failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Then I think about inventing some technology that can eliminate such retarded jobs like washing dishes, and doing the same thing, day after day, so humanity can free itself to do more creative persuits. Then I think about, washing dishes, what is the purpose of washing dishes, or building skyscrapers (like people who actually build the buildings and have to lift a lot of heavy weights, basically manual labor). how do i invent some technology that can end their suffering. Or when will the lower class actually gain some wisdom and stop doing these jobs. What will happen in the future?

What are we trying to achieve with the work we are doing everyday, etc etc.

/thought

Of course I am keeping all this thinking inside myself. its like thinking something so far ahead and makes no sense that you cannot communicate with anyone.
    When you realize that work is a valuable part of life, it will bring you peace which is better than any amount of longevity or intelligence. Why therefore, would you want to do away with it?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Cloud:

"Then I think about SJs, they do the same stuff everyday, moving and lifting heavy things for 10+hours everyday for at least 6 days a week. Why do they waste so much energy doing this stuff. Don't they ever get bored doing the same stuff everyday, and its so physically exhausting."

Some people actually enjoy hard work, and some people do it to make ends meet! Most people have some hope or plan for personal growth/development and career advancement, but some of them give up because of faulty methods, unfavourable circumstances or even fear of change/risk.

"Will an SJ ever wake up and learn to think like an intuitive. If an SJ spend everyday washing dishes for 1000 years, will he finally wake up , gain some wisdom and think like an NT?"

This is quite mean and chauvinistic thinking... there are SJ's out there who have more wisdom than most NTs, ya know! But I see where you're coming from.

"Then I think about if I live 1000 years, and observing the same shit happening again and again, humanity making the same mistakes over and over again, will I grow wiser?"

Perhaps. Thinking about it is a start, for sure! There's always the danger of getting complacent and self-indulgent, though.

"Will the people with lower intelligence start thinking the way I am thinking if they live 100years?"

Perhaps. Maybe, maybe not- perhaps they might even develop a superior way of thinking altogether. The relationship between intelligence or thinking methodology is not directly related to time- I would think it is more closely related to experience. Some people develop at amazing rates when put through difficult experiences, for example.

"Then I think about inventing some technology that can eliminate such retarded jobs like washing dishes, and doing the same thing, day after day, so humanity can free itself to do more creative persuits."

Fair enough!

"Then I think about, washing dishes, what is the purpose of washing dishes, or building skyscrapers (like people who actually build the buildings and have to lift a lot of heavy weights, basically manual labor). how do i invent some technology that can end their suffering. Or when will the lower class actually gain some wisdom and stop doing these jobs."

I think the point you're neglecting is opportunity- most people will progress when given opportunity (through education, training, economic growth), rather than through wisdom or intelligence.

I couldn't help but commenting on your thoughts, I hope you don't take offense!

This comes across as Ne to me. Are you an xNxP?
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^i think cloud's trying to show off his Ni^
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

I obviously can't know him better than he knows himself, of course. Perhaps it's Ni Te? I still need to work on this.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

The only person who thinks like this and I can relate to is Bill Gates. He used his Ni along with his ti really well.

But I am guessing Einstein also have this way of thinking. Its like making alot of weird connections in your head and analyzing them to create theories that makes no sense to anyone but yourself. (Its like imagination) Maybe thats how Einstein come up with the theory of relativity.
    Einstein and Bill Gates are rather different, in my humble opinion. Einstein's dominant function was Ti, whereas I'm pretty sure Bill Gates is more of a Te sort of guy.

Also, there are many people out there who think like this too! Have you been to Ted.com?
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    I obviously can't know him better than he knows himself, of course. Perhaps it's Ni Te? I still need to work on this.
    Perhaps just an immature xntj?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Perhaps just an immature xntj?
    you said it! not me! I said nothing!

But yes, I doubt that Ti is one of his strong points; we're looking at a probable Te Ni here
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Then I think about SJs, they do the same stuff everyday, moving and lifting heavy things for 10+hours everyday for at least 6 days a week.
    It seems you have a problem with routine and simplicity, Cloud.
    Does that mean you are unlikely to say something like this?
    I have simple pleasures. I play bridge online for 12 hours a week.

I've worked menial jobs involving hard manual labour but I always find some way to remain mentally engaged- there's always something interesting to observe and analyse and learn from, if you keep your eyes (and mind) open
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    STP

What aphrodite said about her loop makes lots of sense.

Ni-has an internal perception and Ti makes a judgment

Now the Ti/Ni loop is more spastic. Ti makes a judgment and Ni says nope, doesnt match my perception here, back to Ti. Ti makes a judgment, Ni says nope, doesnt fit here. This is where Fe needs to step in and say, this is just the way it is, but Fe doesnt really know what to do, so Se has to step in and say just do something.
    Im out, its been fun