failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    What aphrodite said about her loop makes lots of sense.

Ni-has an internal perception and Ti makes a judgment

Now the Ti/Ni loop is more spastic. Ti makes a judgment and Ni says nope, doesnt match my perception here, back to Ti. Ti makes a judgment, Ni says nope, doesnt fit here. This is where Fe needs to step in and say, this is just the way it is, but Fe doesnt really know what to do, so Se has to step in and say just do something.
    Are trying to make up to me for that shape shifter comment? Okay, forgiven.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Awesome example cloud... very Ni dominant thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    The only person who thinks like this and I can relate to is Bill Gates. He used his Ni along with his ti really well.
    Well I wouldn't say that... there's a couple people who used to frequent this forum that have similar styles of thinking. Funny thing is most used to think they are INFJs but convinced themselves they are some other type (mainly INTs).

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    I obviously can't know him better than he knows himself, of course. Perhaps it's Ni Te? I still need to work on this.
    No, it is not Ni Te... it truly is Ni Ti. You don't get that sort of thinking off an INTJ unless he's high on something. Te is more about putting things into its place as compared to Ti's way of understanding concepts. Which means Ni Ti can be more open-ended and playful when it comes to exploring ideas. As to the comment about Ni Ti vs Ne Ti... Ni and Ne are two very close faces of the same coin. Ti and Te slightly more distinct. Perhaps that leads to confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ni-has an internal perception and Ti makes a judgment

Now the Ti/Ni loop is more spastic. Ti makes a judgment and Ni says nope, doesnt match my perception here, back to Ti. Ti makes a judgment, Ni says nope, doesnt fit here. This is where Fe needs to step in and say, this is just the way it is, but Fe doesnt really know what to do, so Se has to step in and say just do something.
    Really true for all cases?

It seems like there's different 'brands' of Ni Ti usage. The one I identify with aligns more with cloud's than aphrodite's...

My thoughts usually works like this.
    Ni has an internal a-ha moment, Ti questions the validity of something. Not a judgement because tertiary Ti cranks through things slower. Not like how Fe shuts things down at all. Ti checks to see whether it makes sense. Basically working backwards to see if the Ni leap is correct. Kind of like checking the math when you've came up with a "shortcut" method of solving a problem. If things doesn't work out, then it backs up Ni to a part that is valid and let Ni take another leap.

I guess the difference between my variation and aphrodite's is that my Ni loves and respects Ti. (even if its an slow as heck idiot )
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

My thoughts usually works like this.
    Ni has an internal a-ha moment, Ti questions the validity of something. Not a judgement because tertiary Ti cranks through things slower. Not like how Fe shuts things down at all. Ti checks to see whether it makes sense. Basically working backwards to see if the Ni leap is correct. Kind of like checking the math when you've came up with a "shortcut" method of solving a problem. If things doesn't work out, then it backs up Ni to a part that is valid and let Ni take another leap.
    Yes, I can totally relate to this, except for me it's more about clarifying my insights than it is about actually checking their validity. I normally have absolute faith in them, and the only thing that will cause me to question them is having to make an important decision or deal with the sort of practical things that Ni isn't equipped to handle. In those cases, I tend to get caught in a cycle of second-guessing every insight I get and demanding logical proof for everything. Essentially, I'm so afraid of making the wrong decision that I stop trusting myself and get bogged down in analysis.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Well, I am definitely not a J (so this rules out INFJ and XNTJ).

My Ni is weak. My Ti is far stronger.
    And it is not a proof that I can think like a supergenius like Bill Gates.
    Because most of the time, I am too lazy to think and analyze that deep.
    Most of the time, my thinking is pretty simple.

My example is a proof that Ni and Ti can work together as whole rahter oppose each other.

But I do believe that if you are a true NT, you can use Ni and Ti together.
    I think every NT type can use all four functions, Ne, Te, Ni, Ti. Its a matter of choosing which function you choose to use and make it as strongset.

My hypothesis is that NiTi thinking is very common among INTX type intellectuals (meaning very intelligent INTPs or INTJs), who think about things so out of touch with reality and way into the future like qunatum gravity and string theories that it only makes sense in their own introverted world. I think the more intelligent you are, the more you have this kind of thinking.

If you read a Brief History of Time, you can understand what I mean.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

To me, Ti is not about making a judgement or decision.

It is critical thinking, problem solving, and trying to understand complex theories and something like that. It is also kind of like internal logic and a very good bullshit detector.

I like imagining the future, and like to speculate about what the future is like.

Nevertheless, ,my Ni is not strong.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Well, I am definitely not a J (so this rules out INFJ and XNTJ).

My Ni is weak. My Ti is far stronger.
    And it is not a proof that I can think like a supergenius like Bill Gates.
    Because most of the time, I am too lazy to think and analyze that deep.
    Most of the time, my thinking is pretty simple.

My example is a proof that Ni and Ti can work together as whole rahter oppose each other.

But I do believe that if you are a true NT, you can use Ni and Ti together.
    I think every NT type can use all four functions, Ne, Te, Ni, Ti. Its a matter of choosing which function you choose to use and make it as strongset.

My hypothesis is that NiTi thinking is very common among INTX type intellectuals (meaning very intelligent INTPs or INTJs), who think about things so out of touch with reality and way into the future like qunatum gravity and string theories that it only makes sense in their own introverted world. I think the more intelligent you are, the more you have this kind of thinking.

If you read a Brief History of Time, you can understand what I mean.
    Interesting proposition. Have you really thought about it a lot? Are you sure the INTJs are not utilizing Te, and the INTPs utilizing Ne? I know INTJs, not many INTPs (except on here).

If they do use both, is it really a question of intelligence, or something else? I'm seriously curious. Could it just be that the 'intelligent' ones you are talking about have a very strong, nearly 100% use, of their N and T preferences, which makes them appear, to you, more intelligent because they use Ni/Ne and Ti/Te better than most people are able to? Are they really smarter IQ wise? Or do they just appear smarter because they have such good faculty with N and T?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i think anyone on the extreme end of N is using both Ni and Ne especially if very introverted

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    i think anyone on the extreme end of N is using both Ni and Ne especially if very introverted
    Hmmmm care to clarify what you mean by that?

Just thinking along the line of what aphrodite mentioned in her post. How do you know what Ni and Ne or Ti and Te is exactly to tell whether the person is indeed using both. Or if the person is just versatile enough with the use of say Ni that on the outside, it resembles Ne?
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

To me, Ti is not about making a judgement or decision.
    It is also kind of like internal logic and a very good bullshit detector.
    If that's the case, Ne must prevent Ti from detecting its own bullshit.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    The problem of the Loop:

Ni: People are inherently good.

Ti: Um, no they're not.

Ni: Fine. People are inherently evil.

Ti: Um, no they're not.

Ni: Fine, people are inherently ambiguous.

Ti: How're you gonna prove that?

Ni: TRA LA LA LA LA

Fe: Goddamn it, we need help!

The way I see it, the problem with the Ni/Ti loop is that both of them sort of... directly contradict each other. You need your Fe or Te to come in and hold back the Ti first, and allow the Ni to elaborate before the Ti cuts things short.
    Actually I kinda like this.

I'm gonna remove the cognitive functions out of this, though, because it's just more annoying for me to factor them in. Basically: for myself, I interpret a 'loop' as being more of a negative connotation, meaning, I'm spinning around in circles and getting nowhere. For me, it usually means I have several theories, or several equally plausible perceptions, or way of looking at things, and I either can't hone in on any one, and I get caught up in the fact that I can often justify many of these various sometimes contradicting theories with logic/thoughts, or there's just so much data to work through that I haven't figured out yet how to tie it all together into a cohesive hole that encompasses all of it, wiping away the apparent contradictions so they don't have to be contradictions any longer. With the latter, the more complex the issue, the longer it'll take for me to smooth it all over. With the former, it quite often means I'm lacking critical data or focus that will help me hone in - I'm aimless in focus and flip from one to another perception - and I need to go external at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Ti wants to rationalize through something, to understand and validate the idea (or refute it). Ni is a perception and there's usually no way for Ti to validate everything Ni is saying. Ti can disrupt an Ni flash of a situation, person, concept, etc., by derailing it and demanding too much explanation, killing it dead or making it ineffectual or inaccurate rather than just accepting the vision as true.

Meanwhile, Ni disrupts Ti by jerking the rug out from under Ti's feet. Ti only works if the parameters are defined, and Ni finds it very easy to drag out the "multiple scenario" card. If Ti says a certain answer is the answer, Ni says, "Well, maybe the problem is different than from what you've originally assumed and you're looking at things from the wrong angle." Ni "changes the rules" on Ti... or better yet, says "all rules are arbitrary." Ti does not like that, it needs a few anchor points on which to build its model.
    I think this is really good too.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ