• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] The Ultimate INTP List

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
For goodness sake, use your Ti. Clearly, if you did belong on the list, you would be at the bottom, as it is sorted by the first letter of one's name.
*mock faint*
I dislike so much having to so viciously correct a fellow brother but I feel compelled to correct you. My name begins with an A.
Clearly, you'd also be at the very, very bottom (under the "fictional characters" section), since we all know that you are simply an illusion of our mind's, rather than an entity existing in reality. :devil:
Are we not all in the same story? Each INTP is written in next to the betrayal of the system, mistreatment and misuse. We all have our roles to bear and it is true that I am only a character.... but as the main one I pwn all the rest so I get topsies.

Last edited:

MerkW

*mock faint*
I dislike so much having to so viciously correct a fellow brother but I feel compelled to correct you. My name begins with an A.

Alas! Proven wrong I thus have been! Not knowing your actual name, I went with your display name.

...but as the main one I pwn all the rest so I get topsies.

:devil:

MerkW

Recently I have been thinking of the Douglas Adams's works. Does anyone here think that Slartibartfast or Marvin the Paranoid Android could be INTPs? I think Slartibartfast might also be an ENTP, though. I am quite confident that Marvin is some IxTx.

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
I refuse to believe that my namesake or any other Ayn Rand protagonist is anything but an INTJ. They're all just "heroic" versions of herself.

And I thought House was supposed to be either INTJ or ENTP.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I don't think Tesla and House are INTPs. Ayn Rand characters seem more INTJ to me, too.

But I would add Kurt Gödel and Noam Chomsky to the list.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Lawrence Waterhouse from Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon is an INTP.

He only shows excitement when it comes time for code breaking, abstract mathematics, organ playing/maintenance, or nerd talk/business. Otherwise he's bored out of his mind. Awkward socially and when carrying a large duffel bag. Best buds with Alan Turing. Stupendous badass.

R

Riva

you guys forgot -

pinocchio.png

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I don't think Brian from Family Guy is an INTP. Maybe INTJ or some S type....

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that he's an INTP.
His writing doesn't feel very INTPish to me. Lovecraft feels more INTPish.

That said, I went to the University of Maine. People there... behind my back, they kept referring to me as "that freaky Stephen King guy". At least, according to my roommate at the time.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
His writing doesn't feel very INTPish to me. Lovecraft feels more INTPish.

That said, I went to the University of Maine. People there... behind my back, they kept referring to me as "that freaky Stephen King guy". At least, according to my roommate at the time.

I'm not sure how I would characterize King's writing but I've always loved the way he seems able to tap into the way children think.

UMaine, huh? I worked there for seven years. Well, actually in Bangor as I was part of the extension office, but I spent a fair amount of time on campus. And I'm sitting here now in my Black Bears jacket since the temperature's slipped back into the forties.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I think House in a J and Roark a P with some traits from other personality types thrown in.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not sure how I would characterize King's writing but I've always loved the way he seems able to tap into the way children think.
Having thought about it a bit, his book On Writing strikes me as more INTPish than his actual fiction. Granted, I'm not sure how I would class his fiction.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Having thought about it a bit, his book On Writing strikes me as more INTPish than his actual fiction. Granted, I'm not sure how I would class his fiction.

Yeah, On Writing seemed pretty INTPish to me, too.