First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by purplesunset View Post
    If it could be easily summed up, it wouldn't be Ni.
    And this is why I find it very hard to believe I am Ni dominant

^nicely done!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    OP:

Since you asked for opinions, here's mine: You're probably an inexperienced, under-developed, egoistic and self-absorbed individual who has a lot of growing up to do. Don't say you're going to say something- say it. Having an audience is a privilege- they owe you nothing. The earlier you learn this lesson, the better.

Also, bear in mind that reading large chunks of text is worthless if you do not absorb and process the information presented before you. You're wasting your time, and ours. Do something about it.
    Dear Visa is A Hero from Singapore,

You sound a lot like a well trained parrot and I am sure your parents must just love you.

So, according to you, I am a inexperienced, under-developed, egoistic and self-absorbed individual, what do you know about me? nothing. I think you assume that everyone shares your local values and point of view, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

When I asked for opinions, I was asking for opinions on the subject at hand not your unfounded presumptuous shallow assumptions of my character.

Why do you assume I have not actually absorbed and processed what I read? Have you read the extracts I quoted? I'm guessing not, not that you would be able to understand any of it anyway.

Having an audience is a privilage? fur real? they owe you nothing? fur real? You see my young Visa is an Attention Whore Hero, unlike you, I don't care for attention, in fact, if no one even replied to this, it would not bother me, not in the slightest.

No offense, but you sound like a little kid throwing around a lot of big words you barely comprehend and how could you.

Now, if you have nothing to say regarding the actual topic please stop wasting my time "Visa is A Hero" from Singakpore.

actually the significant point - significant from a standpoint that is only concerned with logic (which should be comprehensible for people who habitually stop at logic) - can be summed up, in fact cited, in only two lines.

i can sum it up in one word: development.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

I will update this thread later during the day with a detailed elaboration of why I think Introverted Intuition and not Introverted Thinking is the most differentiated function that best correlates with the INTP type.

SOME "INTP" who subscribe to the MBTI meme are correct about being "perceivers" AND they are correct about not beeing Ni types. they are either ISTp (not Ni but SiTe) or ENTp (not Ni but Ti&Ne). keep that in mind when arguing with people who call out bullshit on the notion of this thread and carl jung, without even reading or without thinking twice. a lot of people identify with INTP, not because of test results, [meaning not because of alignement with the 4 letter dichotomy, in this case with the the P-archetpye], but because of something they have read and what they have read was written by authors who believed that INTP are rooted in Ti so they tried to make Ti sound like its some kind of P-ish thing, meaning they described something that is like a mixture of a shy entp (they exist) and a psychotic (unstructured) INTj(TiNe). their writings are not rooted in observations of people who align with the P-archetype. observation is far too much work and does not pay back quick money, fame or power. instead they constructed virutal types (INTP profiles) from logical building blocks and tweaked the wordings until the contradictions are hidden underneath. needless to say, there is no aspect of development in their constructs, because no amount of bending words could justify the mbti function order once they had to deal with that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    SOME INTP who subscribe to the MBTI meme are correct about being "perceivers" AND they are correct about not beeing Ni types. they are either ISTp (not Ni but SiTe) or ENTp (not Ni but Ti&Ne). keep that in mind when arguing with people who call out bullshit on the notion of this thread and carl jung, without even reading or without thinking twice. a lot of people identify with INTP, not because of test results, [meaning not because of alignement with the 4 letter dichotomy, in this case with the the P-archetpye], but because of something they have read and what they have read was written by authors who believed that INTP are rooted in Ti so they tried to make Ti sound like its some kind of P-ish thing, meaning they described a mixture of a shy entp (they exist) and a psychotic INTj(Ti). their writings are not rooted in observations of people who align with the P-archetype. observation is far too much work and does not pay back quick money and fame. instead they constructed virutal types (INTP profiles) from logical building blocks and tweaked the wordings until the nonsense is hidden underneath. needless to say, there is no aspect of development in their constructs.
    +1000000000000
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

SOME "INTP" who subscribe to the MBTI meme are correct about being "perceivers" AND they are correct about not beeing Ni types. they are either ISTp (not Ni but SiTe) or ENTp (not Ni but Ti&Ne). keep that in mind when arguing with people who call out bullshit on the notion of this thread and carl jung, without even reading or without thinking twice. a lot of people identify with INTP, not because of test results, [meaning not because of alignement with the 4 letter dichotomy, in this case with the the P-archetpye], but because of something they have read and what they have read was written by authors who believed that INTP are rooted in Ti so they tried to make Ti sound like its some kind of P-ish thing, meaning they described something that is like a mixture of a shy entp (they exist) and a psychotic (unstructured) INTj(TiNe). their writings are not rooted in observations of people who align with the P-archetype. observation is far too much work and does not pay back quick money, fame or power. instead they constructed virutal types (INTP profiles) from logical building blocks and tweaked the wordings until the contradictions are hidden underneath. needless to say, there is no aspect of development in their constructs, because no amount of bending words could justify the mbti function order once they had to deal with that.

Not really. Defining a perceiver as someone who uses an extraverted perceiving function makes perfect logical sense. As does defining a perceiver as one who uses a perceiving function dominantly. Both of these make perfect sense within their own systems.

Socionics does stay more true to Jung in this regard, and I'm not sure how Myers/Briggs came up with their differentiation but I'd say it works just fine. INTPs, INTjs, LIIs, Ti doms, whatever you want to call them, are still going to identify with a logical, systematizing, rational nature regardless of what you're going to call them.

and how does it make perfect sense to call someone judger who does not use a judging function?
    (meaning a perceiver who stops at perception, cause he hasn't developed past it. Ni-Dom)
    that's where observation (of development) comes into play.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

and how does it make perfect sense to call someone judger who does not use a judging function?
    (meaning a perceiver who stops at perception, cause he hasn't developed past it. Ni-Dom)
    He engages the world through judgment, thus he is a judger in MBTI. His dominant cognitive tendency is perception, thus he is irrational in socionics/jung.

The difference is how the world in engaged vs. the dominant unconscious tendency. I'm not really sure what you mean in parenthesis. Doesn't use a judging function? Of course they do. I don't think people just have one function, even when they're young.