User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I think that I am romantically drawn to NFPs and INFJs (sorry ENFJs, I've met two of you and liked neither.) I haven't actually had a working relationship with one to date, but my most intense attractions (requited or not...mostly not) have been for NFs. I feel like they complement me in some important, almost cosmic way. Sounds lame, but that's the sensation that I get.

Damn, I can't seem to post anything on topic in this thread.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post

in my experience, NFs are better friends, and NTs are better lovers.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Yeah, I personally find the awkward and geeky displays of affection I get from other NTs to be far more romantic than the the NF kind.
    Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    ^I think all we really established is that ENTPs love themselves.
    Which wasn't exactly news...
    Effen-aye! ... and INTPs

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I don't think I am. I prefer other NTs (and probably a small subset of them at that).

This is really interesting in theory, but I don't think it pans out the same way in reality the majority of the time. In reality, a first impression is when we are drawn to someone.

I'm not drawn to someone unless they seem either 1)intellectually stimulating or 2) positively motivating/inspiring. NT's who are negative/critical are different than NT's who are intensely analytical. The latter I find incredibly attractive. I use to have fun with NT's banter, but as I've gotten older, I find myself ignoring it more and favoring serious conversations. Most of my friends are NT's and a good chunk of them turn to me for deeply private matters. I've dated a few INTJ's and ENTJ's. They've spoiled me. I don't get the intellectual stimulation that I really enjoy from most feelers. Even though I am a feeler.

I have a couple of friends who are feelers and who can't stand to be in the vicinity of a thinker. I view this as incredibly narrow-minded and it rubs me the wrong way whenever I hear it. From my experience, the situation you meet someone in, is only one side of a multifaceted person. At least I would hope so.

Getting to know someone takes quite a bit of time and people change with deeper commitments. Feelers have their strengths too. Don't get me wrong, but if you are going to compare people, compare strength-strength not strength-weakness.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I've always been drawn to T's. NTs and STs.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    Maybe we have a similar dynamic... that is scary. You post made me smile... though... Thanks for that

I get this sense that NTJ despise feeling VULNERABLE in anyway. once you make them feel that, too many times, it's like you are undervalued, resented, and then they dread the sight of seeing your face...
    That was my expirience...he was very detached (he never had a friend for more than 6 months in the 9 years we were together - as soon as someone started getting close he would end the friendship). Of course I was pretty detached too when we first started dating. I got more comfortable with intamacy, but he never did. It was hard, but I have to say he really did have some very admireable qualities and we got along great for the most part...as long as I stayed on my side of the couch
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

I was in love with an INTP, he understood me and loved me unconditionally, say I was beautiful everyday, and make me feel like I was the most desired woman on earth, then he would go silent and always made fun of me for being "emotional" he didn't talk about intellectual stuff... left it at work.
    I was very emotional at the time. I was always trying to bring him out, and make him into the perfect man, I thought he should be. He would laugh... Not get angry, very calm. Very charming and a lot of women liked him. I think it was the P, part that made us click. He had bizzare si paranoia, of people out to get him a lot... When he did get angery he would drink, and play golf, which was a lot...and was not very open...
    Maybe people were out to get him? Not sure.

But yes I've been in love with T's, espically TP's
    I could see being in love with FJ too that wouldn't kill me... I admire them so much and want to be like them, like a mentor relationship...
    SP might be too light for me... not sure.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    I was in love with an INTP..........I was always trying to bring him out, and make him into the perfect man, I thought he should be.
    One of the major clashing points between INTP and ENFP, IME.

I could see why NT's would be annoyed with a younger NF. It takes a while to move past the "I'm going to help you become my ideal" and into the facilitator role. Everyone wants to be accepted for who they are and pushing someone to be someone they aren't doesn't help foster relationships. IF someone is an amazing chemist/engineer/manager etc, THEN nurturing their goals and strongpoints IS how we help them to be their ideal. The focus has to become more of an other-centered focus and less of a self-centered focus. If a person isn't who you want them to be right in the moment, then you need to step back and ask yourself why you are in the relationship and if this is really the right person for you. Regardless of type.

The myth that NT's don't have feelings is just that, a myth. They have incredibly intense feelings. In any relationship, it is of upmost importance to be able to trust the other person will understand the intention behind fumbled expression and that they will respect a boundary when you don't want to share or aren't ready to share. NF's bumble too. I think this is where intuitives understand each other. Two healthy individuals are what is most important. However, maturity doesn't happen overnight, it happens with age and experience.
    "We ascribe beauty to that which is simple; which has no superfluous parts; which exactly answers its end; which stands related to all things; which is the mean of many extremes." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    entp

INTJ and ENTJ more than float my boat