User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ENTJs: More dating advice?

So, I am a very, VERY typical ENFP. Happy, loves to have fun, etc.
    Tomorrow night, I'm going on a date with an ENTJ, which, from what I've read, seems to be quite different.
    Suggestions, opinions?
    How should I act? How should I not? What do you really like in the people you meet, and what do you HATE? What intrigues you, and what turns you right off?
    Go go go!

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    So, I am a very, VERY typical ENFP. Happy, loves to have fun, etc.
    Tomorrow night, I'm going on a date with an ENTJ, which, from what I've read, seems to be quite different.
    Suggestions, opinions?
    How should I act? How should I not? What do you really like in the people you meet, and what do you HATE? What intrigues you, and what turns you right off?
    Go go go!
    No matter who (which type, whatever that means) you are going on a date with, just be yourself. If you start of trying to please or being phony, the whole relationship will be off... Always.

Good luck, and have fun!
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

ThatGirl

Said it before will say it again. Dating is like living...with more sex. Just do what you do, act naturally. If it isn't compatible better to know sooner than later. One thing I personally hate is when people put off the "show" and try to win me over only to change drastically once they get more comfortable. Consistency is valued.

MBTI
    entp

just keep the your child self in check

not too many animated voices or pretending to cry like a baby when he steals your fries...fun as it might be to you and i, entjs are somehow just a little turned off by that...youll end up in his dont like circle or friend circle but definitely not in his would-like-to-do circle

MBTI
    ENFP

Ha, I don't really do the whole animated voice/cry like a baby thing, so i'm good.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Honesty and sincerity are always appreciated. We can smell phoniness a mile away.

ThatGirl

Ha! You did NOT just say that to an NF...

Way to make her neurotic.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

hehe!

This is kinda silly.

I would say, you will learn his behaviours and what he likes.
    ENTJ's can be very polite in public, curtious, fair, they follow through with most everything they start.

Run through a list of topics you are interested in, being politics, art, history, your background, things you have read, and try to back them up with proofs and make your stories sound somewhat coherent, and interesting...

Infp's/Intp's are better at this then us, cause they sit around a lot and think all day...
    Don't stress you don't have to be an intellectual genius, I would just have something interesting to say, for example what you are passionate about...

and don't talk too much or have sex too soon, leave something to be desired, he will respect you more.

But be honest, and don't be offended by what seems like critisim, or sarcasim, don't let it lock you up... Unless he is just plain rude...

Speak your mind, even though it's easier to ignore his comments, or not know how to respond to them. I still have trouble with that. Sometimes I feel like I'm being mean I don't want to tease back. When I respond in kind, it feels awkward and phony, at worst, at best, like Ive pulled off a good joke and I'm acting, I feel good because Ive pleased him, but its uncomfortable for me...

ok I've got issues with my ENTJ...

MBTI
    INFP

How do you know he's ENTJ?

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    How do you know he's ENTJ?
    Its obvious, and also I asked him, letter by letter, he said he is working on his F side... ummm but he owns his own business, works with computers, math, music, loves to banter, tease and swear.