User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 204

  1. #141
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    ^You might have something there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #142
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Result.

    The other problem I have with NT-NT relationships is the competitiveness. Which is great in friendships where it serves to sharpen the mind and bring clarity, but it's too exhausting to maintain in romantic relationships where winning so often means losing.
    Wow I did not think that sharpening the mind would be an exhaustive task for an INTP.

    Personally, it just energizes me.

  3. #143
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Maybe finding it too exhausting is related to introversion. I think it's great between ENTPs and I rarely get tired of it, especially because we both know it's just a game anyway.
    indeed. when the conversation is good and interesting then i feel closer to the person. it's a form of flirting/foreplay with someone attractive.

    it is possible to know when to stop talking and start doing other things. there's more than one form of intimacy, and i just happen to include damn good conversation as one of them.

    as a matter of fact, if i can't have a great, comfortable conversation with someone, then it's a huge red light.

    the need to continue a conversation/argument/debate that's obviously stupid and/or is going nowhere is the biggest turn off.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #144
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Wow I did not think that sharpening the mind would be an exhaustive task for an INTP.

    Personally, it just energizes me.
    I think it's sharpening the mind via interaction with others that's exhausting for them. They (and presumably INTJs as well) would rather do that alone most of the time.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #145
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Wow I did not think that sharpening the mind would be an exhaustive task for an INTP.

    Personally, it just energizes me.
    Arguing can energize or it can drain depending on whether one feels one is making any progress or just splitting hairs. What it doesn't do, is make me feel romantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #146
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    my longest nonstop conversations have been with INTJs.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  7. #147
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I don't think anybody would disagree with you that a relationship where people are constantly splitting hairs isn't a successful one. That's just an unhealthy relationship no matter who partakes in it. I am sure most of us are talking about healthy NT-NT relationships.

  8. #148
    Senior Member hermeticdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Arguing can energize or it can drain depending on whether one feels one is making any progress or just splitting hairs. What it doesn't do, is make me feel romantic.
    f*ing brilliant. How did you think of that?

  9. #149
    Senior Member hermeticdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    209

    Default

    you will see those scenes in movies where people argue, then make passionate love... Hmm...

    "Can you do me a favor? Make 200 double sided copies, and mail each one individually, it's a pain but, the copiers quick, and pick up my dry cleaning...here's $25, how is your second day? Good. Huh." -ENTJ Boss
    -"Uhh, sure thanks, I'll do it."-NF employee
    -"GO F yourself!"-NT employee

    ... to be continued

  10. #150
    sammy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    indeed. when the conversation is good and interesting then i feel closer to the person. it's a form of flirting/foreplay with someone attractive.

    it is possible to know when to stop talking and start doing other things. there's more than one form of intimacy, and i just happen to include damn good conversation as one of them.

    as a matter of fact, if i can't have a great, comfortable conversation with someone, then it's a huge red light.

    the need to continue a conversation/argument/debate that's obviously stupid and/or is going nowhere is the biggest turn off.
    I can relate to all of the above. My most romantic/exhilarating moments have been with NTs. NFs have been best friends throughout my life. But without that "exhilarating" factor, it can't move to the relationship stage. Exhilarating for me, too, equates to having great, comfortable conversations that never end. I've had that with both NTs and NFs, but I do filter a little more for NFs in my life. The filtering kinda muffles the potential for exhilaration.

    Arguing whether NT-NT relationships can be romantic fits into the "going nowhere" and "stupid" categories. Everyone's relationship criteria is unique to their own experiences and preferences.

    Cheers.

Similar Threads

  1. Any INFP's here magnetically attracted to ISTJ's? LOL
    By Kho in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 01:25 AM
  2. Obama proposes companies to report wages for race and gender
    By great_bay in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 12:29 PM
  3. [MBTItm] Are NT Rationale threads inherently boring to NFs?
    By Esoteric Wench in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 02:23 AM
  4. [NT] Any NT's here working dead end jobs ?
    By themarlins in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:56 AM
  5. New Here, Not New to MBTI
    By coconut in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO