User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A lot of the traits that you listed are common with INTJs, but it's not definite. Anyone can be emotional, anybody. That depends on other factors.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    It's very hard raising an INTJ.
    I'm just curious. Why do you think so?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

Hi all,

I'm a new poster and found myself to be an INTJ based on multiple testings. After reading the description of the INTJ, I was amazed by the near flawless relation between my own abilities/weaknesses/tastes and those of the stereotypicl INTJ. It was one of those eye opening revelations, one I wish I had come across sooner in life.
    Welcome to the board I remember how excited I was when I first 'found myself' in the MBTI scale. It gave me an understanding of my interactions with others that I never had before. I've grown a lot over the years that I've been studying it.

However, I also find a few of the listed traits of the usual INTJ to be contradictory to my own state.

They are:

Little emotion (while I try to show relatively little on a day to day basis, I sometimes erupt in anger and also tend to get quite nervous/stressed)

confidence (perhaps with my ideas/theories if I have trully thought them through, but not so much in social situations or upcoming deadlines)

unaffected by others opinions (I have always been sensitive of others perceptions of me and try to avoid any conflict by acting so nice I feel like a fool, or worse, salesman)
    These are actually typical of a lot of INTJs. We all have emotion, we just tend not to put it on display for the world to witness. We deal with it in private. We are the epitome of the 'Still waters run deep' idea, especially Enneagram 4 INTJs like myself.

(You may want to find a free enneagram test site and find that out as well, it gives another angle to the personality that MBTI doesn't even touch)

- INTJ tests ranged from I (65-80%)/ N (60-80%)/ T (30-50%)/ J (0-15%)
    Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you could give me advice as to whether

1.) I am truly an INTJ
    2.) I have under-developed traits (I am assuming this one)
    3.) how I can best work at overcoming these clear weaknesses

Thanks in advance (I'm betting no other INTJ uses these smilies)
    Your J preference is your lowest... and being that you tested at 0 with it at least once, you may fluctuate a bit between INTJ and INTP. (I do this) You may find that some of the INTP description fits as well, but probably not as much as the INTJ.

I think you're probably an INTJ, and as far as underdeveloped traits go, I look at it this way: We all need to learn to use ALL of the functions as much as possible. My ultimate goal would be to be able to switch back and forth as often as needed between the different 'types' in order to accomplish what I need. I know that INTJ will always be my default and most comfortable area, but I have been able to teach myself to be more extroverted when I need to be, more socially aware and subsequently a better friend. I've learned that its OK to show emotion sometimes and that those conversations that I used to have in my head, playing out every possible scenario, will NEVER replace true human interaction.

You're at the beginning of a self-revealing road and I hope you hang around! These boards have been extremely helpful to me in understanding how I interact with others, and to know that I'm really not alone, or as different as I once thought I was.

Embrace the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But hey, fuck you too!
    No, Fuck you, Marmelade, you damned brit. You and your weird orange rind jelly. What's up with that crap? Jeez, enfps are so flaky and moody.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    I'm just curious. Why do you think so?
    It might be the household pet domination combined with the fact that he just dismantled the stair railing, plus he keeps shoving me out of the way to do things that I am too incompetent to handle. He will also walk up to me, in an Ne daze, take his hand and physically move my head to meet his eyes. I also was just commanded "EAT THE CRACKER. drink the juice. drink it DRINK IT DRINK IT!!!!!"

But we have entire conversations just with our eyes and smiles....It's beautiful. I look at him, he looks at me, we smile a little, he narrows his eyes and squints, I giggle, he growls, I growl, he giggles, he wrestle, then I bite him, spin him circles, then he hits me with a toy hammer and yells.

My ENFP friend also has a strange, odd, introverted, dominating, yet intensely physical when tired little genius aka maybe INTJ child. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with her kid until mine started doing all the same things. Awwww, a matched pair to study.

OP-your mom sounds like an enfp.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

It's quite possible.

I have an NTJ friend who had intense anger issues. One moment he was perfectly fine and the next he would just explode on someone whom he felt offended him in some way. I've always found that strange, and a little disheartening, that he felt he can taunt and tease everyone as sarcastically and caustically as he pleased without much consideration for their feelings, but if anyone dared to impose on him or do something he considered offensive, although in casual company it usually isn't - more an individual offense, then he would flip out out on him. It used to be a serious problem in high school, but he has toned things down a bit now. I've noticed that he's been trying to become more aware of other people's feelings and more considerate, and I'm proud of him. It's a real weakness for him - which has always fascinated me. He's one of the most brilliant people I know and in the academic realm he dominates, but when it comes to something as simple imo as finding yourself, your identity, and being able to understand your emotions and empathize with others he literally crumbles.

Anyway, I hope the OP got something from this rant of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    OP-your mom sounds like an enfp.
    Or ESFP.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 03-01-2010 at 10:46 PM.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

you sound like an INTJ to me!

my boyfriend is an INTJ and he (is NOT but) can seem more emotional than me--- and I have Fi as a dominant function. Not having a preference for feelings or emotions does not mean that you are emotionless but do not rely on them or UTILIZE to get along in the world (while all types & people should be well-rounded, this is how you operate best!)

Because you don't factor in other's feelings doesn't mean you might not be ready to display them sometimes when in an intense situation. My boyfriends inferior functions are his least-developed so he not the best at controlling them [in eyes of an innate feeler]. You might not do this often but when you do it can seem monumental due to rarity: catastrophic (angry rage) or infinitely heavy (depression). ***Remember that it might be difficult for you to describe how you don't absorb others' feelings (I on the other hand am SO affected by them that I have a hard time describing it too-- it's ok!!)

My boyfriend and I got into a deep discussion about our differences in feeling after an in-depth talk about..ROBOTS!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

re: Confidence and other's opinions--

I see this as a touchy issue for INTJ. INTJ requires very few but very close people for feedback. Using your inner world dominantly can be even difficult for people to defend, and you do really use yourself as your own best critic-- motivating yourself through systematic judgements that can be interpreted as self-criticism, since your whole world is inside the self! Others' opinions DO matter, but not most of them!!

Too much self-criticism can display under-confidence, and compensatory Te can come across as egoism or arrogance when it is probably simply a mantra for the INTJ, self-motivating and reassuring by complimenting the self, rather than saying it to gloat to others. Confidence, a world of balance for the INTJ, you are the most utterly self-reliant type so you need access it almost always to defend your independence to others, and rarely for yourself because it is quite natural.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    It's quite possible.
    I've noticed that he's been trying to become more aware of other people's feelings and more considerate, and I'm proud of him. It's a real weakness for him - which I've always fascinated me. He's one of the most brilliant people I know and in the academic realm he dominates, but when it comes to something as simple imo as finding yourself, your identity, and being able to understand your emotions and empathize with others he literally crumbles.
    I AGREE! I am trying to help my INTJ with the whole finding yourself thing, trying to explain how it has a relevance to time. He simply does not see the need to schedule in self-discovery, and I emphasize that there is no other part of life that is so greatly influencing on the other parts and yes he should try to fit it in