User Tag List

123 Last

Question Ever fall into Ni/Ti thinking loop?

When I am stressed and overthinking, I always fall into Ni/Ti thinking loop. I wonder if other NTs have this problem? Especially INTX?

(and No, I am talking about INFJs)
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not sure what you mean, but I find that Ni undermines/conflicts with Ti.

Ti wants to rationalize through something, to understand and validate the idea (or refute it). Ni is a perception and there's usually no way for Ti to validate everything Ni is saying. Ti can disrupt an Ni flash of a situation, person, concept, etc., by derailing it and demanding too much explanation, killing it dead or making it ineffectual or inaccurate rather than just accepting the vision as true.

Meanwhile, Ni disrupts Ti by jerking the rug out from under Ti's feet. Ti only works if the parameters are defined, and Ni finds it very easy to drag out the "multiple scenario" card. If Ti says a certain answer is the answer, Ni says, "Well, maybe the problem is different than from what you've originally assumed and you're looking at things from the wrong angle." Ni "changes the rules" on Ti... or better yet, says "all rules are arbitrary." Ti does not like that, it needs a few anchor points on which to build its model.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp

i dont think he meant NiTi, he meant Ni/Ti. as in Ni thinking loop and Ti thinking loop. Ni as applicable to Ni users and Ti as applicable to Ti users

yeah, often. need to get out and talk to interesting people to get out of that loop. or go work or something like that

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    yeah, often. need to get out and talk to interesting people to get out of that loop. or go work or something like that
    If that's what he meant, yeah -- you need to engage in activities apart from the loop cycle. it will feel disruptive... but that's the point.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

If he's talking about a loop between Ni and Ti, I can definitely attest to the fact that it makes things very hard to get done, particularly if they matter a lot. You keep starting from scratch and reorganizing. Very frustrating.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If that's what he meant, yeah -- you need to engage in activities apart from the loop cycle. it will feel disruptive... but that's the point.
    Criticism is judgemental, unless you accept it, but it doesnt mean you have to like it, but not criticize others because of it or judge them, or maybe if you criticize, then accept your not really judging.
    Personal example of a Ti/Ni loop of logically running through the variables and the possibilities Once you start to recognize your loops you will recognize them and know when you just need to give it up.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yes, and it's maddening. Ti quietly runs around in the background trying to rationalise Ni and apply some sort of logical structure to its scenarios, only for Ni to step back and muse "unless, of course, I'm looking at this completely wrong and it's actually that way." The neat little card castle collapses and you're left with a pile of cards in an entirely new arrangement. Rinse and repeat until Te decides to say screw this and go play checkers.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by d4mselfly View Post
    Yes, and it's maddening. Ti quietly runs around in the background trying to rationalise Ni and apply some sort of logical structure to its scenarios, only for Ni to step back and muse "unless, of course, I'm looking at this completely wrong and it's actually that way." The neat little card castle collapses and you're left with a pile of cards in an entirely new arrangement. Rinse and repeat until Te decides to say screw this and go play checkers.
    My Ti is in the foreground, I will shutdown when I hit this loop.
    Im out, its been fun

two of my INFJ friends have obvious Ni/Ti loops when they're upset or stressed- it frustrates them because they try to solve their problems by sitting down and analyzing things on their own, and there is a sort of inconsistency in the process that drives them crazy

When I was younger, I used to have Ne/Fe loops of my own that sent me into a very melancholic state. I've managed to avoid getting into them altogether these days by reminding myself to engage my Ti, and all is well.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    nnnn

Ni loops, they're less an activity than a form of being. And Ni-Fi loops.