an Extraverted Judger, rather than just assuming E-J makes them a heartless moron... Saying the ENTJ will micromanage his partner like an employee is like saying 'im afraid to bring my ENTP over because he will surely make fun of my mothers weight and age then criticize my dads baldness... because he doesn't take things seriously''. In other words, we're not some S type who isn't aware of when to keep our behavior in check. The perpetuating image of an ENTJ being an ESTJ but with a better ability to build an empire is getting annoying and from what i've seen on this forum it seems that atleast 80%ish are misinformed.
    So it looks like you are fine dumping entire categories of people into a negative bucket, but take exception to people doing that to your type. Ridiculous.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Actually, that was an excellent point. ENTJs are Ni users rather than Si users... this means that they are NOT interested in the details of how something develops, and they definitely do not, by any MBTI description, enjoy micromanaging. When I'm leading a project, I'd really rather NOT have to listen to the specific ways people do their tasks and all the tedious things they need to do to complete them. All I care about is that it all comes together in the end. One of my pet peeves on a group project is when people need excessive handholding.

Also, if you're into socionics at all, Si is actually an ENTJ's inferior function. ENTJs are quite vulnerable when it comes to every day tasks/routines, and are (along with ENFJs) the type most likely to neglect the details.

So yeah, you might enjoy reading up a bit about about how Te Ni work together. You may really notice a lot that you have missed.
    Brilliant post. Clearly s/he(simulated world) doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between Ni and Si.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    lick

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    One of my closest friends in an ENTJ (thankfully a more evolved ENTJ than you) and I was married to an INTJ while there are definitely times that there rubs due to different functions, I can assure you we crack each other up. Perhaps your sense of humor is as narrow as your perspective on NFs.

So it looks like you are fine dumping entire categories of people into a negative bucket, but take exception to people doing that to your type. Ridiculous.
    LOL! the first part you qouted was a joke little missy... Hence the ':P'. I love bantering with NF's, especially INFJ's (they seem to get my sense of humor better than most other types). :P